Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chargers 27 Bengals 10

Featured Replies

The thing is they have most of the pieces they need. However the problem is their is only really 2 main areas of need and they come at your most important spots at HC and QB. I am in the Marvin needs to be gone camp. This team has the talent, but may need a new voice to get over the next hump. As for Dalton he will be the starter next year, however I sure hope they don't go do a long term contract with him this off season. They need to draft a QB this year.

 

I would let Dalton play out his contract and not give an extension until he proves he can be consistent. That's what the Ravens did with Flacco. I am not comparing him to Flacco, because he did win playoff games. Draft a 2-3 round QB and go from there.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would let Dalton play out his contract and not give an extension until he proves he can be consistent. That's what the Ravens did with Flacco. I am not comparing him to Flacco, because he did win playoff games. Draft a 2-3 round QB and go from there.

I agree. I'd let him play through his contract but if someone llike Manzel is there in the 1st I'd daft one in the 1st round.

I would let Dalton play out his contract and not give an extension until he proves he can be consistent. That's what the Ravens did with Flacco. I am not comparing him to Flacco, because he did win playoff games. Draft a 2-3 round QB and go from there.

 

I agree. I'd let him play through his contract but if someone llike Manzel is there in the 1st I'd daft one in the 1st round.

 

I agree with you both. Do not extend Dalton this off season, he most likely will be the starter going into next year. However they still need to draft one, or possibly trade for a QB like Mallet. They have the talent and I don't want to see that go to waste again with bad QB play or poor head coaching.

Cincinnati Enquirer:

 

Bengals fall to Chargers in another playoff loss | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

 

Interesting quote:

 

Said NFL Network’s Brian Billick before Sunday’s game, in a statement that rings even truer now: “Marvin Lewis runs the risk of being Marty Schottenheimer-esque…Being very good in the regular season, getting into the playoffs and now you’re ‘one-and-done.”

Cincinnati Enquirer:

 

Bengals fall to Chargers in another playoff loss | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

 

 

 

Interesting quote:

 

Said NFL Network’s Brian Billick before Sunday’s game, in a statement that rings even truer now: “Marvin Lewis runs the risk of being Marty Schottenheimer-esque…Being very good in the regular season, getting into the playoffs and now you’re ‘one-and-done.”

 

5 playoff wins to none. Nope. nice try.

5 playoff wins to none. Nope. nice try.

 

Only a comparison. I never suggested Marvin was better than Marty. Besides, it was Billick's quote. I am not happy either with Jones or Dalton.

I am not making excuses for Dalton, he was horrible the 2nd half, but it looked like they were in his face the whole game. The only good thing to come out of this is I'm gonna' save 10K not going to the Super Bowl.

 

Last stat I saw was two sacks, eight knock downs and twelve hurries and that was with several minutes left in the game. Pitiful.

You have to give San Diego a lot of kudos. They had a plan that worked as long as they didn't get behind. Possess the ball by running it, throw lots of play action with a darn good QB and good receivers, and just not put it in harm's way. You know they had to think that Dalton would get careless eventually, as he did. It was on the tape. By playing the way they did, they limited the risk for turnovers greatly. They beat Denver the same way. They are one of those teams that plays to their competition.

They are one of those teams that plays to their competition.

 

Very true. This is how they have been for years.

You have to give San Diego a lot of kudos. They had a plan that worked as long as they didn't get behind. Possess the ball by running it, throw lots of play action with a darn good QB and good receivers, and just not put it in harm's way. You know they had to think that Dalton would get careless eventually, as he did. It was on the tape. By playing the way they did, they limited the risk for turnovers greatly. They beat Denver the same way. They are one of those teams that plays to their competition.

They interviewed a couple Chargers players after the game and they all said they expected Dalton to throw interceptions. When a second player was asked if they thought he would or knew he would, the player said we never "thought" he would.....lol. That says it all when your opponents expect and know you will throw them easy interceptions.

Hell of of time to have a bad game. Typical apologist response...

 

I don't consider myself an apologist, but I do think there is zero chance Mike Brown would hire a better D coordinator than the one they currently have.

They interviewed a couple Chargers players after the game and they all said they expected Dalton to throw interceptions. When a second player was asked if they thought he would or knew he would, the player said we never "thought" he would.....lol. That says it all when your opponents expect and know you will throw them easy interceptions.

 

They also said everything the Gals ran they were prepared for an had faced. Gruden added no wrinkles.

I dont really feel like reading back through every thread. But I dont know if anyone raised this question. Whos more talented, the Bengals? Or the Colts? IMO the Colts are a lot less talented but have a superstar QB. He already has a playoff win while Dalton is 0-3... A competent QB makes a huge difference.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.