Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If someone gave you two free tickets to Bengals/Chargers would you go.......

Featured Replies

Obviously mine is yes for both considering I have been to every home game this year lol. People have talked about how its not like it was back in the "glory days" of the jungle. However I sit by a lot of people who have had season tickets for 30 years and they talk about how this year it really has felt like the fun "glory days" of the jungle. People I know got fed up with this team and that's understandable. However this season at games has been a very fun environment, and most excited and loudest I have ever heard the stadium before. Which people who were also going back then also have felt it.

 

With that said though I definitely understand why people wouldn't go to games. High ticket prices, cold weather, and just the tv experience is great.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even though I said I'd go for free tickets (that's mainly because I've never been to a Bengals playoff game) I would much rather get together with a big group of friends. Everyone bring some food and have beer. It's honestly a lot more fun with my group of buddies, as I'm sure many would say the same. And we have guys in the group who could tell you the third string O-line from the 90's...as diehard as it gets.

 

I guess it's a matter of preference, but there's not much more fun than going to a Giants home game for me.

I guess it's a matter of preference, but there's not much more fun than going to a Giants home game for me.

 

That would be me at a Kentucky basketball game in Rupp Arena. My passion for it is much higher than the Bengals.

Yes to both. A blackout wouldn't cause me to go if I wasn't planning on it either.

That would be me at a Kentucky basketball game in Rupp Arena. My passion for it is much higher than the Bengals.

 

I am a die hard Bengals and UK fan. However I have seen UK win titles, so I get a little bit more excited about the Bengals and go to more of their games now because if I had to choose I would chose a Bengals Championship since I have seen UK win a few.

 

Not to mention since I went to basically every UK game while I was a student at UK, I now prefer going to the Bengal games. :D

There are idiots everywhere beer is consumed. Go to your local pub on a Friday night or go to an outdoor festival. I just don't let it bug me. If you took the tailgating and beer drinking away from the games they would never sell out. Football games are about more than just the game like it was said above. It is about an all day affair, and tailgaiting with friends and family. Sometimes people consume to much and if they do they should be punished for dumb actions. But the party atmosphere at games is what makes it so much fun. I couldn't imagine going to a Bengals game without tailgating at Longworth hall all day consuming some brew and cheering as loud as I can at the game. The fans who do that far out number the fans who want to be party poopers.

 

I'm cool with a party. I understand the excitement of a game. I don't think anyone has a real problem with folks who know their limits, and know how to have fun, but still act civilized.

 

The fans, as you say, who party far out number the fans who want to be party poopers, so the milder, non-guzzlers who behave in a more self-controlled manor at games who aren't too keen about fowl language, drunkenness, and rambunctious behavior are the party poopers?

 

Ok... I see it all a bit better now. Thanks for the input.

 

You probably can tell me this too, cause you're in the know about this sort of stuff?

 

At the tailgate parties, would the general consensus be "The bigger the rack of ribs on the grill, the bigger the man"? Just curious?

[/b]

 

I'm cool with a party. I understand the excitement of a game. I don't think anyone has a real problem with folks who know their limits, and know how to have fun, but still act civilized.

 

The fans, as you say, who party far out number the fans who want to be party poopers, so the milder, non-guzzlers who behave in a more self-controlled manor at games who aren't too keen about fowl language, drunkenness, and rambunctious behavior are the party poopers?

 

Ok... I see it all a bit better now. Thanks for the input.

 

You probably can tell me this too, cause you're in the know about this sort of stuff?

 

At the tailgate parties, would the general consensus be "The bigger the rack of ribs on the grill, the bigger the man"? Just curious?

 

All I got from that was " Hey kids get off my lawn " .

 

In all seriousness what I meant was the morons are an extreme minority . I just get annoyed when people talk about wanting to end the fun for thousands who have fun attending the games and letting the nectar we call booze flow.

 

P.S. more ribs is always better

Turned down freebies. Didn't even hesitiate. Didn't spend tons of dough on food, drink and parking, Didn't get wet or cold. Didn't wait in any lines. Wasn't annoyed by drunks. Not my idea of fun not even considering how bad the Gals played. No brainer...

My best friend has season tickets to the Titans and I get to go to a few games a year. We have never had any problems. Best game I went to was when Vince Young was the QB and he led a big comeback against the Giants. That place was rocking.

My best friend has season tickets to the Titans and I get to go to a few games a year. We have never had any problems. Best game I went to was when Vince Young was the QB and he led a big comeback against the Giants. That place was rocking.

 

Nashville rocks!!

Agree.

 

Honestly, I prefer watching games at home versus live. I don't know why, but commercials and down time feel different in the stadium and detract from watching the game live. The games seem to really drag when I am in the stadium. I know the time isn't different but when at home it doesn't seem to drag on like it does in the stadium.

 

I'm the exact opposite. I prefer being at the game as opposed to sitting at home watching it on TV.

 

I loath analysts. I don't need to be told what I just saw. I don't care about their opinions or second guesses. I hate commercials, too. If I have to watch a game on TV, it's with the sound up just enough to hear the crowd, not the announcers, or it's at a sports bar with friends and other fans.

 

I like having the crowd around me, cheering, and jeering. There is nothing like having an opponent false start or have to call a time out because of the noise, or when a touchdown is scored and the place is so loud you cannot hear yourself think. I like being part of that. I like watching others around me watch the game. And I love tailgating.

 

I've had bad experiences, but they have been heavily outweighed by the good ones. Going to football games is one of the best things in life, to me anyway. Thankfully, Mrs. S feels the same.

Yes to both; I would go to a free Bengals game any time regardless of how they are playing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.