Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If someone gave you two free tickets to Bengals/Chargers would you go.......

Featured Replies

My 17 year old nephew is a huge Chargers fan and is planning on going to this game. He's a great kid, but he is a big dude and I'm afriad some drunk idiot(s) are going to try and fight him because he'll wear his Chargers gear. I think the main reason attendance is down is the ease of watching at home coupled with not having to deal with drunk idiots.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I'm a Bengals fan and I was close...there's no way I'd miss it. I love going to Giants home games, and if I have the opportunity to go to a Giants home playoff game I'm in.

What is sad is it used to be like that.

 

Even back in the 90's when this team was just dreadful, we had I believe more season ticket holders than they have now and the reason is the atmosphere.

 

I kept my tickets all through that dreadful decade because it was still an event and the atmosphere was contagious and still great fun and entertaining, even with how horrid the team was.

 

In the 90's you could take your kids to games and know they would enjoy it and you didn't have to worry about what they would see or hear while attending games.

 

I don't know what it is, it very well could be the outrageous prices they charge now at the concessions stands and for beer inside the stadiums that there may not be more people tailgating these days, but there are a lot more getting drunk while tailgating simply because the price of beer inside the stadium is so ridiculous it's much easier and cheaper to get drunk before you enter the stadium.

 

I really believe that is a huge part of the problem. When you can buy a case of beer and you and a buddy can drink it before the game for the same price it would cost you to buy 3 beers inside the stadium, well it doesn't take a genius to figure out what is going on.

 

As I stated before, we had season tickets since 1977, I was 12 years old and my younger brother was 11 years old and we went to every game with our dad. There is no way in heck if he were alive today he would take his 2 little boys to games today with what goes on at them anymore. The language is embarrassing for 10-11 year olds to hear, and that isn't even talking about the drunks fighting in the stands etc.

 

I think if the NFL doesn't seriously look into this issue it will only get worse in the future and you will see less and less sell outs. How bad is it that a place like Green Bay that has a 100,000 person waiting list for season tickets can't even sell out.

I would be there no matter what if I had free tickets. And yes, I would drink enough to keep me warm. However, I'm not one to get out of control and start cussing/fighting like crazy. But I would certainly have more than my fair share of beverages before the game started.

 

Funny I say all that though because the Bengals game I went to this year versus the Browns, I drank zero!

Ditto. I'll add option C:

 

Seats in a suite. Nope.

 

Too cold. Too much of a hassle. TV is awesome. If no TV I'll find something else to do.

 

Bingo...

 

No and No...

Weather will deter casual fans, does for all Cincy teams.

Weather will deter casual fans' date=' does for all Cincy teams.[/quote']

 

So you're a "casual" fan just because you don't want to sit in 10°-20° weather with a ton of drunk people to watch a football game, when you could go to Buffalo Wild Wings or stay at home and watch on a nice tv with 10-15 friends?

Weather will deter casual fans, does for all Cincy teams.

 

Even though I said I'd go for free tickets (that's mainly because I've never been to a Bengals playoff game) I would much rather get together with a big group of friends. Everyone bring some food and have beer. It's honestly a lot more fun with my group of buddies, as I'm sure many would say the same. And we have guys in the group who could tell you the third string O-line from the 90's...as diehard as it gets.

So you're a "casual" fan just because you don't want to sit in 10°-20° weather with a ton of drunk people to watch a football game' date=' when you could go to Buffalo Wild Wings or stay at home and watch on a nice tv with 10-15 friends?[/quote']

 

Well if not enough "die hards" or businesses buy tix, you won't be able to do that..

Well if not enough "die hards" or businesses buy tix, you won't be able to do that..

A yes

B no

 

The problem isn't so much that watching on a HD tv is much better, it's that the crowd makes the game day experience dreadful anymore.

 

Its a problem league wide. I have nothing against drinking, baseball games are fine etc. hockey games it adds to the fun, football games however with the mentality of the game itself it becomes unbearable at times with the way people are so drunk and obnoxious and the language etc. I hate to say it but the tailgating may be a big problem that contributes to it. People are drinking hours before the game and by the time the game starts are already in ripe to be obnoxious.

 

Its just not fun being there like it used to be.

 

Like I said in another thread. The crowds are no worse than they were 10-20-30 years ago the only difference is the people complaining are older now than they were 10-20-30 years ago.

People go to Bengals' games? :D

Like I said in another thread. The crowds are no worse than they were 10-20-30 years ago the only difference is the people complaining are older now than they were 10-20-30 years ago.

 

Interesting take on it, and perhaps partially true, but maybe not a completely accurate and scientific assessment, but nonetheless your perception of it, while others express different contributing factors, is somewhat worthy, but perhaps not exactly right on the money.

 

Not sure the exact on this can really be uncovered as perception is wide and varied.

......

 

A. No.

 

B. No.

 

To be clear, I LOVE the Bengals.

 

Agree.

 

Honestly, I prefer watching games at home versus live. I don't know why, but commercials and down time feel different in the stadium and detract from watching the game live. The games seem to really drag when I am in the stadium. I know the time isn't different but when at home it doesn't seem to drag on like it does in the stadium.

I have been going to Bengals home games for 33 years, only missed 5 in that time. Ido not see a difference in fan behavior and have rarely seen any problems other that some good natured taunting. Maybe I sit where there are very few problems.

Like I said in another thread. The crowds are no worse than they were 10-20-30 years ago the only difference is the people complaining are older now than they were 10-20-30 years ago.

I disagree. As I said earlier, I have been a going to every home game since 1977 and 10-20 and 30 years ago

 

Yes there were drunks and fights etc. back then, but I didn't see it as being as frequent.

The language definitely wasn't as bad back then as it is today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.