Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region All-Decade (Plus) Team

Featured Replies

Ok, fans of the 10th... You get 7 slots for players and 2 coaches from 2000-2013. Who do you take? Here's mine:

 

Chris Lofton, Mason County

Darius Miller, Mason County

Omar Prewitt, Montgomery County

Preston Knowles, GRC

Kevin Reinhart, Campbell County

Keaton Belcher, Pendleton County

Brent Bach, Augusta

 

Coaches:

Kelly Wells, Mason County

Mike Reitz, Harrison County/ GRC

  • Replies 41
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......

 

I LOVE Bach, but just in terms of level of competition and post-season accomplishments, I would work hard to include a Brossart kid. Not sure which off the top of my head, maybe the Chris Ryan kid who went to Morehead, but I'd find a spot for one.

 

Bach and Corey Pelle would be on an honorable mention list.

  • Author
......

 

I LOVE Bach, but just in terms of level of competition and post-season accomplishments, I would work hard to include a Brossart kid. Not sure which off the top of my head, maybe the Chris Ryan kid who went to Morehead, but I'd find a spot for one.

 

Bach and Corey Pelle would be on an honorable mention list.

 

To be truthful...I went back and forth between Bach and Justin Seiter for the final spot.

I think Corey Pelle gets over looked, a lot. There may be many reasons. He had an outstanding career at West Liberty, here's a good summery of his college stats........

 

A few months after leading the West Liberty University men's basketball team to a No. 1 national ranking and a trip to the NCAA Division II Final Four, Corey Pelle is only a couple of weeks away from the start of his professional basketball career.

 

The first-team NCAA Division II All-America point guard has signed to play for BC Prievidza in the Slovakian Extraliga, the top professional basketball league in that Eastern European country.

 

A dazzling playmaker who ranked among the top 10 nationally in steals and assists while leading the No. 1-ranked team in the country on a 33-game winning streak that carried the Hilltoppers all the way to the national semifinals, Pelle was at his best on the national stage.

 

The 6-0 Pelle was the only NCAA men's basketball player in any division to surpass 200 assists and 100 steals during the 2010-11 season as he led the Hilltoppers in scoring (17.3 ppg.), assists (211) and steals (102). Pelle finished his career with a flourish, scoring 52 points and handing out 16 assists in two Elite Eight games. He is West Liberty's career record-holder in assists and steals and ranks fifth on the school's all-time scoring list with 1,953 points.

You will never, ever get an argument from me about naming Corey Pelle all-anything. He was that good.

 

Put him on any team in region and he still stands out. Was snubbed by NKU only to eat their lunch at West Liberty.

 

We've (Brossart) have had our share of blue-chippers. Justin Seiter graduated in 2000 so he qualifies as a plus.

Evan McDole in 2005 was pretty special, started every game he every played at Brossart in varsity competition. Went to NKU on a baseball scholarship.

Troy Cooper was a workhorse and a scoring machine. Perhaps the strongest post-player to ever pass through the program. Went to UCincinnati on a track/field scholarship where he set and holds UC school records for discus and shot put.

 

All three candidates are members of our 1,000 Points Club.

  • Author

Ttt

Vinny Zollo

Kellen Smith(maybe)

 

Sure question that?

Sure question that?

 

I would have to include Corey Pelle in any 10th Region listing as like Mustang stated earlier I think he was that good.

 

Some very good Brossart players during that time span as well.

 

Why I wouldn't include Kellen Smith from Scott in a top 7 scenario I would consider him for any top 10-15 mention. Not many had a better high school career. Scored close to 1300 points and finished career as all time assist (600+) and steal leader at Scott. Throw in 3 straight District Tournament MVP's. Not many tougher more competitive players from the 37th in Scott's relatively short time in the 10th

  • Author

Kellen Smith was a great player, no doubt. However, on my squad there are 5 former D1 guys, a D2 guy, and another who will play at the next level (and beyond). I agree with 4 point play...If we're talking 10-15, then I give him some consideration.

Kellen Smith was a great player, no doubt. However, on my squad there are 5 former D1 guys, a D2 guy, and another who will play at the next level (and beyond). I agree with 4 point play...If we're talking 10-15, then I give him some consideration.

 

Serious question, did the D1 guys have better high school careers? That is all that matters. Some guys play out of position in HS and don't fully bloom til college. Not familiar with 10th region, which is why I ask.

Kellen Smith was a great player, no doubt. However, on my squad there are 5 former D1 guys, a D2 guy, and another who will play at the next level (and beyond). I agree with 4 point play...If we're talking 10-15, then I give him some consideration.

 

Lot of very good players in the 10th during this time frame and really tough to pick a top 10-15 and when you narrow it down to 7 it gets downright crazy. I just can't include Bach in a top 7 over some of the other players mentioned due to the level of competition faced night in and night out.

 

My opinion of Bach is that he is a solid D2 player and much like my thoughts on Nick Ruthsatz of CovCath before he committed to Findlay I thought D1 could happen but it would have to be a perfect fit system wise and still might be a stretch.

 

To include Bach in a top 7 you have to leave out Robby Stenzel who had a great career at GRC! Not to beat a dead horse but accomplished this against a much tougher schedule.

 

Speaking of Zollo where is he playing basketball now? I thought he left WKU and went to Furman but I did not see him listed on Furman's roster?

Zollo is at a juco in Florida.

Kellen Smith was a great player, no doubt. However, on my squad there are 5 former D1 guys, a D2 guy, and another who will play at the next level (and beyond). I agree with 4 point play...If we're talking 10-15, then I give him some consideration.

 

Not saying I disagree, but Kellen is a starter at Saginaw Valley State, a D2 school, as a sophomore, leading the team in assists. He's a solid college player.

Chris Lofton

Trevor Setty

Darius Miller

Omar Prewitt

Preston Knowles

 

Keaton Belcher

and my homer pick is Brandon Rash

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.