Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Says Kansas Has Loudest Arena, Rupp Not Listed

Featured Replies

I agree with Kansas having the loudest environment, at least on my television.

I agree with Kansas having the loudest environment, at least on my television.

 

It might be #1 on the college tour bucket list.

Apparently, it's frowned upon.

 

Obviously North Carolina is not the stronghold of progressive peeing poses that Northern Kentucky is.

I looked for you while watching the game Clizzy, but I didn't see anybody in the stands peeing on one leg.

 

The "peeing on one leg" part or the "in the stands" part?

The "peeing on one leg" part or the "in the stands" part?

 

I was looking for both.

It might be #1 on the college tour bucket list.

 

I went last year while Ole MIss played in Kansas City, the museum with Allan Fieldhouse is really cool. I'll definitely go back sometime for a game.

I wouldn't expect UK to be on this list. However, if they had a list for loudest fans in an opposing team's gym or neutral court games, I bet UK would be right there at the top.

I've been to a game at Allan Fieldhouse (very cool place). They played Baylor in a conference game. There were times I'd say the gym was "loud" but nothing out of the ordinary or nothing like Rupp gets for say a Florida or Tennessee game.

The Blue Blood season ticket holders can make Rupp seem like a funeral sometimes.

Duke has an unfair advantage in a poll like this. Their gym is not much bigger than Mason County's. It's not too difficult to generate a lot of noise in a small facility like that.

Also, as bad as I hate to mention them, when Indiana has good teams their place can be loud due to the way it's shaped. It's designed like a canyon with the seats going straight up at a steep incline and all the noise funnels down to the playing area. When they beat UK 2 years ago on a last second shot Assembly Hall probably broke the record for noise.

Not surprising. This was talked about a lot during the Tubby years. Rupp compared to other places is not that tough of an environment to play in compared to other places. It takes a top 10 game usually or a big run to get Rupp rocking, but then it can go back to silence rather quickly.

Purple hairs are somewhat quiet by nature, so.....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.