Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County 24 Male 10

Featured Replies

FINAL: Scott County 24, Male 10. Cards will play in 6A finals Friday night.

 

Said in the prediction thread that I thought all year that Scott Co would win this year.

Simply an outstanding win. Congrats to the Cards. Well coached team.

Simply an outstanding win. Congrats to the Cards. Well coached team.

 

Definitely a well coached team and an outstanding football program.

How big was the blocked field goal returned for a TD by Scott County at the end of the 1st half? Nice win.

Definitely a well coached team and an outstanding football program.

 

Coach McKee does a great job. I was listening to his post-game comments and he gave credit to Kerry Coombs for a suggestion he heard him make while Kerry was speaking at a clinic. Kerry said that if you have a freshman athlete that has the talent to be a key player as a sophomore, make sure you get him in the lineup on special teams as a freshman. Coach McKee said he did that with Theo Price last year, and you see what he has done this year. Theo was one of the key players tonight. Congrats to the Cards and Coach McKee. I'm sure they will not take Meade for granted.

Congrats Scott. I don't know how Daniel peformed but any chance that he wins Mr. Football now?

Congrats Scott. I don't know how Daniel peformed but any chance that he wins Mr. Football now?

 

He is definitely not 100% since the injury, and missed several games, so I do not see him taking home Mr. Pigskin. Great player, though, when 100% and very fun to watch.

Congrats to the Cardinals.

How big was the blocked field goal returned for a TD by Scott County at the end of the 1st half? Nice win.

 

After it happened I turned to my father and said "game over." If Male makes that, it's 10-10 at half. Scott had dominated the first half but a halftime tie would have had to hurt Scott's psyche. But the block and return almost shut Male down right then and there.

 

I thought Male's quarterback was very tight all game. Just couldn't get into a rhythm. Overthrew numerous receivers and threw behind several. Scott County really didn't blitz or bring pressure, but they had the Male receivers covered like a glove. And Northington had the huge night last week but Scott had a linebacker spy on him every time he left the background.

 

One final thing: As someone who doesn't watch much big-school football, he biggest thing I noticed tonight was that neither Scott or Male miss tackles. When they got to you the run was over. I'm used to seeing smaller schools with two or three good tacklers. Tonight, both teams had a lineup full. It was enjoyable to watch.

Congrats Scott. I don't know how Daniel peformed but any chance that he wins Mr. Football now?

 

He wasn't much of a factor tonight, but they didn't really look to get him the ball too much. You can tell he's not nearly as healthy as normal.

FINAL: Scott County 24, Male 10. Cards will play in 6A finals Friday night.

 

Said in the prediction thread that I thought all year that Scott Co would win this year.

 

Congrats SC, I saw something special last yr and knew that McKee had the program headed in the right direction and I have been one of the few sayin you were the real deal.:thumb:

 

As with all big program wins, got to keep them in perspective and move on quickly or they can bite ya if you get caught up into it...

 

Good luck next week:thumb:

  • Author

Scott County defeats Male 24-10 in 6A semifinals

Read more here: High school football: Scott County defeats Male 24-10 in 6A semifinals | High School Sports | Kentucky.com

 

 

"I've never really been somebody who believed that last year's loss fuels next season," Coach Jim McKee said. "But when we walked off the field last year at Trinity, I knew what we had coming back, and I knew when we got in the weight room the first of January what we had on our minds.

"There's no way we'll overlook Meade County. We're going to Bowling Green to win the thing."

Male, which dealt the Cards playoff losses in 2010 and 2008, figured to be a big obstacle again. The Bulldogs beat superpowers St. Xavier and Trinity in the regular season and again in the playoffs, so they came into the semifinals full of confidence.

That confidence took a major hit, though, in the closing seconds of the first half.

Trailing 10-7, Male drove to the Scott County 1-yard line, but with time winding down the Bulldogs couldn't crack the goal line. Looking to tie the game, they attempted a chip-shot field goal.

That turned into a disaster for Male.

The Cards' Jordan McKeehan blocked Jonah White's kick. Male, apparently thinking the half was over, watched as Keith Guy picked up the ball and streaked 86 yards for a touchdown with 0:00 on the clock to make it 17-7.

"It was crazy, just crazy," Guy said. "For a minute I didn't realize it was a live ball. But then I saw Coach (McKee) going crazy, telling me to pick it up. So I picked it up and ran with it."

McKeehan called it "a huge play. It gave us a bigger lead and the momentum going into the second half."

Male Coach Chris Wolfe said the blocked field goal and Scott County TD was the difference in the game.

"We're on the one-inch line, and if we score we go up 14-10. Instead, we go down 17-7. We never recovered.

Read more here: High school football: Scott County defeats Male 24-10 in 6A semifinals | High School Sports | Kentucky.com

Nice to see CKY with a strong 6A football presence.

Congrats on a great season, Male. Scott Co. showed last year was no fluke. #realdeal

Well, Scott County has now played "somebody" and although their offense was held in check, they otherwise handled Male pretty good. I think state-wide they deserve more credit than what they are getting-------with respect to their quality compared to that of Bowling Green and Highlands.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.