Frankfort vs. Mayfield Predictions

JokersWild24

Who wins when Frankfort travels to Mayfield?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins when Frankfort travels to Mayfield?

• Frankfort Panthers
    • Mayfield Cardinals

We're on to the State Semis, where Craig Foley's Frankfort Panthers will travel to Mayfield to take on Joe Morris' Cardinals.

Mayfield has been the consensus favorite in 1A most of the season and look to keep rolling against Frankfort.

Share your predictions and thoughts in this thread.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a dandy, 2 real good football teams battling for the chance at going to state. Mayfield has been here done that, Frank is the new kid on the block. I will take my chances with my Cards, they have generally come thru for me over the years. Not the most talented of teams but a smart and very displined group.

I think Mayfield's depth could be a factor. I think it'll be close with the Cardinals pulling away in the latter stages. Can someone fill us in on Frankfort's team? Are they a spread offense team or more of a running team? How's there size in the trenches? Who are the players to watch? Do they throw the ball much? What's there strengths/weaknesses, etc?

Hard to predict since I know very little about the panthers. They did beat a solid PROGRAM last nite but I don't think that beechwood had one of their stinger teams. Having said that, this is not one of mayfields strongest teams either. The cardinals defense looked really good last night but Russellville was one dimensional, slow, and without one of their best running backs. I'll take the cardinals simply because they are at home.

I think Mayfield's depth could be a factor. I think it'll be close with the Cardinals pulling away in the latter stages. Can someone fill us in on Frankfort's team? Are they a spread offense team or more of a running team? How's there size in the trenches? Who are the players to watch? Do they throw the ball much? What's there strengths/weaknesses, etc?

I don't think they threw the ball more than 5 times. They didn't need to. Penalties and #44 moved the ball easily. I saw no other talent to really speak of. A good solid team, yes. But no real standouts.

I don't want to be mean or distrespectful, but I do not believe Franfort was the better team last night. I truly hope I'm wrong and they make a good showing against Mayfield, but I do not expect it.

I don't think they threw the ball more than 5 times. They didn't need to. Penalties and #44 moved the ball easily. I saw no other talent to really speak of. A good solid team, yes. But no real standouts.

I don't want to be mean or distrespectful, but I do not believe Franfort was the better team last night. I truly hope I'm wrong and they make a good showing against Mayfield, but I do not expect it.

Please tell me in what facet of the game Beechwood was better than Frankfort...

I can tell you this that Frankfort ran the football and kept running the same 2 plays because BW couldnt stop it.

The rest of the play makers did not get used because the Juice put his team on his back last night and the Frankfort staff decided to ride that horse until the end.

My advice to Mayfield just plan for 44.

I can tell you this that Frankfort ran the football and kept running the same 2 plays because BW couldnt stop it.

The rest of the play makers did not get used because the Juice put his team on his back last night and the Frankfort staff decided to ride that horse until the end.

And that is the Beechwood 2013 story in a nutshell. They had trouble running the ball and they had trouble stopping the run. When you know it is coming and you can't stop it, well ... I am not going to dig into that in this thread.

As to this game, run #44 will not work against a team whose real strength is at the line of scrimmage, like Mayfield 2013. As Coach Buckett sarcastically points out, Frankfort's coaches know that.

Frankfort will have to pass the ball somewhat effectively to beat Mayfield. I don't think a team in 1A that just relies on the run will beat this squad. I don't know enough to really know Frankfort's strength's and weakness's to really comment on them. Mayfield has a very solid line and the defense has really risen to the occasion lately. I'm sure Frankfort is a solid ball club or they wouldn't be here.

Frankfort has the ability to throw the football. Several times this season they have had big games throwing the ball. They also have a stable of running backs. I agree the Panthers will have to mix it up more to beat the Cardinals. Friday they got in a grove and the coaching staff just stuck to what was working.

Please tell me in what facet of the game Beechwood was better than Frankfort...

No you are right. Frankfort was certainly the better team last night. I just saw nothing that showed me anything else. Other than 44. It did seem like the panthers couldn't pass when they tried.

I get that and I said that in my post. They didn't need to do more than run #44. He's a beast. Should be interesting to see what happens if Mayfield can stop that run as expected.

We will see. I like both teams fans, but honestly I would like to see some new blood. I do hope the Panthers can pull it out, but I certainly wouldn't put the rent money on it.

Good luck to both teams and hoping for an injury free game so the best can represent in the finals.