Murray 27 Caldwell County 14

bugatti

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get my plate of crow ready, boys. Murray ran all over our defense, controlled the clock, and scored when they needed to. Their defense played great, and the wind played hell with Sindelar's passes. Murray took the crowd out of the game early.

We talked in the pregame thread and I think I talked about how the weather is a great equalizer.

Mayfield played Murray in 97 and beat them 28-7 at their place and they beat us in the playoffs 7-0 at our place on a night just like this. Mayfield had a better team but the conditions equalized the teams.

Games and nights like this....you never forget.

Unfortunately for Murray, they get a Desales team who looks like they're hitting on all cylinders. They'll need to play a perfect game next week to have a chance and they'll need similar weather conditions or it could get ugly. For what's it's worth, I'd be saying the same thing if Caldwell were playing them.

Get my plate of crow ready, boys. Murray ran all over our defense, controlled the clock, and scored when they needed to. Their defense played great, and the wind played hell with Sindelar's passes. Murray took the crowd out of the game early.

Tonight's weather and opponent combination were an absolute worst-case scenario for Caldwell County. Congratulations to Murray on the big win!

Caldwell relied on the pass and Murray the run all year as I understand. Passing, as you know quite well, is much more difficult on a cold windy night. So, weather played into the strength of Murray, even though it is not an excuse for Caldwell. Even a QB like Drew Barker would not have thrown as well on this night. LOL!!!

Hey SS, what goes around, come full circle, right? LOL!!!

I guess I will take a helping of that crow myself. Congrats to Murray on executing a good game plan. I will be rooting for them next week. Our tigers played another subpar game tonight. They played extremely conservative. I dont know what game some on here were watching, but if you think Caldwell was going for the big plays tonight you havent seen them play this year. Yes, the weather did play a role in this one, but this team didn't get to 12 and 0 running the ball. Very much a pass first team. Twice I can think of we got in the red zone and failed to score. With Sindelar (one of the best qb in the state) and Pepper (6' 8" wr) never even attempted a hook up in those situations. Makes one scratch your head doesn't it. Way too late to change a game plan this time of year.

Did CC get out coached??

First of all, I would have taken 1 of my 3 timeouts on the next to last Caldwell County drive, when it was 4th down and the season to go, and I would have made sure everybody was on the same page, BUT hindsight is 20/20. I felt so bad for the boys. Just terrible.

I'm kind of in disagreement with the thinking that if you are a team like Caldwell County, you take the game out of your stud QB's hands by running the ball. Go with what got you there. I can't imagine what would be said if they switched things up and went with a ground-and-pound, three yards and a cloud of dust philosophy and lost. If Caldwell County wanted to have their best chance at winning this game, they were going to do it with Sindelar's arm, and it sounds like that's what they tried to do.