NKY Middle School Basketball 2013/2014

stinkyboy II

That is accurate. I didn't think that call was correct at the time...

Here is the link to the video replay

A couple of things stand out... first, it was a pretty cheap intentional foul call... Austin King made a play on the ball, so whether that call should have been made is debatable, but, secondly, after the first free throw is awarded, there is no reaction from the IHM bench that there should have been a second one. I know its the officials' job to get the call right, and they didn't, but let this be a lesson to coaches about knowing the rules yourself...

It was not an intentional foul. Should have been given two free throws since it was called intentional and it was not a 5 second violation. That whole sequence appeared to be a cluster.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool couldn't agree more!

I would agree that is the best approach, Camp Ernst tried it, but Gray went with 3 guards and hit the shots, Woodland is very talented should be another fun final Saturday.

Anyone know if they played during the season, if they did what was the result?

Gray won. Early in the season. Both have improved. Should be a good game!

Rankin is 5'11" 155

Bromwell is 5'10' 190

I find Rankin's numbers hard to believe. I'm 6'2 and I've been in his vicinity. If he's 5'11 then Highlands Center Alex Starkey must only be 5'8.

Regardless, he and Bromwell have superior size advantages over 90% of NKY middle schoolers not to mention both are strong in the paint.

It was not an intentional foul. Should have been given two free throws since it was called intentional and it was not a 5 second violation. That whole sequence appeared to be a cluster.

The official in question for most of the tournament seemed a bit whistle happy.

On a side note, in last night Gray vs HMS game they called 3 tied balls if the defender simply put his hand on the ball. Quickest tied ball whistles ever. IMO you let it play out a little longer.

Heard 8th grade boys Ockerman lost... 1pt games late foul 2 FT's iced it

Give St. Pius credit, they held off a second half charge by Ockerman and won 33-32. 45 for St. Pius missed two free throws a possession or two before he was fouled with 1.1 seconds left. Really showed some grit draining two after missing those 2 earlier. Nice ball game. Good luck to Ockerman and Conner in the finals Saturday.

I have heard some opine that... I didn't see them play this year, but I know a lot of their players and I am not shocked. Good northern Kentucky basketball bloodlines on that team... Ohmer, Houston, Coleman .... might even surprise Gray....

Bunch of Holy Cross names there, will those boys be heading to play for Coach Carr or down to LA to play for their Alma Matre?

I cant see Woodland handling the size of Gray. Bromwell and Rankin are beasts in the lane and they have a decent enough supporting cast as well as being well coached.

So we have:

6th Girls - Tue @5:00. ? V ?

6th Boys - Wed@5:00 Conner v St Pius

7th Girls - Tue @6:00 Highlands v Conner

7th Boys - Wed@6:00. Gray v Woodland

8th Girls - Tue @7:00 Ockerman v IHM

8th Boys - Wed@7:00. ? V ?

Can someone fill the blanks......