Top Posters In This Topic

So here is a stab for the boys 7th grade...if I miss something let me know:

Tuesday

Woodland? vs Gray

IHM vs Highlands

Wednesday

Conner vs Campbell Co

Camp Ernst vs Turkeyfoot?

My take....Conner vs Campbell Co winner ends up winning this bracket and plays Saturday.

I think the other bracket is tougher...picking Woodland (or Turkeyfoot which ever team won that district) to upset Gray. IHM vs Highlands goes into OT and Birds win setting up a rematch of D4 finals or a 3rd game vs the Colts. The interesting part of a Highlands vs Conner match up would pit 6 boys (3 from Highlands and 3 from Conner) who all play on the same AAU team battle it out for a championship. What a team that would be if they all went to the same school!

Actually 4 Highlands boys Alex Starkey, Austin King, Spencer Macke and Brandon Finn will join Campbell, Ginn and Camp in a couple weeks for the NKY Royals. Throw in Deatherage from Beechwood and Vega from Conner (8th?) as well. They should compete well.

Actually 4 Highlands boys Alex Starkey, Austin King, Spencer Macke and Brandon Finn will join Campbell, Ginn and Camp in a couple weeks for the NKY Royals. Throw in Deatherage from Beechwood and Vega from Conner (8th?) as well. They should compete well.

Who does the big kid from St. Joes Cold Spring play AAU for?

Who does the big kid from St. Joes Cold Spring play AAU for?

He played the winter session with Pangallo's on 27. Not sure if he is on a different team now that that session is over. St. Joe CS doesn't use him the way they should though. Kid has a good shot and grabs boards. Just needs to work on his speed and footwork.

He played the winter session with Pangallo's on 27. Not sure if he is on a different team now that that session is over. St. Joe CS doesn't use him the way they should though. Kid has a good shot and grabs boards. Just needs to work on his speed and footwork.

Not sure how they dont use him effectively. When the Birds played them and beat them he basically got the ball every posession and attacked. The offense seemed to run through him. That was one game obviously but it seemed he was their Cow Bell.

He is a very nice player, would love to have him on my team.

Congrats to the Campbell Co Camels in their rubber Match best of Five series win tonight over Highlands in 7th grade Boys District Finals. 44-35 was the final.

Reid Jolly had a whale of a game for CC taking over for the Camels. He is a quick, assertive guard who loved contact and finishes strong at the RIM. The Camels had foul trouble all Night with their Bigs but the Birds couldnt get enough stops. Down 41-35 with 48 sec left the Birds had an Open look go into the basket and pop out. Tough break as they then had to foul.

Props to Highlands players Alex Starkey and Brandon Finn as they carried the Birds tonight both scoring double digits i believe.

Highlands will play IHM in Regional action, they won the regular season game by 5 if my memory serves me right.

CC will face St. Pius.

Just to follow up on this CC/Highlands District Final.....A parent taped the game and watched... Birds with 24 turnovers. :cry: