Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1st QB taken in the draft will be? Should be?

First QB Selected in 2014 NFL Draft 17 members have voted

  1. 1. First QB Selected in 2014 NFL Draft

    • Teddy Bridgewater
      41%
    • Marcus Mariota
      5%
    • Johnny Manziel
      17%
    • Brett Hundley
      11%
    • Someone else (specify)
      23%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Is anyone still "Tanking for Teddy" or "Missing for Manziel"...3 months ago the only question on the first pick of the draft was who was picking "Teddy Football out of the University of Louisville". He was a lock to be the top pick in the draft.

 

After ten weeks of the season 1) Is Teddy still the first QB taken 2) is a QB taken first in the draft 3) if not Teddy has Marcus Mariota or Johnny Manziel passed Bridgewater on the NFL GM Wish List.

 

Looking at CBS Draft Board he is still Predicted to be the #1 player picked in the draft, will he be when the draft starts?

 

 

 

If your a GM needing a QB who would you draft with the first pick in the draft?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By default I would say Teddy would be the best choice of those in this year's draft. At least from a GM's perspective. Not that he is not good, but no other QB has really challenged him for that spot. Maybe it is just my Oregon prejudice, but I would not draft a QB from there. I like Manziel, personally, but he is high risk. Then again, drafting a QB is always high risk.

Looks like an average year for QBs at best. If I were an NFL GM, I'd look beyond the "big four" and take hard looks at, say, Shaw from S.C. and Franklin from Missouri -- after the first round.

Mariota will have the best NFL career of the three listed.

 

I think McCarron will have the best career of all the QBs drafted this year.

This is the hardest thing to predict in professional sports. The eye test tells me Teddy is the best, but there are a lot of factors to be considered, the most important going to the team that can support his skill set and will work with his strengths. To a real amateur such as myself, the only QB I saw in the last 20 years play in college that I thought was a lock was Matt Ryan, that includes all of those tearing it up now P Manning, Brady, Luck, Newton, etc. I don't know why, but Ryan always seemed to make the great throw at BC whenever I saw him play. I did not see every game, but quite a few.

Jacksonville will have the first pick. All signs are pointing to Bridgewater.

Mariota will have the best NFL career of the three listed.

 

I think McCarron will have the best career of all the QBs drafted this year.

 

I don't see Mariota doing well in the NFL but completely agree on McCarron. I hope he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round so the Bengals would consider taking him. Murry from Georgia is another one I think will do really well in the NFL. I think the Bengals take a QB in the middle rounds this year, so I hope one of those two are there.

I don't see Mariota doing well in the NFL but completely agree on McCarron. I hope he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round so the Bengals would consider taking him. Murry from Georgia is another one I think will do really well in the NFL. I think the Bengals take a QB in the middle rounds this year, so I hope one of those two are there.

 

Agree with the bolded. Will be interesting to see how he turns out though. He has the highest ceiling of all so he has that.

I added Brett Hundley of UCLA to the poll. Lots of people think he may end up being the best QB in this class.

I just don't see Teddy being a succesful NFL QB. He hasn't really impressed me much.

I don't like Johnny footballs attitude but I would rather have him.

Derek Carr is a name skyrocketing up some mock drafts....yes, he's David Carr's younger brother.

  • Author
Jacksonville will have the first pick. All signs are pointing to Bridgewater.

Instead of Tanking for Teddy, maybe Teddy needs to Tank it to avoid being the #1 pick.

I'd take Manziel, outside of his antics he has consistently put up stellar numbers, even against Alabama. Not many QB's can say that.

I'd take Manziel, outside of his antics he has consistently put up stellar numbers, even against Alabama. Not many QB's can say that.

I agree. He actually reminds me a lot of Doug Flutie. The so called experts kept trying to say Flutie couldn't do this or do that but all he did was go out there week after week and complete passes and win.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.