Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1st QB taken in the draft will be? Should be?

First QB Selected in 2014 NFL Draft 17 members have voted

  1. 1. First QB Selected in 2014 NFL Draft

    • Teddy Bridgewater
      41%
    • Marcus Mariota
      5%
    • Johnny Manziel
      17%
    • Brett Hundley
      11%
    • Someone else (specify)
      23%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I added Brett Hundley of UCLA to the poll. Lots of people think he may end up being the best QB in this class.

Count me in.

 

I've thought all along Teddy would be QB1, but I now think Hundley will have that honor.

 

Like someone else mentioned, I like Mariota a lot as well, but think he'll be down the class some.

 

I believe it was Todd McShay recently that said he expected 9 QB's to have 1st round grades.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd take Manziel, outside of his antics he has consistently put up stellar numbers, even against Alabama. Not many QB's can say that.

 

I can take that. If you take Maziel's off the field issues out he could very solid QB.

Derek Carr and AJ are both undervalued. Derek has thrown for 4100 yds. 37 TDs and only 7 INTS this year. I agree with Coach Saban on this one...if I am building my team around any of the college QB's coming out this year, it would be AJ. All he does is win!

If I am building my team around any of the college QB's coming out this year' date=' it would be AJ. All he does is win![/quote']

 

So did Tim Tebow and Matt Leinart. Look where they are.

I agree. He actually reminds me a lot of Doug Flutie. The so called experts kept trying to say Flutie couldn't do this or do that but all he did was go out there week after week and complete passes and win.

 

I've always said that he is Flutie 2.0. Bigger, stronger arm, more speed, but just as feisty.

So did Tim Tebow and Matt Leinart. Look where they are.

 

and Ken Dorsey.

I agree. He actually reminds me a lot of Doug Flutie. The so called experts kept trying to say Flutie couldn't do this or do that but all he did was go out there week after week and complete passes and win.

 

I've always said that he is Flutie 2.0. Bigger, stronger arm, more speed, but just as feisty.

 

The one worry I have about Manziel is mentally. We all seen the party scenes and stuff this year after winning the Heisman, so what kind of stuff could he possibly get into when he has millions of dollars at his disposal? He has so much natual talent, but in the NFL there is a big mental part and committment that goes with it. Ryan Leaf also had all of the talent in the world, but once he got paid he got himself into bad things and had no work ethic to handle the grind of the NFL.

 

Not saying that will happen to Manziel, but that is the only worry I have about him.

The one worry I have about Manziel is mentally. We all seen the party scenes and stuff this year after winning the Heisman, so what kind of stuff could he possibly get into when he has millions of dollars at his disposal? He has so much natual talent, but in the NFL there is a big mental part and committment that goes with it. Ryan Leaf also had all of the talent in the world, but once he got paid he got himself into bad things and had no work ethic to handle the grind of the NFL.

 

Not saying that will happen to Manziel, but that is the only worry I have about him.

I don't think the money will change him much, his family is loaded. That is the main reason last off season you saw him everywhere. he isn't wanting for anything.

Blake Bortles from UCF should be the first pick. He's got a big arm and can make all the throws.

Blake Bortles from UCF should be the first pick. He's got a big arm and can make all the throws.

 

I agree!

I've always said that he is Flutie 2.0. Bigger, stronger arm, more speed, but just as feisty.

 

I've heard some commentators compare him to Fran Tarkenton as well.

Blake Bortles from UCF should be the first pick. He's got a big arm and can make all the throws.

 

I agree!

 

He's well on his way to being a big time NFL prospect, got the body for it. But I don't think he's there just yet.

You guys can have the run around/scramble guys. The NFL is cyclical and a good pocket passer will always be needed, that's why I'll take Bortles. Put him in Cincy with those big receivers and tight ends and he could do some big things.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.