October 28, 201312 yr Such a great guy who's heart is in the right place. I never said he was a great guy. I said he isn't openly racist and that his agenda doesn't include looking out for white people.
October 28, 201312 yr Such a great guy who's heart is in the right place. Yes. His heart is in the right place. Those videos validate that.
October 28, 201312 yr Are they racist? Maybe, maybe not. But more so they are race husslers, which to me is equally or more sickening.
October 29, 201312 yr Yes. His heart is in the right place. Those videos validate that. Not picking on you, just an observation........The root of most problems concerning liberalism. Why is it that the failures of liberal policies/actions are swept under the rug because someone's heart is in the right place?
October 29, 201312 yr Al Sharpton lost any credibility he had with the whole Tawana Brawley fiasco. That whole series of events proves that Sharpton is less concerned with facts then he is in pushing his own agenda. This!
October 29, 201312 yr Not picking on you, just an observation........The root of most problems concerning liberalism. Why is it that the failures of liberal policies/actions are swept under the rug because someone's heart is in the right place? Just guessing, I am assuming that the perception that no harm was meant even though harm may have been caused is easier to excuse sometimes.
October 29, 201312 yr Just guessing, I am assuming that the perception that no harm was meant even though harm may have been caused is easier to excuse sometimes. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
October 29, 201312 yr The road to hell is paved with good intentions. :lol: I never said they were angels or should be canonized. :lol:
October 29, 201312 yr Author :lol: I never said they were angels or should be canonized. :lol: :laugh:
October 29, 201312 yr :lol: I never said they were angels or should be canonized. :lol: My guess is that Al and Jesse do care about the well being of black people but they also care about the nice perks being high profile civil rights leaders has given them. My question is to anyone who agrees with Al or Jesse or atleast tolerates them, in some ways don't you feel they may hinder the Civil Rights Movement and the overall goal of eliminating racial discord or atleast decreasing it to a point where it no longer draws much interest more than they help the goal? I kinda look at it similar to the Pro Life Movement. I have often stated that the greatest antagonists to the Pro Life Movement are some of their own members. Numerous times some of the comments made by Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell about abortion, women who have had abortion or Pro Choice people would just make me shake my head as I know such comments just made everyone in the Pro Life Movement look like a bunch of extremists and kills the movement in the court of public opinion which ultimately can affect voters. I think the Pro Life Movement has done a better job controlling the fringe members but here and there a fresh new comment will come out. I sort of think Al and Jesse sometimes can be the same problems, blowing off outlandish comments which stoke the flames of racism rather than leading to racial harmony.
October 29, 201312 yr ... My question is to anyone who agrees with Al or Jesse or at least tolerates them, in some ways don't you feel they may hinder the Civil Rights Movement ...? Sharpton, Jackson, Hannity, Limbaugh are all well-paid Defenders of the Faith. They're political entertainers. Period. The whole premise of this thread is dumb. Not much going on this week, so let's haul out the Al and Jesse tackling dummies ... slap 'em around a little bit ... resurrect the Tawana Brawley story (now 26 years old ... yawn) ... and then castigate Al and Jesse for not sharing your outrage over a black-on-white crime. This is one of the dumbest political threads I've seen on BGP in a while. Maybe next week you boys can haul out the Teddy Kennedy tackling dummy.
October 29, 201312 yr Sharpton, Jackson, Hannity, Limbaugh are all well-paid Defenders of the Faith. They're political entertainers. Period. The whole premise of this thread is dumb. Not much going on this week, so let's haul out the Al and Jesse tackling dummies ... slap 'em around a little bit ... resurrect the Tawana Brawley story (now 26 years old ... yawn) ... and then castigate Al and Jesse for not sharing your outrage over a black-on-white crime. This is one of the dumbest political threads I've seen on BGP in a while. Maybe next week you boys can haul out the Teddy Kennedy tackling dummy. And yet you saw fit to chime in. Bless your heart.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.