October 28, 201312 yr Al Sharpton lost any credibility he had with the whole Tawana Brawley fiasco. That whole series of events proves that Sharpton is less concerned with facts then he is in pushing his own agenda.
October 28, 201312 yr For the record, I am asking for folks to tell me how they really feel about Jesse and Al. I don't agree with some of their tactics and some of the things they have said in the past but they were a needed and essential voice for black people at one time. While I am not sure their representation is as necessary today as it was in their heyday I will say that they have served their cause pretty well. I don't need either of them to speak for me but I understand why the people that do love Jesse and Al love them so much. I don't think they are as bad as people make them out to be. I think they are victims of telling people(white people) what they don't want to hear.Yankel Rosenbaum might not agree.
October 28, 201312 yr Al Sharpton lost any credibility he had with the whole Tawana Brawley fiasco. That whole series of events proves that Sharpton is less concerned with facts then he is in pushing his own agenda. He lost some credibility but his heart was in the right place. He was duped like everyone else was. He should have been more informed before jumping into that situation.
October 28, 201312 yr My opinion? Jesse and Al are shake down artists who are all about what will make them the most money, period. I think the welfare of the black community takes second place to that always. What is their net worth and how do they make their money?
October 28, 201312 yr What is their net worth and how do they make their money? Rev Jackson is around $10,000,000 Primarily earned as a civil rights activist Rev Sharpton is around $5,000,000 Primarily earned as a civil rights activist and as host of his own talk show
October 28, 201312 yr Rev Jackson is around $10,000,000 Primarily earned as a civil rights activist Rev Sharpton is around $5,000,000 Primarily earned as a civil rights activist and as host of his own talk show I always have wondered. Thank you Sir. :thumb:
October 28, 201312 yr He lost some credibility but his heart was in the right place. He was duped like everyone else was. He should have been more informed before jumping into that situation. He still won't call it a hoax. He has no credibility. LINK
October 28, 201312 yr And if "his heart's in the right place" how come he won't help her pay the $400K judgement against her for the hoax like benefactors did for him? LINK That court ruled in Pagones’ favor. Mason was ordered to pay $188,000; Maddox had to pay $97,000; Sharpton, who led the race baiting, got off relatively easy. He only had to pay $66,000, part of which was paid by attorney Johnnie Cochran and other “benefactors,” according to The New York Post.
October 28, 201312 yr Author But they aren't openly racist. They are openly single minded advocates for black people but they aren't racist. You're confusing their over zealousness in some cases as racism. Reverend Wright is/was way more openly racist than Jesse and Al combined. I'm open to evidence that prove Jesse and Al to be openly racist. There are white Jesses and Als. They just aren't as open as Jesse and Al with their agendas. Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity come to mind. Bill O'Reilly is another and in some cases he is worse than Rush and Sean but to me all 3 are equivalent to Jesse and Al. What Bill O'Reilly did to Ludacris also comes to mind. I would agree with this. I agree Racist may not have been the right term to describe them, but if there was a white person constantly fanning the flames of race as those two do he would be called a Racist. If someone was a single minded advocated for whites they would be called a racist, by the media and society. I think where many get upset is that anytime there is a white on black crime it automatically must be because the white man was a racist, when in fact he may just be a thug criminal not necessarily a racist. But when there is black on white crime rarely does race take front stage in reporting and even less so when prosecuting the case. I can't really speak on Rush, Hannity or O'Reilly have seen or heard an hours worth of their programming in last 7-8 years. I would also agree with this too. Yeah, when I moved the posts in here they put them in here by time so I started the thread but your post is the first one. :thumb: I was wondering how this happened. There are many more issues in black America that Jesse and Al should use there panache, celebrity, influence and pulpit to work to influence. Your right they do pick and chose their cases for national publicity. I think they have a great opportunity in this area. However would they be labeled "Uncle Tom's" if they did? I know the Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson has been (labeled an Uncle Tom). My opinion? Jesse and Al are shake down artists who are all about what will make them the most money, period. I think the welfare of the black community takes second place to that always. IMO, that's the perception most (white people) see. Al Sharpton lost any credibility he had with the whole Tawana Brawley fiasco. That whole series of events proves that Sharpton is less concerned with facts then he is in pushing his own agenda. Definitely a sad situation.
October 28, 201312 yr He still won't call it a hoax. He has no credibility. LINK I saw him saying he would act the same way if the same thing happened again. He never said it wasn't a hoax. He said he did what he felt was the right thing to do and said he'd do it again.
October 28, 201312 yr And if "his heart's in the right place" how come he won't help her pay the $400K judgement against her for the hoax like benefactors did for him? LINK I wouldn't help her pay it either. She duped everybody. Even Bill Cosby came to her defense. Cosby has more money than Al. Why won't he help her pay it?
October 28, 201312 yr But they aren't openly racist. They are openly single minded advocates for black people but they aren't racist. You're confusing their over zealousness in some cases as racism. Reverend Wright is/was way more openly racist than Jesse and Al combined. I'm open to evidence that prove Jesse and Al to be openly racist. There are white Jesses and Als. They just aren't as open as Jesse and Al with their agendas. Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity come to mind. Bill O'Reilly is another and in some cases he is worse than Rush and Sean but to me all 3 are equivalent to Jesse and Al. What Bill O'Reilly did to Ludacris also comes to mind. Al Sharpton: A Lucrative Career Built on Hate and Racial Conflagration Bill 'O Reilly has never done anything near as vile and hateful as AL. O'Reilly is an old white guy who doesn't like or respect Hip Hop.
October 28, 201312 yr He lost some credibility but his heart was in the right place. He was duped like everyone else was. He should have been more informed before jumping into that situation. Heart in the right place? He lied and caused the deaths of innocent people.
October 28, 201312 yr Heart in the right place? He lied and caused the deaths of innocent people. The Yankel Rosenbaum story is disturbing. That is more disturbing to me than anything else he has done. Pretty intriguing he has been allowed to stick around after that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.