Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 42 Highlands 0 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

I assume this has been addressed in another thread but considering the score we need to hear it again. What is going on with the Highlands Frosh team? There definitely has to be something going on.
They lost. Do you question every frosh team that looses what is going on?
  • Replies 80
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume this has been addressed in another thread but considering the score we need to hear it again. What is going on with the Highlands Frosh team? There definitely has to be something going on.

 

Nothing going on, just this class is not really that talented athletically. It's been the case in most sports throughout middle school etc. C'mon Guru, this has been the story in several threads of the past, try to catch up Lol!

They lost. Do you question every frosh team that looses what is going on?

 

Baloney!

 

And your response furthers my suspicion there is something larger at work.

 

How about this, how many kids have left/been suspended/no longer play for the Highlands Frosh team started the year with the team?

They lost. Do you question every frosh team that looses what is going on?

 

Seriously, that's your response? They lost by 42 points. I would say the question is legtimate.

Nothing going on, just this class is not really that talented athletically. It's been the case in most sports throughout middle school etc. C'mon Guru, this has been the story in several threads of the past, try to catch up Lol!

 

I am sure the version the Highlands powers that be wanted us to all hear has been the story in several threads.

Come on, Seriously? Don't know what is going on. You know I don't have a dog in the fight. However, you seem to really want to pounce like many when Highlands frosh have a questionable year. So what has been going on at Ryle the last few years? I remember the days when from frosh on they counted on one RB and we all know how that turned out. Great kid . Had a lot of preasure.

Just a sample of what is comming up for Ryle. 2011 Freshman team went 6-3 beating champion Dixie final game of season. (Juniors now) 2012 Freshman is runners up in Championship game. 2013 Freshman are favored to win it all. J.V. this year has beat Sycamore, Conner,Scott County, Boone. Ladies and gentleman this team is rising up.

Just a sample of what is comming up for Ryle. 2011 Freshman team went 6-3 beating champion Dixie final game of season. (Juniors now) 2012 Freshman is runners up in Championship game. 2013 Freshman are favored to win it all. J.V. this year has beat Sycamore, Conner,Scott County, Boone. Ladies and gentleman this team is rising up.

 

When does that start showing up in varsity games?

When does that start showing up in varsity games?

 

:laugh: It's funny, but legit question.

I am sure the version the Highlands powers that be wanted us to all hear has been the story in several threads.

 

SCITS!!! Nothing more and nothing less

When does that start showing up in varsity games?

 

I am glad you are excited on see the results from playing mostly Juniors, and Sophmores on varsity. As you can see from Freshamn and J.V results that Rlye has some players that will make a difference in the coming years. The question you should be asking, since you are the Voice of reason, which means you study all sides of any conflict,problems, sucess, failure, and adversity and make a reasonable conclusion. Is what are the other teams going to do to stop Ryle in the future.

I am glad you are excited on see the results from playing mostly Juniors' date=' and Sophmores on varsity. As you can see from Freshamn and J.V results that Rlye has some players that will make a difference in the coming years. The question you should be asking, since you are the Voice of reason, which means you study all sides of any conflict,problems, sucess, failure, and adversity and make a reasonable conclusion. Is what are the other teams going to do to stop Ryle in the future.[/quote']

 

At the freshman level or varsity? If you're talking varsity I would think that unlike Ryle most varsity programs are still worried about this season and how it plays out.

Baloney!

 

And your response furthers my suspicion there is something larger at work.

 

How about this, how many kids have left/been suspended/no longer play for the Highlands Frosh team started the year with the team?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no big problem going on with the frosh. Just a less talented (at this point) group of kids. To me anyway, success at the frosh level doesn't mean much. Never has, which is why I've never been wrapped up the way some have in Ws and Ls at the frosh level. It generally indicates what team has some really athletic skilled players. What you see out of the linemen is not much. If you have some big O linemen that can lean on people and at least get in the way of the D and you have athletic skilled players, you win. It's that simple. You don't see good technique out of frosh O linemen (or at least I haven't, from any frosh team of any school). Line play at the frosh level is just brute play. In years past, Highlands has had the big, pudgy frosh O linemen needed for that style of play. After a couple of years in the system, they became the smaller, quick, agile O linemen Highlands is known for. But this year's frosh O line at Highlands is small; much smaller than the frosh O line I'm used to seeing. For that to work at the frosh level, they'd have to have the technique and coaching that takes a couple of years to teach. And of course, they haven't received that yet. Result: a less than successful O at the frosh level at Highlands this year. I've only been able to see one frosh game this year. But while the frosh O line didn't block well at all in that game, I liked what I saw. I have a feeling that, if those kids buy into the off season programs and listen to Coach Turner, by the time those kids become juniors some of them will become very good Highlands O linemen. This class is going to be just fine; more than just fine actually, by the time they are juniors and seniors.
To the best of my knowledge, there is no big problem going on with the frosh. Just a less talented (at this point) group of kids. To me anyway, success at the frosh level doesn't mean much. Never has, which is why I've never been wrapped up the way some have in Ws and Ls at the frosh level. It generally indicates what team has some really athletic skilled players. What you see out of the linemen is not much. If you have some big O linemen that can lean on people and at least get in the way of the D and you have athletic skilled players, you win. It's that simple. You don't see good technique out of frosh O linemen (or at least I haven't, from any frosh team of any school). Line play at the frosh level is just brute play. In years past, Highlands has had the big, pudgy frosh O linemen needed for that style of play. After a couple of years in the system, they became the smaller, quick, agile O linemen Highlands is known for. But this year's frosh O line at Highlands is small; much smaller than the frosh O line I'm used to seeing. For that to work at the frosh level, they'd have to have the technique and coaching that takes a couple of years to teach. And of course, they haven't received that yet. Result: a less than successful O at the frosh level at Highlands this year. I've only been able to see one frosh game this year. But while the frosh O line didn't block well at all in that game, I liked what I saw. I have a feeling that, if those kids buy into the off season programs and listen to Coach Turner, by the time those kids become juniors some of them will become very good Highlands O linemen. This class is going to be just fine; more than just fine actually, by the time they are juniors and seniors.

 

They are not receiving coaching throughout the FTJFL? I thought most Highlands frosh teams were ready for action because of this league. What everyone fails to mention, Is that Highlands first possession started off with two fumbles and two false start penalties that led to a 4 and 39. Then proceeded to have several more false starts and mistakes throughout the game. Not that good or not that disciplined?

 

Nothing going on, just this class is not really that talented athletically. It's been the case in most sports throughout middle school etc. C'mon Guru, this has been the story in several threads of the past, try to catch up Lol!

 

This is true to a point! I would venture many of us would agree; however there is more at work here! I have played and been involved with football a long time I would expect to see better results. How come we hear wait until next year from every single class. I saw an undisciplined group that lacked some fundamentals. You can read what you want but some accountability should be in place.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.