Elder in 3 weeks

I watched the Elder/St. Xavier game and was very impressed with the Panthers. They can burn you a number of different ways on offense with Schroer running, Ramsey keepin', or Ramsey passing. They chew lot's of clock with their offense too. I know Holmes is next week but.... Consider this a preview. Can the Birds contain Schroer? If not, the Panthers will control the time of possession and wear out the defense. Can the defense get to Ramsey? X had a difficult time getting to him and when they did, he ran around them. Can the line protect Houliston when he does see the field? The answer to these questions will determine the outcome.

I watched the Elder/St. Xavier game and was very impressed with the Panthers. They can burn you a number of different ways on offense with Schroer running' date=' Ramsey keepin', or Ramsey passing. They chew lot's of clock with their offense too. I know Holmes is next week but.... Consider this a preview. Can the Birds contain Schroer? If not, the Panthers will control the time of possession and wear out the defense. Can the defense get to Ramsey? X had a difficult time getting to him and when they did, he ran around them. Can the line protect Houliston when he does see the field? The answer to these questions will determine the outcome.[/quote']

This game has been on my mind too.

If the Birds lose a game this year, this will be the one.

Perhaps the best Coaching Job in Ramsey's tenure. Even the most ardent Elder fan was thinking that a 5-5 or 6-4 record would be considered a success.

Having said that they are 5 -1 and 3 of the 4 teams they play are undefeated (Moeller, Winton Woods and Highlands) The fourth being a very capable La Salle team. So it's not out of the realm that 6-4 is still possible, but so is 9 -1.

I think the Elder vs HHS will be a great game to watch, two contrasting styles at the Pit in late October.

Ask that question again after this weekend. Moeller visits the Pit to play Elder this Friday. Watch that game closely. Was at the Moeller/LaSalle game on Saturday (which Moe won 31-28). Back and forth. GCL football is a different class than what we usually see in KY. HHS will have their hands full. The Pit is not a fun place if you are the visitor (same can be said for those who visit Memorial Stadium).

Elder will not pass nor will they get outside on Highlands.

And why would they...Ramsey tried both last yr and almost lost to the Birds. He quickly figured out the way to attack the Birds D and that was up the middle with Shroyer.

This game will be Elder 3yds and a cloud and of dust and burn the clock and Highlands run and gun and score quickly..JMO

Elder will not pass nor will they get outside on Highlands.

And why would they...Ramsey tried both last yr and almost lost to the Birds. He quickly figured out the way to attack the Birds D and that was up the middle with Shroyer.

This game will be Elder 3yds and a cloud and of dust and burn the clock and Highlands run and gun and score quickly..JMO

While I agree Elder will go to power football, don't discount their passing game this year. Ramsey's son is a dual threat QB. Something that I think could give HHS problems. A QB that can run and throw along with a Power running game will be a very formidible mix for the Birds.

Also remember they play Winton Woods before they play Highlands, so they will not be shell shocked by the speed aspect of the game.

I think this will be a very fun game to watch.

Elder has an absolute gauntlet of schedule left. I wouldn't wish it on anyone in KY. Let's see if they are completely healthy for Highlands. Highlands will come in on senior night, I think Elder will play very physical smash mouth both ways.

The smash mouth reference from a highlands supporter.. What's the world coming to