Elder in 3 weeks

While I agree Elder will go to power football, don't discount their passing game this year. Ramsey's son is a dual threat QB. Something that I think could give HHS problems. A QB that can run and throw along with a Power running game will be a very formidible mix for the Birds.

Also remember they play Winton Woods before they play Highlands, so they will not be shell shocked by the speed aspect of the game.

I think this will be a very fun game to watch.

Agree 100%. X stacked the box and Ramsey made them pay dearly with an excellent passing attack. A lot of screens/slants for 5 here 5 there. When the pass wasn't there, he tucked it and ran for 10. Birds will have to hope for Elder to get some penalties/ 3rd and long situations. I also agree with QRyche, ultimately this game will be won in the trenches. Whoever wins this battle, wins the game. Elder's D line is huge and they protect Ramsey very well.

Elder will not pass nor will they get outside on Highlands.

And why would they...Ramsey tried both last yr and almost lost to the Birds. He quickly figured out the way to attack the Birds D and that was up the middle with Shroyer.

This game will be Elder 3yds and a cloud and of dust and burn the clock and Highlands run and gun and score quickly..JMO

And what happens if the Birds O line is unable to stifle the pass rush?

Winton Woods is blazing fast. They play Loveland this week, prob the best game in the tri state area.

And Elder will do the same with WW, they will put Shroyer in the Wildcat and run it down their throats until someone stops them. GCL football in a nutshell.

And dont tell me that Ramsey is going to throw down field or try and get the corners, not going to happen with WW or Highlands. JMO but then again I have been wrong once before. :thumb:

The worst thing for Highlands is what you stated about WW speed, this helps Elder get ready for Highlands speed as well. The second worst thing that could happen for Highlands is for Elder to get beat by WW. That would not be good for my Birds...

I just dont believe Elder will be able to stop Dales Offense and the Defense will just have to hold Elder to a point less.

I still say this will come down to special teams play:thumb:

And what happens if the Birds O line is unable to stifle the pass rush?

Idk, you have seen Highlands enough already this yr to know that they can do multiple things on Offense.

Even a program like Elder will have a difficult task in containing the entire Highlands arsenal. Just too many weapons imo.

The Highlands game along with Elders game with WW are not good matchups for Elder personnel

imo. If WW exploits some Elder weaknesses you can bet Dale will cash in on that. Highlands and WW are very similar type teams imo. Lots of athletes, speed that the GCL doesnt see every week, sprinkle in some Bigs and these are dangerous type teams for teams like Elder to prepare for. JMO