Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Football

Who is Mr. Football at the halfway point 42 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is Mr. Football at the halfway point

    • Nacarius Fant
      30%
    • Drew Barker
      30%
    • Matt Elam
      4%
    • Reggie Bonnafon
      0%
      0
    • Other(please specify)
      16%
    • Charles Walker
      7%
    • Drew Houliston
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Through 5 games, who does everyone feel has the lead? Is anyone leading? Is fant the front runner? Is walker the front runner? Daniels? Barker?

We've talked about the criteria for Mr. Football but its eluding my mind. Do they take in just this year or past years? Competition level, does it really matter?

Edited by JokersWild24

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, there's no clear-cut front runner, but it's definitely going to help Barker that he's a UK commit. It always does for the selection of Mr. football. Case in point being James Quick leaving UK on his list until he won it, then cutting them immediately after.

It's tough to say because not all schools turn in stats to khsaa.

I'm a stats guy. I see there is a RB from Bullit Central averaging over 300 yards a game rushing so far and 12 TD's, is he in the conversation?

Houliston for Highlands already has 18 TD's and only 1 INT and over 1200 yards passing after just 4 games.

Fant after 3 games is averaging 133 yards in receiving a game.

 

 

It's tough to really name someone this early when you don't have their stats so you don't know what they've done thus far.

  • Author
It's tough to say because not all schools turn in stats to khsaa.

I'm a stats guy. I see there is a RB from Bullit Central averaging over 300 yards a game rushing so far and 12 TD's, is he in the conversation?

Houliston for Highlands already has 18 TD's and only 1 INT and over 1200 yards passing after just 4 games.

Fant after 3 games is averaging 133 yards in receiving a game.

 

 

It's tough to really name someone this early when you don't have their stats so you don't know what they've done thus far.

 

So Mr. Football is won off khsaa stats? Only asking, because I don't know.

Edited by JokersWild24

I've heard more about Fant than anyone else. Today, 9-24-13, I feel like Mr. Football will be won at the 5A state championship game.

A month ago I felt like it was Barker's to lose. I still lean Barker but Fant's numbers and his legend is only rising at this point. I think it is between those two.

So mr. Football is won off khsaa stats? Only asking, because I don't know.

No but it is a consideration when you can't see all these guys play. Being well known is the #1 factor in Kentucky however.

Mr.Football is voted on by the media. The media are regional entities who will not see everyone play.

 

A. Being well known before the season starts is a good thing.

B. Getting covered during this season is a good thing.

C. Putting up big numbers is a good thing.

and last but certainly not least

D. Being recruited by U.K. is a good thing.

So mr. Football is won off khsaa stats? Only asking, because I don't know.

No. But I can't say who should be Me Football without knowing how they've done.

Mr.Football is voted on by the media. The media are regional entities who will not see everyone play.

 

A. Being well known before the season starts is a good thing.

B. Getting covered during this season is a good thing.

C. Putting up big numbers is a good thing.

and last but certainly not least

D. Being recruited by U.K. is a good thing.

 

I think just being recruited by a Division I school is the most important thing. People get consumed with the UK angle, but that is more about not having but two viable in-state opportunities to play Division I football.

What about the QB from Caldwell----Sandefur (sp)? How is he doing? What about Drew Barker?

What about the QB from Caldwell----Sandefur (sp)? How is he doing?

 

Great, but he is a Junior.

I could be 100% wrong, but if Drew Barker doesn't win this I would be shocked. He doesn't play for the best team, but he is KY's highest rated high school player (I suppose he could be 2nd to Elam), playing the most important position on the field, and like others have said committing to UK (and doing it early) never hurts. I also think he has a very good public image in the state, given the vocal way he has set out to recruit other kids to KY.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.