Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green 40 McCallie (TN) 36

Featured Replies

Enjoyed watching this one, thanks to PP92 for posting the link

Big congrats to my favorite Purple family the PurpleHazes!

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Enjoyed watching this one, thanks to PP92 for posting the link

Big congrats to my favorite Purple family the PurpleHazes!

 

No problem. :thumb:

He needs to be tweeting to the soccer team and give some of those boys a tryout or something. :D There has to be at least one kid with a solid foot in those hallways. Has to be. And there has to be a way to make the long snapper better. Has to be. Biggest weaknesses.

 

It likely won't stop them for winning state though.

 

What kid wouldn't want to be remembered as the guy that saved Bowling Green's 2013 season by solving their punting problems, and leading them(yes the punter) to an undefeated team and another state championship.

  • Author

I'd love to know how many yards Blue Tisdale had on the ground. He's a beast.

Give me a gallon of brightly colored purple juice. Just realized that Bowl Green Purples can be designated as BGP. Dallas may be America's team but Purps are BGP's team. Congrats on a great win in what sounds like a super game!

Went to the game tonight! Such an exciting Game! What a "high school" campus!

 

My 2 cents:

 

1. Let's start bad - BG's special teams were sub- JV tonight. Gave up at least 18 points at inopportune times. I just don't see the committment to special teams. X and McCallie warm up their kickers before game and at half time. Not BG. Why? I just don't think the committment is there. Don't deserve to be nationally ranked with that special teams.

2. This team is special - yes I drink the cool aid, but few teams get punched in the mouth and down 31 - 19 in 3Q and still find a way to win. More reality sits in next year, but BG fans will talk of this team for long time.

3. Blackman, TN - BG will have to play their best game to beat them.

4. Hayes, Fant and Tisdale over 750 yards tonight combined. Nice days work!

 

Great Game! Go Purples!

I am so glad BG is having the success they are having! Feels good to have a dominant power house in the south side of the state!!! Yes I said the SOUTH!!! Blackman will be tough, but I expect to see the freshman in against the Trojans of Barren. If they contain #3 and pressure the QB they will destroy them. He is not a very good pressure QB but give him a little time and he will find #3.

 

Hope a friend of mine son gets in friday...Go Purples, and way to represent Southern Kentucky!!!!

  • Author
I am so glad BG is having the success they are having! Feels good to have a dominant power house in the south side of the state!!! Yes I said the SOUTH!!! Blackman will be tough, but I expect to see the freshman in against the Trojans of Barren. If they contain #3 and pressure the QB they will destroy them. He is not a very good pressure QB but give him a little time and he will find #3.

 

Hope a friend of mine son gets in friday...Go Purples, and way to represent Southern Kentucky!!!!

 

It's so refreshing to see Bowling Green recognized geographically like they should be. :D

 

SouthCentral Kentucky. :thumb:

  • Author

I believe Blue Tisdale had 31 carries for 199 yards.

Wow! Sounds like a great game. Congrats to BG. Can they make it to 51? Hey PP92, anyway you can set up a game next year with Boyle and BG, say game 6 of season.

  • Author
Wow! Sounds like a great game. Congrats to BG. Can they make it to 51? Hey PP92, anyway you can set up a game next year with Boyle and BG, say game 6 of season.

 

I don't think I have any kind of pull at Boyle but if BG finishes the season undefeated I may have to at least try and see what could happen.

PP92, what kind of recruiting attention is Fant getting?

  • Author
PP92, what kind of recruiting attention is Fant getting?

 

He's committed to WKU. He attended a few camps and I believe took unofficial visits to UL, UK and I believe Ohio State as well but none of those schools ever offered him a scholarship. He committed to WKU late summer I believe and did so with little fanfare or notice. He kind of snuck it in on everyone. Hopefully he'll get a chance to play for Petrino for a year or two before Petrino leaves. I think Fant has 'game speed' and his vertical makes him seem taller than what he is. I don't think his measurables scream, "look at me" and I think that could be part of the reason that he never secured an offer from UK or UL. I think he is easily one of the top 3 players to ever play at Bowling Green.

He's committed to WKU. He attended a few camps and I believe took unofficial visits to UL, UK and I believe Ohio State as well but none of those schools ever offered him a scholarship. He committed to WKU late summer I believe and did so with little fanfare or notice. He kind of snuck it in on everyone. Hopefully he'll get a chance to play for Petrino for a year or two before Petrino leaves. I think Fant has 'game speed' and his vertical makes him seem taller than what he is. I don't think his measurables scream, "look at me" and I think that could be part of the reason that he never secured an offer from UK or UL. I think he is easily one of the top 3 players to ever play at Bowling Green.

 

Fant is the one person we John Hardin folks fear when we play them. Kid can play.

  • Author
Fant is the one person we John Hardin folks fear when we play them. Kid can play.

 

I truly enjoy watching him play in person. He always seems to make one unbelievable catch a game and he always seems to have one catch where it seems like he jumps off of a trampoline to catch the ball. Blows me away.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.