Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andy Dalton, the big season

Featured Replies

This is a huge season for Dalton, he either progresses or he holds the team back. Which will it be?

 

Well after ther first week I gave Dalton an A+

He played better than he ever has in his 3 years.

 

By the halftime of week 2 he has not only digressed from last week but has looked the absolute worst he's ever looked in the NFL, I give him a F- so far this game.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he is the long term solution. Too small, slow and a weak arm..

  • Author
I don't think he is the long term solution. Too small, slow and a weak arm..

I agree. He reminds me a lot of Trent Dilfer. Hopefully he can manage them good enough to get a ring before his replacement.

I was at the game and no doubt he looked pretty bad early missing some wide open throws. However his demeanor just looked better this game, in the past in big games like against the Steelers or the playoffs he kind of looked shell shocked. Today he didn't look shell shocked at all, he seemed very confident to me but a little to pumped up to play which QB's can't do either. The ball was coming out of his hand with a lot of zip early and off target. However just the way he looked with his demeanor today looked much better, and he did do much better after a bad start. Plus even with the bad start I think this still ended up being his best game ever against the Steelers. He still has to get better, but I did like that he his body language seemed much better today and not like nervous in the past in big games.

I saw kids at the Elite 11 this year that had better accuracy. Just sayin..........

I saw kids at the Elite 11 this year that had better accuracy. Just sayin..........

 

True but those kids were not facing the Steelers defense, and having a rush come at them. Go watch Bengals practice, Dalton looks great in 7 on 7. As I said it looked to me at least like he was a little to pumped up tonight and was putting a little extra on his throws early and made his throws way off target. It was pretty bad early I must admit haha.

I just saw some of the first half throws by Dalton and I must say they definitely did look worst on tv, than live in person. I mean it looked bad in person, but I definitely see what some of you all were talking about on some of those throws now that I seen them on tv. They were even more off than I thought, wow! Definitely has to fix that, because the team showed he has plenty of weapons this year.

Not his best game by far, but an "F" Hellbird? He protected the ball and played a clean game, I will take that with this defense and running game. He has a big enough arm, but is not accurate on deep throws. He is accurate on short and inetermediate routes and has one of the quickest releases in the NFL,. Quarterback is not the problem in my opinion. Play calling and have him throw the ball 45 times is a problem when you are controlling a game. The running game was working. They should have done more of that early. I'd give him a C+ tonight.

I don't think he is the long term solution. Too small, slow and a weak arm..

 

I'll second that. You see too much of a ceiling and too many limits on what he can do effectively.

 

With that said, he's as good as they have now though.

  • Author
Not his best game by far, but an "F" Hellbird? He protected the ball and played a clean game, I will take that with this defense and running game. He has a big enough arm, but is not accurate on deep throws. He is accurate on short and inetermediate routes and has one of the quickest releases in the NFL,. Quarterback is not the problem in my opinion. Play calling and have him throw the ball 45 times is a problem when you are controlling a game. The running game was working. They should have done more of that early. I'd give him a C+ tonight.

The F- was halftime score, he worked his way up to a D

 

The good and the bad of last nights performance for Dalton was, it was his highest QB Rating vs the steelers (that is the good) the bad is his rating was 39, that is awful.

  • Author
I saw kids at the Elite 11 this year that had better accuracy. Just sayin..........

And those were the ball boys.

The F- was halftime score, he worked his way up to a D

 

The good and the bad of last nights performance for Dalton was, it was his highest QB Rating vs the steelers (that is the good) the bad is his rating was 39, that is awful.

 

No doubt a poor first half. His passer rating the 2nd half was 122, according to Reedy in his blog. 30 passes 1st half vs. 15 2nd half. 30-35 passes a game is what he should get, unless they are behind by two scores. Regardless, he has to play better and be more consistent.

I saw kids at the Elite 11 this year that had better accuracy. Just sayin..........

 

Did they also have 6'5", 285-lb monsters who can run 4.6 40's and potentially deliver career-ending blows chasing them as well? That changes things a little.

This is who he is. It isn't good enough to win the SB, in my opinion. The Bengals need to run the ball much more to be effective. Dalton isn't going to win many with just his arm. He needs a balanced attack to keep the defense honest.

This is who he is. It isn't good enough to win the SB, in my opinion. The Bengals need to run the ball much more to be effective. Dalton isn't going to win many with just his arm. He needs a balanced attack to keep the defense honest.

 

Absolutely, They need to give the ball to The Law Firm 25-30 times a game so I can win fantasy, uh, so they can establish the ground game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.