September 18, 201313 yr No, I think people who automatically think because a player plays for the bengals or a coach coaches for the bengals that automatically makes them among the best in the league are the ones who aren't being realistic most of the time. They are also the first ones to say things like, "If the Bengals lose it Hellbird will be celebrating" I like realistic viewpoints, not biased. Well you seemed to have said countless times that I am looking through orange shaded glasses, and you couldn't be more wrong. I have pointed out exact reasons for why the Bengals will be good for the last few years, and those reasons have shown to be true. I am not one who just says the Bengals will be good, and that's it. I give exact reasons for why I think these things, and very realistic reasons that now others from not even around this area are seeing. You may act like your opinion's are more realistic and not bias, and that is not true. Bias does not dictate my opinion, if I did I would be arguing the whole Marvin thing. Which you do a good job backing up your opinions to, but you would be very wrong if you think your opinions are more realistic. I believe we both try to look at things realistically but just look at it in different ways apparently. I have pointed out countless times on why I believe the Bengals will do well, and even say it will come down to Dalton though because I know he is the key and I can't say he will do great because he hasn't shown it. Same goes with Marvin Lewis who has shown for years he is a horrible at game management. You have to realize just because someone doesn't complain about every little thing, doesn't mean they don't see the flaws. You do the exact opposite and complain about most things, but do come back to the exact things on what the keys to the Bengals success is this year that I have mentioned. So me and you actually come to the exact same conclusion on what the keys to success is for this team, we just take different approaches on how we want to look at this team. You have that more negative mindset since you were alive during the good years in the 80's, and seen how Mike brown destroyed all that, which is understandable. I choose to have a more positive mindset about it, and will point out the good when they do things the right way instead of living in the past of all those bad times I knew my whole life. At the very end of the day we took two different approaches to it, but came to similar conclusions about this team. That is why I don't respect when you act like its just being bias and not realistic when people decide to point out positive stuff instead of only negative all the time. Your opinion is no more realistic than mine.
September 18, 201313 yr The defense just last year was ranked #1 in the NFL with most of the same players, except Harrison. Which they replaced him with one of the top rushers in college from last year. Even in the lost against Tennessee the defense still only gave up 220 yards. The defense is still one of the best in the league, and probably will finish in the top 5 again in defense. Its still a very good defense and you will see that as the year goes on. Now the offense for the Steelers is a different story, they are pretty brutal on offense right now. They played a terrible schedule last year. Their adjusted D ranking by the gambling business still had them top 10 though so they were solid. They will slide big time though this year if they can't get their offense going. Tough to keep playing good D when your offense never gets firsts downs.
September 18, 201313 yr Go into the NKY Ranking thread 9-16 thread and see what I said about Scott. Then go into any BG thread and see what I said about BG, then go into the Conner prediction thread and see what I said about Conner then get back to me. I'll even help you out a bit, here is one from today about Scott when Scott was being put down by a fan of higlands You see crash, maybe what I do is something you're not used to as well as many others on here. I'm a realist, I may be wrong sometimes but I go with my head more than my heart. For instance the first game of the HS Football season I predicted Ryle to beat Cooper and got all kind of crap from people associated with Cooper's football program, but I go with my head instead of just going with what I think everyone else wants to hear. I've read plenty of your posts and I am not alone. Okay, so you've made a few positive posts. The majority have a negative connotation. It could be simply how you word things.
September 18, 201313 yr Author I've read plenty of your posts and I am not alone. Okay, so you've made a few positive posts. The majority have a negative connotation. It could be simply how you word things. I can tell you the negative posts I've mad in the high school football forum. 1. was tongue in cheek when talking about Trinity in the BG being #1 thread. Sorry if you don't have a sense of humor 2. I've made negative posts when it comes to coaching staffs being full of dad's coaching i.e Ryle, but in those I was simply relaying information which I was told first hand by people involved directly in that program. I have over 4,000 posts and most of them in the high school football forum, i'd love for you to find 100 posts in there where I have been negative to any team etc. According to you there should be no problem finding just 100 out of 4,000 posts in that forum. You are here claiming, and I quote, "The majority have a negative connotation" so do me a favor while you are trashing me, back up your claims, show me 100 posts in the high school football forum where I've trashed any team that wasn't Cooper as you've said. I'm still waiting.
September 18, 201313 yr I'm not gonna lie, I don't go into the HS forums at all, but of all your posts in the other forums, I can't recall a single one that wasn't incredibly negative about something. :idunno: :lol2: I'll also add, it doesn't bother me in the least, just that your posts do seem to be negative in nature.
September 18, 201313 yr I can tell you the negative posts I've mad in the high school football forum. 1. was tongue in cheek when talking about Trinity in the BG being #1 thread. Sorry if you don't have a sense of humor 2. I've made negative posts when it comes to coaching staffs being full of dad's coaching i.e Ryle, but in those I was simply relaying information which I was told first hand by people involved directly in that program. I have over 4,000 posts and most of them in the high school football forum, i'd love for you to find 100 posts in there where I have been negative to any team etc. According to you there should be no problem finding just 100 out of 4,000 posts in that forum. You are here claiming, and I quote, "The majority have a negative connotation" so do me a favor while you are trashing me, back up your claims, show me 100 posts in the high school football forum where I've trashed any team that wasn't Cooper as you've said. I'm still waiting. As stated, I'm not alone. I bet I would find 20 posts in that football thread alone with negative connotation. And that's not trashing you. It's stating my opinion, that others clearly agree with. I don't need to find anything. And as you stated on day one of that thread, you were joking. However, you clearly weren't joking after days and days of posts. That's fine, you can obviously post what you like. I'm okay with it. Just don't get offended when someone views you as a negative person. You are what you are (or what you post in this case). There are people that may share your opinion on quite a few of your posts but are a bit more tactful when it comes to wording things. I tend to be a glass half full person but again, to each his own.
September 18, 201313 yr This one's a little off track. Agreed. I'm done with that convo. One thing that stinks for a QB, and I said this about Palmer (Chad Johnson seemed to make up his own routes), is that when the receiver runs the wrong route or makes the wrong read on a route, the QB gets hit with the incompletion. That happened a few times Monday. I doubt all of them are on the QB. Although, they could be.
September 18, 201313 yr Author I'm not gonna lie, I don't go into the HS forums at all, but of all your posts in the other forums, I can't recall a single one that wasn't incredibly negative about something. :idunno: :lol2: I'll also add, it doesn't bother me in the least, just that your posts do seem to be negative in nature. I tend to say what is on my mind when I'm passionate about a subject and the Bengals I have been very passionate about for a long long time. That may be the problem others see me as being negative. I have been a fan of the team since I can remember, season ticket holder from 1977-2008 and I admit it has gotten to me when I see the team getting so close (as they were in 2005) and then taking steps backwards everytime they get so close to finally turning the page. I also at the same time praise the good things I see with them, it may seem always negative because I tend to talk about the negative aspects of the team more than the positives. I've personally been involved with the organization and believe it or not am probably one of their biggest fans. I want what my dad never got, he wished he could see them win a SB before he died, never happened, maybe I'm the same way. If i had 1 sport wish it would be to see the Bengals win the SB.
September 18, 201313 yr Agreed. I'm done with that convo. One thing that stinks for a QB, and I said this about Palmer (Chad Johnson seemed to make up his own routes), is that when the receiver runs the wrong route or makes the wrong read on a route, the QB gets hit with the incompletion. That happened a few times Monday. I doubt all of them are on the QB. Although, they could be. Agreed, and I don't think passes that are deflected at the line or tipped by a receiver to the defense should ding the QB's stats either. When someone as athletic as JJ Watt throws a big mitt up there, or someone as goofy as OchoJohnson goes post (al) of his own accord.......OUCH!?
September 18, 201313 yr Author Agreed. I'm done with that convo. One thing that stinks for a QB, and I said this about Palmer (Chad Johnson seemed to make up his own routes), is that when the receiver runs the wrong route or makes the wrong read on a route, the QB gets hit with the incompletion. That happened a few times Monday. I doubt all of them are on the QB. Although, they could be. I did notice on a couple throws Mondy Night they put the blame on AJ instead of Andy, although I'm not sure how they come up with their conlcusions on some of those. One that sticks out in my mind is a pass Andy threw to the corner of the endzone when AJ turned for the post. The announceers said AJ was wrong on that, but what I saw was the CB was on the outside sholder of AJ so AJ did what he should of done imo and that was to turn to the inside where he could get space. Andy threw the ball right when AJ made his break, if AJ would of turned to the outside that ball could have been intercepted because the defender would of been between AJ and the ball.
September 18, 201313 yr I did notice on a couple throws Mondy Night they put the blame on AJ instead of Andy, although I'm not sure how they come up with their conlcusions on some of those. One that sticks out in my mind is a pass Andy threw to the corner of the endzone when AJ turned for the post. The announceers said AJ was wrong on that, but what I saw was the CB was on the outside sholder of AJ so AJ did what he should of done imo and that was to turn to the inside where he could get space. Andy threw the ball right when AJ made his break, if AJ would of turned to the outside that ball could have been intercepted because the defender would of been between AJ and the ball. Agreed. That one was glaring because it was in the end zone. The crazy thing is that a route run 1 yard deeper than it's supposed to is underthrown and a route run 1 yard shorter is an overthrow, sometimes resulting in a pick. I really never paid too close of attention to those things until Chad Johnson became Chad Ocho Cinco. I guess "Ocho Cinco" is Spanish for "Improv".
September 18, 201313 yr I tend to say what is on my mind when I'm passionate about a subject and the Bengals I have been very passionate about for a long long time. That may be the problem others see me as being negative. I have been a fan of the team since I can remember, season ticket holder from 1977-2008 and I admit it has gotten to me when I see the team getting so close (as they were in 2005) and then taking steps backwards everytime they get so close to finally turning the page. I also at the same time praise the good things I see with them, it may seem always negative because I tend to talk about the negative aspects of the team more than the positives. I've personally been involved with the organization and believe it or not am probably one of their biggest fans. I want what my dad never got, he wished he could see them win a SB before he died, never happened, maybe I'm the same way. If i had 1 sport wish it would be to see the Bengals win the SB. I can definitely understand that. Say if the Bengals with this current group continue to fail for the next few years, and not take advantage of what they have and go back down the drain like in the 90's. I probably will end up the same way and mainly only talking about negative things. Right now I am still in that positive mindset, but as I mentioned even though we take different approaches on how we talk about the team, we do seem to see most of the same main flaws.:thumb:
September 18, 201313 yr Hello, my name is Jesus. I am the perfect quarterback. I am always accurate. I can throw the ball 100 yards. The Shroud of Turin has me at 6'2" (the same height as Andy Dalton), but I am experienced with Ascension so I can see over all defensive lines. The Pharisees could not intercept me, so I doubt that any NFL secondaries will either. I run the Galilee Coast offense. I always score on first down (when you are God, you do not need 2nd, 3rd, or 4th downs). If my receivers drop any of my passes, I send them to a very warm place. I am a better runner than Tim Tebow. I think I can help the Bengals.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.