Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andy Dalton, the big season

Featured Replies

.............

 

I've been a critic of Andy Dalton, more so because he came into his rookie year with a cloak of arrogance and he wasn't terribly good to people. That has changed, he has grown up, and those issues are behind him.

 

People need to remember: Andy Dalton has joined Peyton Manning and Dan Marino becoming the only three quarterbacks to pass for 20 plus touchdowns in each of their first two seasons. Keep in mind, that is with a non-explosive running back and a WR with as little experience has he had. Plus, no 2nd WR of note to keep defenses honest.

 

As usual, people (not here, everywhere) are knee-jerking the day after to ridiculous proportions. He wasn't an F...he didn't turn the ball over, so you can't say he failed. He made some really bad throws early in the game, including some over-throws that will normally either be picked or result in a WR / TE getting decapitated. Was he good? Nah. He was bad early and okay late. He has gone to the playoffs his first two years with just an okay supporting cast, and now, in year #3, he has a much better cast of characters around him.

 

Again, I've been a huge critic. I think he comes up small in big moments (the playoffs, typically against the Steelers and Ravens, and in the one 3-out at Chicago after they took the lead), but some of that is okay if he gets better as he gets his sea-legs in the NFL.

 

I think he is good enough to win with.....that is as far as I'll go.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.............

 

I've been a critic of Andy Dalton, more so because he came into his rookie year with a cloak of arrogance and he wasn't terribly good to people. That has changed, he has grown up, and those issues are behind him.

 

People need to remember: Andy Dalton has joined Peyton Manning and Dan Marino becoming the only three quarterbacks to pass for 20 plus touchdowns in each of their first two seasons. Keep in mind, that is with a non-explosive running back and a WR with as little experience has he had. Plus, no 2nd WR of note to keep defenses honest.

 

As usual, people (not here, everywhere) are knee-jerking the day after to ridiculous proportions. He wasn't an F...he didn't turn the ball over, so you can't say he failed. He made some really bad throws early in the game, including some over-throws that will normally either be picked or result in a WR / TE getting decapitated. Was he good? Nah. He was bad early and okay late. He has gone to the playoffs his first two years with just an okay supporting cast, and now, in year #3, he has a much better cast of characters around him.

 

Again, I've been a huge critic. I think he comes up small in big moments (the playoffs, typically against the Steelers and Ravens, and in the one 3-out at Chicago after they took the lead), but some of that is okay if he gets better as he gets his sea-legs in the NFL.

 

I think he is good enough to win with.....that is as far as I'll go.

 

He's proven that he can win. He has not shown me the ability to make consistent throws that move chains at critical times. His playoff passer rating is like 35. Getting to the playoffs is not good enough with this roster. They already have to overcome Marvin.

He has not shown me the ability to make consistent throws that move chains at critical times. His playoff passer rating is like 35.

 

That is basically what I said in the 2nd to last paragraph -- I think we are on the same page. Small in big moments.

The F- was halftime score, he worked his way up to a D

 

The good and the bad of last nights performance for Dalton was, it was his highest QB Rating vs the steelers (that is the good) the bad is his rating was 39, that is awful.

 

I agree that first half especially was pretty bad with some of the wide open throws he missed. However even with as poor as he played early he still threw for 280 yards against one of the best defenses in the league. So I think that shows the talent he has to work with this year, because even though he played horrible early they still were able to move the ball most of the night. Pittsburgh's offense sucks, but their defense is still one of the best. If Dalton can find away to be more consistent then this can be a very explosive offense. So as said all off season the key to this years team is Dalton. He does have to get better though.

.............

 

I've been a critic of Andy Dalton, more so because he came into his rookie year with a cloak of arrogance and he wasn't terribly good to people. That has changed, he has grown up, and those issues are behind him.

 

People need to remember: Andy Dalton has joined Peyton Manning and Dan Marino becoming the only three quarterbacks to pass for 20 plus touchdowns in each of their first two seasons. Keep in mind, that is with a non-explosive running back and a WR with as little experience has he had. Plus, no 2nd WR of note to keep defenses honest.

 

As usual, people (not here, everywhere) are knee-jerking the day after to ridiculous proportions. He wasn't an F...he didn't turn the ball over, so you can't say he failed. He made some really bad throws early in the game, including some over-throws that will normally either be picked or result in a WR / TE getting decapitated. Was he good? Nah. He was bad early and okay late. He has gone to the playoffs his first two years with just an okay supporting cast, and now, in year #3, he has a much better cast of characters around him.

 

Again, I've been a huge critic. I think he comes up small in big moments (the playoffs, typically against the Steelers and Ravens, and in the one 3-out at Chicago after they took the lead), but some of that is okay if he gets better as he gets his sea-legs in the NFL.

 

I think he is good enough to win with.....that is as far as I'll go.

 

Hellbird may be the most negative person on BGP. Rarely around to give praise, unless it's to Cooper, always around to bang on someone.

  • Author
I agree that first half especially was pretty bad with some of the wide open throws he missed. However even with as poor as he played early he still threw for 280 yards against one of the best defenses in the league. So I think that shows the talent he has to work with this year, because even though he played horrible early they still were able to move the ball most of the night. Pittsburgh's offense sucks, but their defense is still one of the best. If Dalton can find away to be more consistent then this can be a very explosive offense. So as said all off season the key to this years team is Dalton. He does have to get better though.

 

You do know you live too much in the past don't you? The steelers defense this year is nowhere near one of the best. They are old they have no lb's and no line.

 

Don't fool yourself into thinking that defense is great.

  • Author
Hellbird may be the most negative person on BGP. Rarely around to give praise, unless it's to Cooper, always around to bang on someone.

You don't read my posts much.

 

Show me on here where any of my posts about the bengals this year are wrong. Show me other posts about HS posts where I bash every team but Cooper. I will wait.

You don't read my posts much.

 

Show me on here where any of my posts about the bengals this year are wrong. Show me other posts about HS posts where I bash every team but Cooper. I will wait.

 

Being wrong about the Bengals is a matter of opinion. I think you are wrong quite a bit with them. It's ok though, we all have opinions. I don' look at it as being negative sometimes, just think you don't see it my way.

 

The high school stuff, I don't pay as much attention, but I can't remember you bashing other high schools, but I really don't remember most of what anyone posts. I read and move on.

  • Author
Being wrong about the Bengals is a matter of opinion. I think you are wrong quite a bit with them. It's ok though, we all have opinions. I don' look at it as being negative sometimes, just think you don't see it my way.

 

The high school stuff, I don't pay as much attention, but I can't remember you bashing other high schools, but I really don't remember most of what anyone posts. I read and move on.

 

I didn't say it was you talking trash about me.

 

I have no problem with anyone's opinion and when it comes to the bengals I look at the team or try to anyway without my bengals homer glasses on.

You don't read my posts much.

 

Show me on here where any of my posts about the bengals this year are wrong. Show me other posts about HS posts where I bash every team but Cooper. I will wait.

 

Show me a positive post about someone other than Cooper HS.

 

I never said you were wrong. I don't care if you are wrong or right. You just seem to live in a glass half empty world. To each his own, I guess.

  • Author
Show me a positive post about someone other than Cooper HS.

 

I never said you were wrong. I don't care if you are wrong or right. You just seem to live in a glass half empty world. To each his own, I guess.

Go into the NKY Ranking thread 9-16 thread and see what I said about Scott. Then go into any BG thread and see what I said about BG, then go into the Conner prediction thread and see what I said about Conner then get back to me.

 

I'll even help you out a bit, here is one from today about Scott when Scott was being put down by a fan of higlands

Don't worry Eagle, if Scott continues to take care of business they will shoot up the rankings.

 

I like what Scott has done. A lot of people may harp on who they've played so far etc. but what I think is immeasurable is the confidence the wins are giving the players. There is nothing more dangerous than facing a team filled with confident players.

 

They will be fine and if they can win 3 games in district play I don't think anyone will doubt them this season.

 

You see crash, maybe what I do is something you're not used to as well as many others on here. I'm a realist, I may be wrong sometimes but I go with my head more than my heart. For instance the first game of the HS Football season I predicted Ryle to beat Cooper and got all kind of crap from people associated with Cooper's football program, but I go with my head instead of just going with what I think everyone else wants to hear.

You do know you live too much in the past don't you? The steelers defense this year is nowhere near one of the best. They are old they have no lb's and no line.

 

Don't fool yourself into thinking that defense is great.

 

The defense just last year was ranked #1 in the NFL with most of the same players, except Harrison. Which they replaced him with one of the top rushers in college from last year. Even in the lost against Tennessee the defense still only gave up 220 yards. The defense is still one of the best in the league, and probably will finish in the top 5 again in defense. Its still a very good defense and you will see that as the year goes on. Now the offense for the Steelers is a different story, they are pretty brutal on offense right now.

You don't read my posts much.

 

Show me on here where any of my posts about the bengals this year are wrong. Show me other posts about HS posts where I bash every team but Cooper. I will wait.

 

I have showed you plenty! :D

 

However that gets down to a matter of opinion, so know need for us to go there again. :D

I didn't say it was you talking trash about me.

 

I have no problem with anyone's opinion and when it comes to the bengals I look at the team or try to anyway without my bengals homer glasses on.

 

But yet you think people who are positive about them are looking at them with Bengal homer glasses on, when you don't realize your bias of being let down by them so much now also affects your opinion. Especially when some of the positive things people like I have said on here, is the same things others who are NFL experts are saying who have no bias. As I said I respect your opinions because we all have them, I just respect when you act like if people say something positive that means they are not realistic and are looking through Bengal homer glasses.

  • Author
But yet you think people who are positive about them are looking at them with Bengal homer glasses on, when you don't realize your bias of being let down by them so much now also affects your opinion. Especially when some of the positive things people like I have said on here, is the same things others who are NFL experts are saying who have no bias. As I said I respect your opinions because we all have them, I just respect when you act like if people say something positive that means they are not realistic and are looking through Bengal homer glasses.

No, I think people who automatically think because a player plays for the bengals or a coach coaches for the bengals that automatically makes them among the best in the league are the ones who aren't being realistic most of the time. They are also the first ones to say things like, "If the Bengals lose it Hellbird will be celebrating"

 

I like realistic viewpoints, not biased.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.