Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andy Dalton, the big season

Featured Replies

One question for you FC, and I am trying to say this with a straight face because I am serious about this.

 

I already know no matter what you will never change your answer about the talent thing only because I say something else. You want to talk about how you are right more than anyone else on here, yet who was right about Dalton when you defended him and compared him to Hall of Fame QB's? That's right, it was me.

 

Now for the question. You do realize how bad our offensive line is don't you? They are among the bottom of the league. With them being so bad, and 2005 being better, yet you still say the backups on the O-Line this year are better than the ones on 2005 team. How can you say that with a straight face? IF the backups here are so good, then why aren't they playing? Why because they are horrible. So how can you say horrible players are better than the backups on the 2005 team? lol

 

give it up buddy, you again show ignorance lol.

 

One not my fault you can't understand a comparison that was made to show it can be to early to make a judgment about a quarterback and drew was that perfect example. Shoot if I was saying he was going to be as good as him would I have said all off season that this season will depend on Dalton. If I thought he was going to be as good I would have said Bengals Will win the super bowl. Obviously I didn't think that I have only said most talented team now it depends on him and those early judgments on him now can be valid because he is not showing that improvement that drew eventually made because he sucked for three years before turning it around

 

As for the line I don't think their as bad as you think. Just like how a bad line can make a quarterback look bad a bad quarterback who holds on to the ball to long can make a line look bad. Which I addressed the short drops already and how if the ball does not come out in time on a short drop them the pressure will be right there in his face as compared to someone who takes a 5 to 7 step drop. Anthony Collins should be starting in my opinion by the way which I have said already. I think having whit at left guard like they did today for a series would make the starting line better. Collins is better than any backup lineman in 2005 and we also know backup center is better by his play last year. Remember how bad our backup center was in 2005 he took over when braham. Got hurt and he sucked. Right now s s c in terms of Dalton and Jay is looking right and I give him props for that.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
A lot of times it has as much to do with route combinations as anything. Like the replay they showed of 4 verts vs Cover 1(man free) and no one open. There needs to be at least one route that is a man beater in every route combination. Stuff like this makes the qb look bad when it really is the coaching and play design. Now I am not sold on Dalton but it is really hard to judge when you do not know what he is being asked to do.

He's being asked to manage the game and hee can't even do that right. How many turnovers does he have including his fumbles?

Game managers don't turn the ball over like it's a hot potato, they just do enough to score enough points and let the rest of the team do wwhat they are supposed to do.

Exactly. This is yet another season wasted. AJ if he wwas ssmart would ggo elsewhere. Could yyou imagine the money he will get as a FA. All he needs is a avg QB that can get the ball in the area and he is unstoppable, unfortunatley here he has a QB that can't get the ball within 10 yards of him.

 

Sadly I agree. Would love it if the Bengals can get Georgia quarterback. He is a very good and smart quarterback with a big arm. Plus he played with green in college so there would already be some chemistry there. People are starting to win with rookies so it wouldn't have to be a rebuilding year either.

  • Author
One not my fault you can't understand a comparison that was made to show it can be to early to make a judgment about a quarterback and drew was that perfect example. Shoot if I was saying he was going to be as good as him would I have said all off season that this season will depend on Dalton. If I thought he was going to be as good I would have said Bengals Will win the super bowl. Obviously I didn't think that I have only said most talented team now it depends on him and those early judgments on him now can be valid because he is not showing that improvement that drew eventually made because he sucked for three years before turning it around

 

As for the line I don't think their as bad as you think. Just like how a bad line can make a quarterback look bad a bad quarterback who holds on to the ball to long can make a line look bad. Which I addressed the short drops already and how if the ball does not come out in time on a short drop them the pressure will be right there in his face as compared to someone who takes a 5 to 7 step drop. Anthony Collins should be starting in my opinion by the way which I have said already. I think having whit at left guard like they did today for a series would make the starting line better. Collins is better than any backup lineman in 2005 and we also know backup center is better by his play last year. Remember how bad our backup center was in 2005 he took over when braham. Got hurt and he sucked. Right now s s c in terms of Dalton and Jay is looking right and I give him props for that.

I have said for 3 years now Whitt should be playing guard, glad you see that also.

 

This brings up another point I have when it comes to coaching, when you have better players sitting on the sidelines something is wrong. I agree with our backup center this year, he should actually be the starter imo. whitt playing Tackle is like Peko playing DT, they both have too many whiffs for me.

I have said for 3 years now Whitt should be playing guard, glad you see that also.

 

This brings up another point I have when it comes to coaching, when you have better players sitting on the sidelines something is wrong. I agree with our backup center this year, he should actually be the starter imo. whitt playing Tackle is like Peko playing DT, they both have too many whiffs for me.

 

Agreed. I do think whit is a good tackle but would be a dominant guard and Collins has always shown he is good when he gets the chance to play.

  • Author
Agreed. I do think whit is a good tackle but would be a dominant guard and Collins has always shown he is good when he gets the chance to play.

Talk to the overrated Coach then. He's done that since he's been here and let worse players play in front of better players.

 

Tate in front of anyone returning kicks is another example.

Talk to the overrated Coach then. He's done that since he's been here and let worse players play in front of better players.

 

Tate in front of anyone returning kicks is another example.

 

Agree there too. I can't defend the coaching and I can't defend Dalton because the third year is suppose to be the year a quarterbacks makes big progress and he has not.

  • Author
Agree there too. I can't defend the coaching and I can't defend Dalton because the third year is suppose to be the year a quarterbacks makes big progress and he has not.

I will take that as 2 more things you admit I was right about. Dalton and Marvin

Josh Freeman is available. The Bengals can get him for a song.

Josh Freeman is available. The Bengals can get him for a song.

 

I don't see them doing that. Not saying they shouldn't.

As far as Freeman goes, I think Tony Dungy said it best (more or less what I inferred from his interview on XM): "the next few weeks is going to determine the rest of his career and what type of player he is... his agent needs to do the talking and request a trade if that's what's in his best interest, but he needs to put his head down, go to work, prepare, and be the best quarterback he can be".

As far as Freeman goes, I think Tony Dungy said it best (more or less what I inferred from his interview on XM): "the next few weeks is going to determine the rest of his career and what type of player he is... his agent needs to do the talking and request a trade if that's what's in his best interest, but he needs to put his head down, go to work, prepare, and be the best quarterback he can be".

 

The Bucs have made it known that they would like to unload him before the Oct. 29 trade deadline. Indications are, they'll take a conditional draft pick. Yeah, I went "What???", too.

 

You know, AD really had no competition in camp. Maybe acquiring Freeman would light a fire under him, though it would probably upset Josh Johnson. At the very least, give JJ some playing time, though Johnson is not the answer either.

I will take that as 2 more things you admit I was right about. Dalton and Marvin

 

I believe I have even stated the Bengals should have fired him awhile ago, definitely after 2008 and 2010 seasons. As for Dalton yeah looks like you will be right, however also remember I never said he would be great. I said it was to early to make a judgement on him, because maybe he would improve and well it didn't happen. So your early judgement ended up being right

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.