Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green 39 Saint Xavier 25

Featured Replies

Just got in from Louisville and have an early day at work tomorrow. I'll have details tomorrow morning.

 

 

What a great night!!!!

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After tonight, their is not such thing at the "Big 3", it is a mythical thing that does not exist this year.
Tell me that after December games.

Was a great game!!! Everything went wonderfully! I am so proud of our boys not folding in all the hype. X players played their hearts out and have nothing to be ashamed of. I loved the USA chants coming from the Rage Cage. It made me so proud that so many young people (other than BGH) are proud to be Americans. So many schools that we have been to watch games at will have their fans talking during the National Anthem. It always upsets me and make me very proud that at our home games our crowd is so quiet during the National Anthem that you could hear a pen drop. So, needless to say, it was refreshing to see and hear those young fans being quiet during the Anthem as well as chanting USA!!! Great night, now just looking forward to our first home game of the season next Friday!!!

From reading about the game in newspaper it sounds like X's flaws on defense continued and BG's offense could almost do no wrong. On offense X could not get out of their own. Congrats to the entire Purple community, well deserved win. For X, this is a great learning tool and needs to be used as such. I have stated that BG is the best team in the state before and the Tigers must learn from this game and continue to grow as a team.

Observations from last night:

 

 

Bowling Green is much more than Hayes and Fant. Having Blue Tisdale and Blake Pillow gives BG 3 guys who can take a screen pass to the house on any given play. Every possession is fun to watch. You never know who is going to break it and score.

 

Nagle had a hard time getting comfortable enough to complete passes due to the pressure he was facing from the BG defense.

 

Charles Walker is fun to watch. He earned every yard he got and his ability to evade tackles and run through tackles was amazing. I'd have rode him a lot harder than they did. Seemed like he'd run it down the field and then they would try to pass the ball and fail. If it ain't broke......

 

BG's kicking game is horrible. If they stay focused it will never be a factor in any game the rest of the season.

 

Hayes is a hell of a quarterback. He had a little too much on a couple of throws that were incomplete but would have been huge plays. They'll be completions by the end of the year. I'd imagine he and Fant will get a nice amount of Mr. Football votes.

 

X has some grade A concession stands.

 

BG should have a running clock in 80% of their remaining games. If St. X was outmatched, outcoached and outplayed I'd imagine the remainder of BG's schedule is as well.

@kyhighs: BG QB Devin Hayes finished with 409 yards of offense, 309 passing, 100 rushing. He completed 16 of 28 passes for 4 TDs. #loufb

@kyhighs: Nacarius Fant, who has committed to WKU, had 6 catches for 112 yards and 2 TDs.

@kyhighs: St. X stats: B.J. Nagle (16 of 33, 202 yards, 1 TD), Luke Hayden (8 catches, 103 yards), Charles Walker (23 carries, 133 yards, 1 TD) #loufb

A few thoughts:

 

Devin Hayes has to be recruited by some mid-majors. I don't understand why he does not have several offers already. He will be best QB on field every game throughout year.

 

Fant is what everyone knows he is: Play maker. I have always heard he doesn't have the 40 yard dash speed, yet I have never seen anyone catch him.

 

Charles Walker is real deal.

 

X O-line and D-line is big; probably too big. I knew our skill guys would run by them.

 

Trying to stay classsy but the new X coach has hitched his wagon to the new QB that has a known last name. I dont think it is right decision. With Walker and the O-line, no way they should lose to anyone around here. I think they have another loss or two in them.

 

Dragonfire; I may never be a WC fan, but thanks for knowing your stuff. Avidtiger and his boys have passion like you but I knew you (we) were right. Next year will be different story but this team with our skill guys will not lose.

 

McCallie (Chattanooga) and Blackman (Murfreesboro) both won convincingly last night. Those will be two fun games. Lots of points will be scored rest of season. I got close on my prediction that BG would score 40+ against all teams on schedule this year.

 

St. X fans and stadium are unreal. Private school money is plentiful but I will stick with the boys in Purple on Rockingham!

Well said PP. Congrats to your team. They played a great game.

 

I think St. X has a ton of things to work on both sides of the ball. I have seen two X games and overall just not that impressed with some that have been hyped. I do not mean this as a dig. Just being honest.

 

 

 

Observations from last night:

 

 

Bowling Green is much more than Hayes and Fant. Having Blue Tisdale and Blake Pillow gives BG 3 guys who can take a screen pass to the house on any given play. Every possession is fun to watch. You never know who is going to break it and score.

 

Nagle had a hard time getting comfortable enough to complete passes due to the pressure he was facing from the BG defense.

 

Charles Walker is fun to watch. He earned every yard he got and his ability to evade tackles and run through tackles was amazing. I'd have rode him a lot harder than they did. Seemed like he'd run it down the field and then they would try to pass the ball and fail. If it ain't broke......

 

BG's kicking game is horrible. If they stay focused it will never be a factor in any game the rest of the season.

 

Hayes is a hell of a quarterback. He had a little too much on a couple of throws that were incomplete but would have been huge plays. They'll be completions by the end of the year. I'd imagine he and Fant will get a nice amount of Mr. Football votes.

 

X has some grade A concession stands.

 

BG should have a running clock in 80% of their remaining games. If St. X was outmatched, outcoached and outplayed I'd imagine the remainder of BG's schedule is as well.

.... Every possession is fun to watch. ....

 

Depends on which side of ball your pull for. I held my breath on every snap a couple of weeks ago...

A few thoughts:

 

Devin Hayes has to be recruited by some mid-majors. I don't understand why he does not have several offers already. He will be best QB on field every game throughout year.

 

Fant is what everyone knows he is: Play maker. I have always heard he doesn't have the 40 yard dash speed, yet I have never seen anyone catch him.

 

Charles Walker is real deal.

 

X O-line and D-line is big; probably too big. I knew our skill guys would run by them.

 

Trying to stay classsy but the new X coach has hitched his wagon to the new QB that has a known last name. I dont think it is right decision. With Walker and the O-line, no way they should lose to anyone around here. I think they have another loss or two in them.

 

Dragonfire; I may never be a WC fan, but thanks for knowing your stuff. Avidtiger and his boys have passion like you but I knew you (we) were right. Next year will be different story but this team with our skill guys will not lose.

 

McCallie (Chattanooga) and Blackman (Murfreesboro) both won convincingly last night. Those will be two fun games. Lots of points will be scored rest of season. I got close on my prediction that BG would score 40+ against all teams on schedule this year.

 

St. X fans and stadium are unreal. Private school money is plentiful but I will stick with the boys in Purple on Rockingham!

 

This is a very unbiased thread and direct to the point(s). Agree 100%.

 

I really hate to say it, but I think X lost a lot of fans last night. Mumbling and Grumbling leaving the game ....

 

It's not the L, as I totally expected it to go either way, it's the way they lost. No discredit to BG. They were the better team.....

 

Changes need to be made now. Trinity is not the problem, I'm now worried to death about Male

Observations from last night:

 

 

Bowling Green is much more than Hayes and Fant. Having Blue Tisdale and Blake Pillow gives BG 3 guys who can take a screen pass to the house on any given play. Every possession is fun to watch. You never know who is going to break it and score.

 

Nagle had a hard time getting comfortable enough to complete passes due to the pressure he was facing from the BG defense.

 

Charles Walker is fun to watch. He earned every yard he got and his ability to evade tackles and run through tackles was amazing. I'd have rode him a lot harder than they did. Seemed like he'd run it down the field and then they would try to pass the ball and fail. If it ain't broke......

 

BG's kicking game is horrible. If they stay focused it will never be a factor in any game the rest of the season.

 

Hayes is a hell of a quarterback. He had a little too much on a couple of throws that were incomplete but would have been huge plays. They'll be completions by the end of the year. I'd imagine he and Fant will get a nice amount of Mr. Football votes.

 

X has some grade A concession stands.

 

BG should have a running clock in 80% of their remaining games. If St. X was outmatched, outcoached and outplayed I'd imagine the remainder of BG's schedule is as well.

 

I agree about Walker. At times BG had no answer for him then it was like the St. X coaches forgot they had him on their team.

 

It looked like the X defensive plan was to stop Fant but then they didn't have the players to stop Tisdale and Pillow.

 

BG line on both sides of the ball was quicker and that made a big difference.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.