Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green 39 Saint Xavier 25

Featured Replies

From an X perspect it's not the end of the world. X l

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an X perspective it is not the end of the world. X lost to a very good team early in the season. Expectations were very high for this team and unless they had a running clock in their first three games people were going to be disappointed. Changes will be made and I think the coaches are still learning about their players. BG is a great team and X still had a some opportunities to get back in the game, so again the sky isn't completely falling.

 

Learn from it, take care of the ball, and for love of football stop giving up so many huge plays then they have a chafe to be pretty good.

I for one can't wait to read the St.X insider this week.

Congrats to BG! Wow!!! I am very happy for PH, Mrs. PH and all the BG faithful.

I want to emphasize to all in Tiger Nation that all is not lost right now. We old Purples know that you can learn more about your team from a loss than you can with a win. This is not time to panic...it is a golden opportunity to learn and to correct weaknesses. With that, people who know me know I mean what I say when I say that I hope that the staff rights the ship and goes on to a very successful season! The Tigers have some awesome tools (especially Walker...in two meetings, he's torn us to pieces!). Some work, some study, and a little polish will have 'em running on all eight cylinders!

 

We blew some chances last night too, and the staff is on top of it. I just hope that we can come up with some answers for our kicking game.

 

Devin Hayes is by no stretch of the imagination the best dropback passer in the state, bar none. So what if he's not an RG III type QB. When he's on (which is almost always), the Purples are almost impossible to stop on offense. As if the Purples don't have enough weapons, wait until he and Bradley Wierson finally get their timing together...I have predicted that Bradley will be a great compliment to Nacarius before the season is done! Blue and Blake are outstanding weapons coming out of the backfield to be sure, but we have another senior (Danny Dewalt) on the bench, and he's hungry!! And our defense has acquitted itself well in its first two games against two powerful offenses. This will only get better as the season plays out. Lincoln Quick is a stud at ILB! He leads a typical Purple defense...flies to the football and is not afraid to hit the good lick.

 

We salute Tiger Nation for being such wonderful hosts twice in this series! We hope that you all feel that way about us when you visit The Big El! We're sorry we missed Tony Danza on this trip, but we hope that we can hook up next season!

Very intriguing that BG won the poll in the prediction thread but in the Pick 10 cash prize contest St. X was picked to win way more than BG was.

Very intriguing that BG won the poll in the prediction thread but in the Pick 10 cash prize contest St. X was picked to win way more than BG was.

 

It's not that intriguing...nobody loses anything by participating in the poll. When it comes to someone's money, it's a little bit harder to pull the trigger on the "sexy" pick. St. X 8/10 times is a safe choice.

It's not that intriguing...nobody loses anything by participating in the poll. When it comes to someone's money, it's a little bit harder to pull the trigger on the "sexy" pick. St. X 8/10 times is a safe choice.

 

 

Maybe. It doesn't cost anything to enter the Pick 10 contest though so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by making the "sexy" pick.

After losing the way we did, I was going to take a brief hiatus from the site but who cares its early in the season and that game was a great learning experience for the tigers. With that said, hats off to Bg and all the fan base. Great game and truly deserving of the #1 ranking at this point of the season. Good luck on your way to a state title.

And also for the record, Percell was diagnosed by Dr. Kiper with a torn acl and mcl, but he goes in at 8 for an MRI. Everyone please keep him in your prayers.

And also for the record, Percell was diagnosed by Dr. Kiper with a torn acl and mcl, but he goes in at 8 for an MRI. Everyone please keep him in your prayers.

 

Prayers sent. :thumb:

After losing the way we did, I was going to take a brief hiatus from the site but who cares its early in the season and that game was a great learning experience for the tigers. With that said, hats off to Bg and all the fan base. Great game and truly deserving of the #1 ranking at this point of the season. Good luck on your way to a state title.

 

Been down that road before. I know that feeling all too well. I had to stay out of the college basketball forum after Duke lost the way they did to Kevin Ware in March. I'm still pretty disgruntled about it to be honest.

 

Good luck the rest of the season.

Been down that road before. I know that feeling all too well. I had to stay out of the college basketball forum after Duke lost the way they did to Kevin Ware in March. I'm still pretty disgruntled about it to be honest.

 

Good luck the rest of the season.

 

It is a tough loss, but it was to a very good team. If this was to an out of state, I don't think the rumblings would be as bad. Bowling Green is a great team and have been very good the last 3 years. the 2011 and 2013 seniors were hearlded as the two best classes to come through the middle school and into high school.

 

At, I know you know this but they don't have to be the best team in September. They have to be the best team entering November.

 

There is too much football knowledge on the coaching staff to not make adjustments and get the players in position to be as successful as possible. If the X community can take this as a learning experience then good things are in store for this team, because I honestly believe that X will not face a passing offense as good and as efficient as the Bowling Green Purples.

It is a tough loss, but it was to a very good team. If this was to an out of state, I don't think the rumblings would be as bad. Bowling Green is a great team and have been very good the last 3 years. the 2011 and 2013 seniors were hearlded as the two best classes to come through the middle school and into high school.

 

At, I know you know this but they don't have to be the best team in September. They have to be the best team entering November.

 

There is too much football knowledge on the coaching staff to not make adjustments and get the players in position to be as successful as possible. If the X community can take this as a learning experience then good things are in store for this team, because I honestly believe that X will not face a passing offense as good and as efficient as the Bowling Green Purples.

 

I hate excuses, but the mind can only wonder how different the game would've been if we would've kept running the ball. It's over now though so.... 2-1 and on to fairdale. Congrats to Bg on this feat.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.