Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green 39 Saint Xavier 25

Featured Replies

I hate excuses, but the mind can only wonder how different the game would've been if we would've kept running the ball. It's over now though so.... 2-1 and on to fairdale. Congrats to Bg on this feat.

 

I wonder the same as well. We loved when Nagle dropped back to pass. I don't know that I would have ever thrown the ball at all watching Walker run the way he did.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say a Big "Congrats" to the BG team, coaches and fans. BG deserves all the credit! Kids played hard, smart and with determination!!! Outstanding job!!!!! Program is on the rise for sure!!! Good luck the rest of the way and good luck with that win streak and the State Championship!!!!

I wonder the same as well. We loved when Nagle dropped back to pass. I don't know that I would have ever thrown the ball at all watching Walker run the way he did.

 

I've been saying this since wk 1.

What are we going to do with those Tigers????

 

Well too have to call them as I see them. Observations made at the game Friday vs. BG.

 

1. Overall team is playing with very little emotion. Like everyone is waiting for someone else to do something.... This is not St. X football and one only team they can beat is themselves...

 

2. I know its early, however, I did expect to see some improvement in the QB play and Defensive secondary. These two areas alone, if we played OK, we would probably be 3 - 0. I'm wanting to be impressed by Nagle, yet I have seen him make one play in the two games I have seen. That was the 30+ yard pass during the Ballard game for a TD. His running, mobility and ability to scramble are nothing to be scared of if you are an oposing team. Actually I think you can count on a big night of pass rushing an sacks!!! Sorry folks, I believe, but I need to see as well.....

 

3. Kick offs have been struggling to get to the 10....!!! Some may have hit the End Zone, but that appears to be the exception. Hard to imagine that no one on the team can kick the ball in the end zone 8 out of 10 trys!!!

 

4. I have said it befor and I will say it again. O-Linemen foot speed is just too slow. While the size is very good, speed is very slow. If there are 4 to 5 kids on the team that have quicker footspeed and can stay with their block and then get to the next block and make it.... the X running backs can make some hay!!!! But now they are too bush running east -west instead of north and south...!!! It has been long belief of mine that the reason (the Weeds) have had X's number of late is due to the lack of footspeed on the O-Line. Enough soap box...

 

I'm ready to see St. X play some St. X football......

Xecute the Game Plan - I agree with your points. At the beginning of last week's game vs the Purples, I knew early in first quarter that we had the game due to our quickness. I do think that X will get much better and will make a very deep run and in my hope, knock off the Rocks. The only way that happens is to get some quicker feet and run the Walker kid till he pukes. He is a real talent. Good luck!

Xecute the Game Plan - I agree with your points. At the beginning of last week's game vs the Purples, I knew early in first quarter that we had the game due to our quickness. I do think that X will get much better and will make a very deep run and in my hope, knock off the Rocks. The only way that happens is to get some quicker feet and run the Walker kid till he pukes. He is a real talent. Good luck!

 

:laugh: if Only you knew. He throws up about 3-4 times a game. But not only him, Davis too. Just run the ball.

 

4. I have said it befor and I will say it again. O-Linemen foot speed is just too slow. While the size is very good, speed is very slow. If there are 4 to 5 kids on the team that have quicker footspeed and can stay with their block and then get to the next block and make it.... the X running backs can make some hay!!!! But now they are too bush running east -west instead of north and south...!!! It has been long belief of mine that the reason (the Weeds) have had X's number of late is due to the lack of footspeed on the O-Line. Enough soap box...

 

I'm ready to see St. X play some St. X football......

 

I thought X had great size on the line but they were very slow. I would give up some of that size for a smaller but faster lineman.

:laugh: if Only you knew. He throws up about 3-4 times a game. But not only him, Davis too. Just run the ball.

 

Did he lose it again against BG ? I did not see BIG CHUCK --- UPCHUCK this game... I think he kept it all down.. I think the heat got to him game one and game two. He goes so hard. :puke:

Did he lose it again against BG ? I did not see BIG CHUCK --- UPCHUCK this game... I think he kept it all down.. I think the heat got to him game one and game two. He goes so hard. :puke:

 

No I don't believe so, I was making fun at the situation though.

On defense X is not the quickest team, that is where I would add some speed. I would not trade size on the OLine. Because at the end of the day you beat quick defenses by running at them.

 

The defense has to get quicker on the edges.

Edited by JokersWild24

On defense X is not the quickest team, that is wear I would add some speed. I would not trade size on the OLine. Because at the end of the day you beat quick defenses by running at them.

 

The defense has to get quicker on the edges.

In all 3 games the defensive line has had the qb on the ropes but didn't have the closing speed to make the sack.

Seems to me B.G. pretty much owned the first half.

They just looked like the better team all the way around.

The X announcers are blunt.

 

That pass was bad

I don't think our safeties are very good

You have to keep the ball inbounds to have a chance

 

Just some of the things they said during the broadcast

The X announcers are blunt.

 

That pass was bad

I don't think our safeties are very good

You have to keep the ball inbounds to have a chance

 

Just some of the things they said during the broadcast

 

Yeah they always tell it like it is.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.