Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dad asks son to hold beer, kicked out of Arizona Cardinals game

Featured Replies

Just after the opening kickoff of the Arizona Cardinals' preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday, Cardinals season ticket holder John Coulter wanted to take a picture. He says he asked his 15-year-old son to hold his beer cup while he did so.

 

Seconds later, two undercover officers with the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control approached him. Coulter says they told him that what he did was illegal and that he could be arrested for it. In the end, officers escorted the father and son out of the University of Phoenix Stadium.

 

Dad asks son to hold beer, kicked out of Arizona Cardinals game

  • Author

I wonder if there is more to the story, if not, I think that was a cheap shot by the police. You are there to find the real violators, not cherry pick to make your stats look good. The fact there was no enforcement (per the article) tells me the officers know what they did was a cheap shot.

 

Thoughts?

  • Author

^ And assuming there is no more to the story if I am the Arizona Cardinals I would make it up to this fan and I would have a frank discussion with the law enforcement powers that be. I am sure the Cards are all for strong enforcement but this...

Inexcusable IMO.

 

If I'm Arizona, I comp this guy's season tickets this season.

This whole country is insane the way it treats alcohol.

I guess I'll just wait until my kids are 21 to take them to an NFL game in case I need one of them to hold my beer. :lol:

If he was taking the picture in the seats, were there no cup holders?

 

I agree with Ru, providing there's not more to this story, it's a little over the top.

 

If the father had been buying his son a few beers to consume before taking the pic, he knew better.

Was at a Red's game a few weeks ago and the guy in front of me had his arm around his wife and his hand was resting in my cup holder. I asked my son to hold my beer while I reached in my pocket for money and didn't think anything about it.

Was at a Red's game a few weeks ago and the guy in front of me had his arm around his wife and his hand was resting in my cup holder. I asked my son to hold my beer while I reached in my pocket for money and didn't think anything about it.

 

They make it really tough on the beer vendors in situations like this. Technically we are suppose to make it really awkward for you and ask if we can hold the beer so that your underage kid doesn't. It makes it so difficult. If you were on the concourse and you handed your beer to your son while you paid, I think most smart beer vendors would intervene because unfortunately if they didn't and the "right people" saw, it could be their job.

 

It's crazy. Getslow summed it up perfectly.

Cheap move on the part of the control agents

According to the report, citations were issued.

I would have to think there is more to the story than what we are reading into this.

 

I don't know of anyone that would bust a guys balls like that if they watched the incident as dad describes it.

My guess is that Junior had the beer for an extended period of time,

grabbing more than a few sips while he was at it.

I question the people's sanity just for being at a preseason Cardinals game. And now they have to live with the embarrassment of being identified. :isurrender:

 

In all seriousness, I'm guessing Cardinals tickets are a hard sell anyway, so this doesn't look good for them from a PR standpoint.

Over the top if it is as dad says. I've seen kids pass beer down the row at Bengals games to patrons in the middle. Never thought a thing of it.

If what was presented is accurate, this is a case of common sense vs. letter of the law. If officials want to go by the letter of the law, then they'd be busting just about every row in the stadium. The guy at the end quoting the penalties is just trying to justify the cops' actions. However, he' offering no common sense to the application of the law.

As a young college student at EKU had a similar situation happen to me.

 

A DD took me to the liquor store, I go in, buy 2 boxes of essentials and head back to the car. The DD is sitting in the drivers seat, reaches over, opens the door and moves the back seat up. I sit the boxes in the back, who moves the top box over. I get int

 

 

Guy in car directly in front of me jumps out screaming "Stop!!! I'm with the ABC!!"

 

 

Yeah........

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.