Are you rooting for Trinity this week?

theguru

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never really understood pulling for an in-state that you don't really like just because they're playing an out-of-state team. It's just like this past year when UL was making their run during March; did I want UL to win the championship? Of course not, I'm a UK fan how does it make sense to pull for UL in anything?

Some applies here, not a T fan so I will not be pulling or them.

I have never really understood pulling for an in-state that you don't really like just because they're playing an out-of-state team. It's just like this past year when UL was making their run during March; did I want UL to win the championship? Of course not, I'm a UK fan how does it make sense to pull for UL in anything?

So you are assuming that other teams in KY don't like Trinity? Obviously I'm a Highlands fan, but live in Indiana. I was born and raised in Ft. Thomas and I'm a Highlands grad. I have never heard anyone say they hated Trinity or even anyone disliking Trinity. It may be different in Louisville , but up here in the northern part of the state , Trinity gets more respect than anything. Over the years Highlands and Trinity and a few others have put KY on the football map. Nothing but good things can come from Ky teams beating teams from other states, especially Florida teams.

So I'm thinking your talking about UK and U of L basketball? Both instate teams, and yes there is a lot of hatred from both teams. Pitino might have something to do with that.

Pulling for Da Rocks:thumb:

As others have said, T represents this State better than anyone. It is very difficult to argue with their success in both the State and National level.

And FWIW, this is High School and that is what makes it so special in todays money game...Just sayin

So you are assuming that other teams in KY don't like Trinity? Obviously I'm a Highlands fan, but live in Indiana. I was born and raised in Ft. Thomas and I'm a Highlands grad. I have never heard anyone say they hated Trinity or even anyone disliking Trinity. It may be different in Louisville , but up here in the northern part of the state , Trinity gets more respect than anything. Over the years Highlands and Trinity and a few others have put KY on the football map. Nothing but good things can come from Ky teams beating teams from other states, especially Florida teams.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he was talking about X.

The thread is asking if I will be rooting for the Rocks? Then to explain answer given. I am an X grad and while I may be in the minority of X grads I don't really like to see T win, regardless of who they are playing. I'm just wired that way.

I was using the comparision of UK and UL basketball because it was recent and many people in the Bluegrass State can relate to that analogy. So Hoosierbird, I'm not assuming anything about anyone, you can like T all you want, but I will not be rooting for them on Friday.

The thread is asking if I will be rooting for the Rocks? Then to explain answer given. I am an X grad and while I may be in the minority of X grads I don't really like to see T win, regardless of who they are playing. I'm just wired that way.

I was using the comparision of UK and UL basketball because it was recent and many people in the Bluegrass State can relate to that analogy. So Hoosierbird, I'm not assuming anything about anyone, you can like T all you want, but I will not be rooting for them on Friday.

LTR--

As a Trinity grad/fan, I have no problem with your sentiment. Thanks for your honesty.

:clap::banana: