Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals Hard Knocks - Episode One

Featured Replies

Well to search for the silver lining for Dalton, he can't get worse in the playoffs. A 48 rating and 0 TDs to 4 int's. he can only get better right?

 

Now you are coming around.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any way to watch it if you dont have HBO?

 

 

link on mo egger's blog for now anyway...

 

Mo Egger

Actually very impressed with this coaching staff. Love how they handle themselves with the players. Also live me some Hugh Jackson. Also the last scene with Larry Black was very emotional, and very well done

I don't know what I would do if Harrison hopped in my car.

I don't know what I would do if Harrison hopped in my car.

 

Hand him your keys and your wallet...

I don't know what I would do if Harrison hopped in my car.

 

I'd get out and let him drive. That is a bad man right there. Something this team needs

Seeing the AJ injury made me cringe. That was so close to being a devastating blow to this season. Just watching this has me excited for this season. I have high expectations for this team.

I love the show, always have. The one thing that had me scratching my head was when Gruden was talking in his meeting with the players and saying something along the lines of "year 1 we were talking about the super bowl, year 2 there was more talk about us getting there, now in the third year we are expected to be there".

 

Who exactly besides Futurecoach on here really expects the Bengals to be in the super bowl this year?

 

It seems to me that I am not the only one who thinks that. Shoot if you watch any sports at all or people who talk about sports across the country, there is a lot of people who are saying the Bengals could be that team that makes a run this year. However you can continue with your argument about it just being me and looking orange glasses. I have been the one most realistic person with the most clear view of this team on here over the last few years, and yes there is post and facts to back that up. I don't let hatred for all the bad things Mike Brown did in the past effect my view of the here and now. Its not just me who see's it, its a lot of people who don't have the Mike Brown hatred blocking their vision.

 

It really comes down to one thing and that is Dalton. If he can step his game or they can make a run, if he can't step it up then first round is probably their best bet. Dalton is the key to this year, because the other pieces are there to make a run.

It would be great but I had much more of a feeling about the 2005 team going into the season. This team still has too many holes IMO. If the safety and LB positions play better this year and we have one of the best running games in the AFC then we have a shot. I don't think Dalton can take this team to the promises land, I think he'll have to ride on the rest of the teams success to get him there.

 

This post right here might be one of your best post. Basically you don't think this team can make a run in the playoffs like you thought they could have in 2005 because of QB play? Which obviously the way Carson played that year was awesome and was one of the top QB's in the league. So I can see why you liked the 2005 teams chances better because you don't trust Dalton and I can understand that. Does not mean 2005 haThis d better overall talent, but top QB play like how Palmer played that year can make a difference. This year it completely comes down to Dalton and how he plays. Which I have said all off season long. The overall talent is there, it comes down to Dalton.

I was STUNNED to learn that Pacman is married.

 

You & me both...

It would be great but I had much more of a feeling about the 2005 team going into the season. This team still has too many holes IMO. If the safety and LB positions play better this year and we have one of the best running games in the AFC then we have a shot. I don't think Dalton can take this team to the promises land, I think he'll have to ride on the rest of the teams success to get him there.

 

The 2005 team lived off turnovers. 31 interceptions for the season, Deltha Oneal had 10. That defense had 28 sacks. 2012 had 51 sacks but only 14 interceptions.

  • Author

Random thoughts:

 

I thought the cinematography was excellent. HBO has a talented bunch putting Hard Knocks together and I recommend this series to anyone interested in football.

I didn't like the way Dalton was portrayed. From Pilates with his wife, to not knowing anything about fantasy football, to wearing the rubber wedding ring, to playing ladder toss... Although there is nothing wrong with any of that none of it says to me Dalton is the leader of the this football team and he will take them to the Super Bowl.

The exchange between Gruden and Harrison made me cringe, I know James is "bad" but it came off as cavalier at best to me. Either Harrison is trying to be the star of the show or he is a bully. I understand he needs to be all tough and stuff but if he hurts AJ Green in practice I may kick his butt and I am not kidding. :D

Mike Brown talking a little trash about Geno Atkins and how he walks like a duck (I think duck is what he said).

The Doc having to treat Marvin Jones like a child after the ringing he experienced. Is Jones 2?

The Green injury was interesting because of what you could see in the slomo background. Nothing special, just the ice machine, plumbing, bridge, Rumpke Portalets, scissor lift, hose, metal garage doors, trailer, traffic cone, rocks etc.

Larry Black crying almost made me cry, that was horrible. I would like to buy Larry dinner and a beer.

Hue Jackson is a guy I want on my staff.

Marvin cleaning up after the staff party.

Zimmer laying down the Fbomb.

Pacman running out of gas.

Gio using his girlfriends mom's minivan. Gio does appear to be one heck of a nice guy.

Peko standing in the background with only a towel on. Has that man EVER touched a weight in his life.

Eifert introducing himself to Smith and getting the Roll Tide. And me having to explain to my girl why it was so funny.

As much as I am down on Gresham at times he was endearing talking about Adkins in the Oklahoma Drill and then cheating to beat him and then starting a pretend fight.

That roach motel the players were staying in.

Bernard and Hawkins teasing each other about their height.

Jackson making fun of Bernard's height and weight.

Fantastic hour of TV!

Isn't the Millenneum one of the better hotels in the downtown area? Has to be better than the old Wilminton College dorms.

The Gruden - Harrison exchange did not portend well for Gruden's prospects of getting a head coaching gig. Hard to picture Gruden being able to control a team of NFL players.

IMO anyone looking negatively at the Gruden/Harrison exchange is overreacting. Harrison has an image and he plays to it. You could tell from the get-go it was "in fun."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.