3 Favorite Denzel Washington Films

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not that big on Denzel. I don't dislike him, but he doesn't particularly do that much for me. I'd say:

1) Glory - Easily his best role as far as I'm concerned. He was completely justified in winning the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor that year against the likes of Marlon Brando, Martin Landau, Dan Akroyd and Danny Aiello. This scene alone could have won the Oscar for him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnaeK8G9SRY

2) Much Ado About Nothing

3) American Gangster

Since the thread is 3 favorite Denzel films, my list is a little different than if it were my 3 favorite Denzel performances. The 3 Denzel films that I enjoy the most are

1. Glory

2. Remember the Titans

3. The Great Debaters

Sheeeeew thats a tough one, only three?

I probably can't narrow it down to three, but I will list my personal favorites....

Training Day

John Q

American Gangster

Man On Fire

Book of Eli

Manchurian Candidate

He Got Game

A couple people have mentioned Glory.

He does play a similar character and demeanor every film. But I think that is typical for most actors.

Very true. I also liked Training Day and the new one with Mark Wahlberg looks like a training day type of character he will be playing.

I'm not that big on Denzel. I don't dislike him, but he doesn't particularly do that much for me. I'd say:

1) Glory - Easily his best role as far as I'm concerned. He was completely justified in winning the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor that year against the likes of Marlon Brando, Martin Landau, Dan Akroyd and Danny Aiello. This scene alone could have won the Oscar for him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnaeK8G9SRY

2) Much Ado About Nothing

3) American Gangster

Great scene

1. Man on Fire - IMO his best. Will watch it any time.

2. Glory

3. American Gangster

Anytime Man on Fire is on I watch it as well. One of my favorite movies. Most people do not know that is a remake of a movie from the 80s.

Anyone ever seen Carbon Copy? I started it once but never finished it.