Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-Time Reds line up

Featured Replies

I like that line up

 

I know why you took Votto over Perez...your just doing that because Sox fans haven't gotten over Perez launching that blooper pitch from the Spaceman :lol:

 

No, I was 5 years old when that happened. Tony Perez was a product of the lineup that he was in. Votto is simply a better hitter. Perez hit .283 with a .346 OBP and a .820 OPS for the Reds. Votto has hit .317, .417, .964. He is better across the board than Perez. "Big Doggy" gets romanticized in Redland because he played for the Big Red Machine. He had 2 great years, other than that there were 15 guys in the league that would have produced what he did in the Reds lineup. Very overrated hitter.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we're only looking at them while they were a Red:

 

1B: Tony (slightly over JV)

2B: Joe

SS: Barry Larkin

3B: Pete

LF: Adam Dunn (avg 37 HR/89 RBI/80 runs in his 7 full-time season)

CF: Eric the Red

RF: Frank Robinson

C: Bench

 

Griffey simply didn't have the numbers as a Red.

 

Maybe not on pure numbers but I thought we were supposed to build a lineup. I'd rather have ED lead off and Griffey drive in runs. That's why I played Davis in left.

I'd take Davey over Larkin, and what about Big Klu?

Rose LF

Morgan 2B

Larkin SS

Robinson RF

Bench C

Votto 1B

Perez 3B

Davis CF

Tony Perez was a product of the lineup that he was in. Votto is simply a better hitter. Perez is a very overrated hitter.

 

I agree 100%, and I remember the Big Red Machine days very well.

If you laid out all of the former Reds by stat-lines only (as Reds) with no names attached, removing the heart-strings and emotions, while also removing built in prejudices against certain players, I think the starting 8 would be very interesting.

 

It would probably look more like this if you removed all names when selecting:

 

1B -- Big Klu

2B -- McPhee

SS -- Larkin

3B -- Rose

LF -- Dunn

CF -- Pinson

RF -- Robinson

C -- Bench

What stats are you using? I just couldn't put Klu in front of Doggie.

Rose LF

Morgan 2B

Larkin SS

Robinson RF

Bench C

Votto 1B

Perez 3B

Davis CF

 

I think this is it. Davis might be the only one I would look at as replacing.

What stats are you using? I just couldn't put Klu in front of Doggie.

 

It surprised me, but I don't think it matters what stats you look at, Klu better in just about all of them (if you're only looking at their time with the Reds).

It surprised me, but I don't think it matters what stats you look at, Klu better in just about all of them (if you're only looking at their time with the Reds).

 

RBI? Anyway I like Perez at 3rd and Votto at first.

No chance I'd take the Reds-Griffey over ED.

 

It is amazing how close they are statistically as Reds:

 

Jr. ... 270 AVG ... 210 HR ... 602 RBI ... 876 OPS

ED... 271 AVG ... 203 HR ... 615 RBI ... 877 OPS

 

Add in the SB for ED (270 vs 17 for JR) and the fact that ED was more in his prime as a Red and you have to give the edge to ED as a Red.

I was going to post mine, then realized it's the same lineup AJG posted. I cosign his.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.