Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-Time Reds line up

Featured Replies

OK Reds fans (and non-Reds fans) who would be on your everyday line-up in the field using any Red in History.

 

Sound easy right Just plug in the 75-76 Reds and your done...right?

 

How about Barry or Davey at SS, Brandon or Joe at 2nd, Joey or Doggie at 1st, Where do you put Pete?

 

For extra fun put them by position in the batting order you would use.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Big red machine

You would start Davey over Larkin at SS? I loved Davey but Larkin IMO was much better...

You would start Davey over Larkin at SS? I loved Davey but Larkin IMO was much better...

 

I also don't think Foster, Geronimo and Griffey were the 3 best outfielders the Reds have ever had.

Are we going on what they did for the Reds, or their whole career?

You would start Davey over Larkin at SS? I loved Davey but Larkin IMO was much better...

 

No but it was an easy answer. I am not Red's fan so I need to see some lists to come up with mine. Bench, Larkin, Rose, Morgan would be automatics for me.

  • Author

1. 3B Pete Rose

2. 2B Joe Morgan

3. RF Frank Robinson

4. CF Ken Griffey Jr

5. 1B Tony Perez

6. C Johnny Bench

7. SS Barry Larkin

8. LF George Foster

 

 

Was going to chose Vada Pinson as CF but even with injuries Jr's numbers per game and averages are at or better than Pinson's

  • Author
Are we going on what they did for the Reds, or their whole career?

I would lean towards what they did as a Red...I was tore between Jr and Pinson at CF but Jr's numbers in fewer games were close and his per game #'s and averages as a Red were as good or better.

1. 3B Pete Rose

2. 2B Joe Morgan

3. RF Frank Robinson

4. CF Ken Griffey Jr

5. 1B Tony Perez

6. C Johnny Bench

7. SS Barry Larkin

8. LF George Foster

 

 

Was going to chose Vada Pinson as CF but even with injuries Jr's numbers per game and averages are at or better than Pinson's

 

I like that, but I would hit Foster in front of Larkin so you could have speed at the bottom of the order.

  • Author
I like that, but I would hit Foster in front of Larkin so you could have speed at the bottom of the order.
I like Bench and was trying to protect him with Larkin!
I like Bench and was trying to protect him with Larkin!

 

 

And Foster couldn't do that? :lol:

1. Eric Davis LF

2. Joe Morgan 2B

3. Frank Robinson RF

4. Johnny Bench C

5. Ken Griffey Jr. CF

6. Joey Votto 1B

7. Pete Rose 3B

8. Barry Larkin SS

  • Author
1. Eric Davis LF

2. Joe Morgan 2B

3. Frank Robinson RF

4. Johnny Bench C

5. Ken Griffey Jr. CF

6. Joey Votto 1B

7. Pete Rose 3B

8. Barry Larkin SS

I like that line up

 

I know why you took Votto over Perez...your just doing that because Sox fans haven't gotten over Perez launching that blooper pitch from the Spaceman :lol:

1. Eric Davis LF

2. Joe Morgan 2B

3. Frank Robinson RF

4. Johnny Bench C

5. Ken Griffey Jr. CF

6. Joey Votto 1B

7. Pete Rose 3B

8. Barry Larkin SS

 

If we're only looking at them while they were a Red:

 

1B: Tony (slightly over JV)

2B: Joe

SS: Barry Larkin

3B: Pete

LF: Adam Dunn (avg 37 HR/89 RBI/80 runs in his 7 full-time season)

CF: Eric the Red

RF: Frank Robinson

C: Bench

 

Griffey simply didn't have the numbers as a Red.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.