Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-Time Reds line up

Featured Replies

1. Eric Davis LF

2. Joe Morgan 2B

3. Frank Robinson RF

4. Johnny Bench C

5. Ken Griffey Jr. CF

6. Joey Votto 1B

7. Pete Rose 3B

8. Barry Larkin SS

 

 

Not going to do you any good having Eric hitting in front of Joe.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RBI? Anyway I like Perez at 3rd and Votto at first.

 

G-PA-AB-R-H-2B-3B-HR-RBI-SB-CS-SO-BB-BA-OBP-SLG-OPS

Perez

CIN (16 yrs) 1948 7630 6846 936 1934 339 56 287 1192 39 28 671 1306 .283 .346 .474 .820

 

Big Klu

CIN (11 yrs) 1339 5403 4961 745 1499 244 23 251 886 20 8 406 292 .302 .357 .512 .869

 

Perez has the raw numbers in RBI, but I think it's more due to the fact that he played 5 more years than Klu, and his seasons' were longer. But, if you break it down on a per plate appearance, Ted has the advantage. Same thing with HR's.

 

An interesting thing that I noted was this, Tony struck out twice as much as he walked...while Ted had over 100 more walks than strikeouts! I love Big Doggie dearly, but after looking at these stats, I really wish I could have seen Kluszweski play.

G-PA-AB-R-H-2B-3B-HR-RBI-SB-CS-SO-BB-BA-OBP-SLG-OPS

Perez

CIN (16 yrs) 1948 7630 6846 936 1934 339 56 287 1192 39 28 671 1306 .283 .346 .474 .820

 

Big Klu

CIN (11 yrs) 1339 5403 4961 745 1499 244 23 251 886 20 8 406 292 .302 .357 .512 .869

 

Perez has the raw numbers in RBI, but I think it's more due to the fact that he played 5 more years than Klu, and his seasons' were longer. But, if you break it down on a per plate appearance, Ted has the advantage. Same thing with HR's.

 

An interesting thing that I noted was this, Tony struck out twice as much as he walked...while Ted had over 100 more walks than strikeouts! I love Big Doggie dearly, but after looking at these stats, I really wish I could have seen Kluszweski play.

 

There were 4 years in a row where Klu had more homeruns than strikeouts. It was very hard for me to leave him off of the all-time team.

Why is that?

 

 

Morgan hated it when people tried to steal when he was batting. Griffey was given the red light many times when he got on base.

1. Rose 3B ... I just can't put anyone else at leadoff. Rose was the epitome of a leadoff hitter, both statistically and the way he played.

2. Morgan 2B ... he had one of the most dominating runs of all time for any player in the mid-70's.

3. Robinson RF ... the worst trade in Reds history letting him go. He may be the 2nd best Red of all time, behind Bench.

4. Bench C ... greatest C of all time.

5. Griffey Jr. LF ... His stats as a Red are much better than many realize.

6. Davis CF ... it seems like a waste to have his speed here but I look at this as leadoff in the bottom of the order.

7. Larkin SS ... a great #2 type hitter so he fits as my bottom half 2 hole guy.

8. Perez 1B ... toughest decision on the team for me between him and Klu, or moving him to 3B and replacing one of my OF. My bottom lineup RBI guy to drive in the two above him. Plus, slowest guy on the team so put him here to keep the base paths flowing.

Morgan hated it when people tried to steal when he was batting. Griffey was given the red light many times when he got on base.

 

He'd have to deal with it if I were managing. He liked to steal bases himself, only fair to let the guy in front of him do it. If he didn't like it I'd flip Morgan and Rose, it isn't like this lineup would have trouble scoring runs no matter where they hit.

1. Rose 3B ... I just can't put anyone else at leadoff. Rose was the epitome of a leadoff hitter, both statistically and the way he played.

2. Morgan 2B ... he had one of the most dominating runs of all time for any player in the mid-70's.

3. Robinson RF ... the worst trade in Reds history letting him go. He may be the 2nd best Red of all time, behind Bench.

4. Bench C ... greatest C of all time.

5. Griffey Jr. LF ... His stats as a Red are much better than many realize.

6. Davis CF ... it seems like a waste to have his speed here but I look at this as leadoff in the bottom of the order.

7. Larkin SS ... a great #2 type hitter so he fits as my bottom half 2 hole guy.

8. Perez 1B ... toughest decision on the team for me between him and Klu, or moving him to 3B and replacing one of my OF. My bottom lineup RBI guy to drive in the two above him. Plus, slowest guy on the team so put him here to keep the base paths flowing.

 

Did Jr. play LF?

What stats are you using? I just couldn't put Klu in front of Doggie.

 

Perez: .48 runs per game; .99 hits per game; .17 doubles per game; .15 HR per game; .61 rbi per game and an OBPS of .820.

 

Klu: .56 runs per game; 1.12 hits per game; .18 doubles per game; .19 HR per game; .66 rbi per game and an OBPS of .869.

 

Plus Perez was in a MUCH better line-up with far more chances at RBI...and still....

Did Jr. play LF?

 

He will on this team. :)

 

I am picking the 3 best outfielders and going with it.

Perez: .48 runs per game; .99 hits per game; .17 doubles per game; .15 HR per game; .61 rbi per game and an OBPS of .820.

 

Klu: .56 runs per game; 1.12 hits per game; .18 doubles per game; .19 HR per game; .66 rbi per game and an OBPS of .869.

 

Plus Perez was in a MUCH better line-up with far more chances at RBI...and still....

 

And still no one considers a guy with these numbers:

.62 runs per game; .85 hits per game; .18 doubles per game; .25 HR per game; .59 rbi per game and an OBPS of .900.

 

Why taking the names off makes the exercise WAY more interesting. None of us can help our bias....yet McPhee and Pinson also get virtually no mentions.

Rose 3B

Morgan 2B

Robinson LF

Bench C

Griffey CF

Votto 1B

Dunn RF

Larkin SS

Rose 3B

Morgan 2B

Robinson LF

Bench C

Griffey CF

Votto 1B

Dunn RF

Larkin SS

 

You have to switch Dunn and Robinson in the outfield.

You have to switch Dunn and Robinson in the outfield.

 

Are you managing his team too?

Are you managing his team too?

 

Pointing out an obvious oversight. I didn't tell him any other things he had to change. I am sure it was a mistake on his part that he will change.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.