July 7, 201313 yr Maybe better, but not more intimidating. Agree that Chapman is more intimidating b/c batters are not real sure if he is gonna have control.
July 7, 201313 yr Maybe better, but not more intimidating. Why is Chapman intimidating? Is it because hitters aren't sure whether he's gonna throw a strike or throw at their head (control issue, not intentional)? I would say hitters are less intimidated by Chapman because of his control issues.
July 7, 201313 yr Why is Chapman intimidating? Is it because hitters aren't sure whether he's gonna throw a strike or throw at their head (control issue, not intentional)? I would say hitters are less intimidated by Chapman because of his control issues. No way. A guy throwing 100MPH with control issues is pretty damn intimidating.
July 7, 201313 yr Author Why is Chapman intimidating? Is it because hitters aren't sure whether he's gonna throw a strike or throw at their head (control issue, not intentional)? I would say hitters are less intimidated by Chapman because of his control issues. So you think a hitter would much rather step in the box against a guy that throws 100 mph, but sometimes doesn't know where the pitch is going than a guy that has much better control of where the ball is going? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
July 7, 201313 yr So you think a hitter would much rather step in the box against a guy that throws 100 mph, but sometimes doesn't know where the pitch is going than a guy that has much better control of where the ball is going? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I would say its more intimidating knowing you have a lesser chance of hitting the ball against Kimbrel. You all bagged on Chapman for control issues and vein hittable and now you say it's a compliment? Yeah okay he's intimidatin but for all the wrong reasons.
July 7, 201313 yr Author I would say its more intimidating knowing you have a lesser chance of hitting the ball against Kimbrel. You all bagged on Chapman for control issues and vein hittable and now you say it's a compliment? Yeah okay he's intimidatin but for all the wrong reasons. Players actually have a better chance of getting a hit off Kimbrel. Hitters are hitting .177 against Chapman, and .198 against Kimbrel.
July 7, 201313 yr Why is Chapman intimidating? Is it because hitters aren't sure whether he's gonna throw a strike or throw at their head (control issue, not intentional)? I would say hitters are less intimidated by Chapman because of his control issues. Did you play baseball? You aren't intimidated if a guy hits every spot. 100MPH isn't intimidating to these guys. 100MPH without control is extremely intimidating. You can say he has better stuff because he has better control and is a better pitcher, but there's no way he is more intimidating.
July 7, 201313 yr I would say its more intimidating knowing you have a lesser chance of hitting the ball against Kimbrel. You all bagged on Chapman for control issues and vein hittable and now you say it's a compliment? Yeah okay he's intimidatin but for all the wrong reasons. Wrong reasons? There's a term that fits Chapman perfectly and there's a reason you occasionally "hit the mascot". Effectively wild.
July 7, 201313 yr Did you play baseball? You aren't intimidated if a guy hits every spot. 100MPH isn't intimidating to these guys. 100MPH without control is extremely intimidating. You can say he has better stuff because he has better control and is a better pitcher, but there's no way he is more intimidating. Agree to disagree I suppose.
July 7, 201313 yr Why is Chapman intimidating? Is it because hitters aren't sure whether he's gonna throw a strike or throw at their head (control issue, not intentional)? I would say hitters are less intimidated by Chapman because of his control issues. You have already been set straight by everyone who has responded to this (yet you agree to disagree), but I will through in a pretty good reference on this one. Hank Aaron said the biggest obstacle to hitting is overcoming fear of being hit by a pitch.
July 7, 201313 yr Agree to disagree I suppose. Would you be more intimidated of striking out or an extended stay in the emergency room???
July 7, 201313 yr I would say its more intimidating knowing you have a lesser chance of hitting the ball against Kimbrel. You all bagged on Chapman for control issues and vein hittable and now you say it's a compliment? Yeah okay he's intimidatin but for all the wrong reasons. Most Major League hitters that play every day hit below .300 and strike out 100 times a season. They aren't intimidated by making an out or striking out. Chapman throws harder than anyone in the big leagues and doesn't always know where it is going. That is much more intimidating than someone who throws that hard and has great control. The scariest experience I ever had on a baseball field was against a pitcher like Chapman. I had to pinch hit off of Brett Roberts from Morehead State. Roberts was 6'7" and was the leading scorer for the MSU basketball team. He was also a LH pitcher that threw around 95 mph with questionable control. He went on to play 7 seasons in the Twins minor league system. I was a LH hitting freshman and tried to time up his fastball in the on deck circle and on the first pitch. I fouled the second one off hard down the right field line and thought I was okay. The next pitch was behind my head and the one after that was under my chin. Needless to say I couldn't even get the bat off of my shoulder on the curveball that followed. Much scarier than some other guys I batted off of that threw almost as hard.
July 7, 201313 yr You have already been set straight by everyone who has responded to this (yet you agree to disagree), but I will through in a pretty good reference on this one. Hank Aaron said the biggest obstacle to hitting is overcoming fear of being hit by a pitch. I've not been straight set on anything. Your opinion is that he's more intimidating but I've yet to see one price of factual information from players, managers, etc. that say he is more intimidating than Kimbrel.
July 7, 201313 yr Author I've not been straight set on anything. Your opinion is that he's more intimidating but I've yet to see one price of factual information from players, managers, etc. that say he is more intimidating than Kimbrel. Yes you have. You tried to use the argument that Kimbrel is harder to hit, and therefore should be more intimidating. I showed you facts that Chapman was harder to hit.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.