Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NL All Star Team

Featured Replies

 

Yes you have. You tried to use the argument that Kimbrel is harder to hit, and therefore should be more intimidating. I showed you facts that Chapman was harder to hit.

 

Both pitches have given up 22 hits this year and Kimbrel has pitched 3 2/3 innings less though. OBP and walks are higher for Chapman as a result of control issues I'd assume.

 

Your argument is based on BA. Of a .21 difference?

 

 

If anything they are very similar pitchers but you will not convince me Chapman is more intimidating until I see or hear it from baseball players and no from Reds fans.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

 

Both pitches have given up 22 hits this year and Kimbrel has pitched 3 2/3 innings less though. OBP and walks are higher for Chapman as a result of control issues I'd assume.

 

Your argument is based on BA. Of a .21 difference?

 

If anything they are very similar pitchers but you will not convince me Chapman is more intimidating until I see or hear it from baseball players and no from Reds fans.

 

That wasn't your argument. You stated Kimbrel should be more intimidating since he's harder to hit.

 

That wasn't your argument. You stated Kimbrel should be more intimidating since he's harder to hit.

 

My argument is that Chapman isn't as intimidating as you Reds fans make it seem. Because a guy throws hard but has no control he's intimidating? Was Rick Ankiel intimidating as a pitcher for the Cardinals?

My argument is that Chapman isn't as intimidating as you Reds fans make it seem. Because a guy throws hard but has no control he's intimidating? Was Rick Ankiel intimidating as a pitcher for the Cardinals?

 

I'm not a Reds fan. Chapman is easily more intimidating.

 

 

I don't recall Rick Ankiel throwing 100 MPH heat.

Both pitches have given up 22 hits this year and Kimbrel has pitched 3 2/3 innings less though. OBP and walks are higher for Chapman as a result of control issues I'd assume.

 

Your argument is based on BA. Of a .21 difference?

 

 

If anything they are very similar pitchers but you will not convince me Chapman is more intimidating until I see or hear it from baseball players and no from Reds fans.

 

Said the Braves fan.....:ohbrother:

Both pitches have given up 22 hits this year and Kimbrel has pitched 3 2/3 innings less though. OBP and walks are higher for Chapman as a result of control issues I'd assume.

 

Your argument is based on BA. Of a .21 difference?

 

 

If anything they are very similar pitchers but you will not convince me Chapman is more intimidating until I see or hear it from baseball players and no from Reds fans.

 

Just texted a guy that spent over 20 years in MLB as a player and coach. He said Chapman without question because he throws harder with sometimes questionable control. Case closed...

 

Just texted a guy that spent over 20 years in MLB as a player and coach. He said Chapman without question because he throws harder with sometimes questionable control. Case closed...

 

I just texted a guy who said the opposite, so I guess the case is open.

 

I'm not a Reds fan. Chapman is easily more intimidating.

 

I don't recall Rick Ankiel throwing 100 MPH heat.

 

94-97mph.

Just texted a guy that spent over 20 years in MLB as a player and coach. He said Chapman without question because he throws harder with sometimes questionable control. Case closed...

 

No doubt about it.

I just texted a guy who said the opposite, so I guess the case is open.

 

No you didn't...

 

No you didn't...

 

But I can say I did, just like you.

I just texted Crash Davis and he said Chapman was only selected to perturb HT and UKMF.

But I can say I did, just like you.

 

Here's the difference. I actually have former MLBers on speed dial. If you'd like I'll get a different one to say it on the radio show tomorrow at 6. Deal???

I'm wearing ear plugs waiting for this name to drop...

 

:isurrender:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.