Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dodgers /Diamondbacks brawl

Featured Replies

He absolutely threw at Grienke's head and I have zero problem with it.

 

Intentionally throwing at the head is a dangerous precedent. Intentionally throwing at a pitcher at all is a no-no. Kennedy will get his tower buzzed the next time he comes up to bat against the Dodgers. Will you have a problem with that or also fair game?

  • Replies 103
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most players? Absolutely have a huge problem with it. Grienke? Absolutely not. Look at the dude's history. He's a punk. Sometimes you gotta teach someone the hard way before they learn.

 

So you're okay with the possibility of serious injury to Greinke? One that could possibly end his career if it's bad enough? Sure seems like you are taking it to the extreme of teaching a lesson. If your future kids stay up 5 minutes too late at night whats the punishment for that? Lashing? That'll teach them.

I think most people, including MLB, will feel like these are just old school baseball guys being old school baseball guys.

 

Personally, i do not have a problem with it. It is nice to see some people with passion for the game and for their teammates. I think in today's society we don't compete hard enough any way. I think we are crippling our youth by not teaching competition. There are winners and losers in life every day and we don't teach that now. I have lost a lot of battles in my life, but i have always got up dusted myself off and came back for more! This current generation doesn't get that!!! I love the old school guys passion last night!!

Intentionally throwing at the head is a dangerous precedent. Intentionally throwing at a pitcher at all is a no-no. Kennedy will get his tower buzzed the next time he comes up to bat against the Dodgers. Will you have a problem with that or also fair game?

 

No problem with it at all. He's got one coming and he knows it.

 

He showed he's got a pair. Consequences be darned, I'm sticking up for my guys. That's the kind of guy I want beside me if I'm a player.

So you're okay with the possibility of serious injury to Greinke? One that could possibly end his career if it's bad enough? Sure seems like you are taking it to the extreme of teaching a lesson. If your future kids stay up 5 minutes too late at night whats the punishment for that? Lashing? That'll teach them.

 

Look at his history. He'll never learn, and is going to hurt someone if someone doesn't do something about it. Kennedy stepped up and did. I'll bet ya anything Grienke tones it down from here on out now.

Look at his history. He'll never learn, and is going to hurt someone if someone doesn't do something about it. Kennedy stepped up and did. I'll bet ya anything Grienke tones it down from here on out now.

 

Greinke has done it the right way. (yes there is a right way to hit people) He's thrown at the back/rib/elbow area. Kennedy threw at a guy's head! That's the way to get someone hurt, more so than the way Greinke has done it.

If you watched the replays, you could obviously tell the Puig ball got away from him. Watch his and Montero's reactions. No way was he going for his head.

 

He absolutely threw at Grienke's head and I have zero problem with it.

 

Grienke is a punk, end of story. They've been involved in two bench clearing brawls this season, both because of that tool. He's going to get himself or teammates hurt (again).

 

Speaks volumes. There's a code, he crossed the line. Condoning anyone getting thrown at with a 90+ mph fastball to the head quite possibly could be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Greinke did it right. Square up the numbers. To say otherwise is simply lacking the knowledge of how things work.

No problem with it at all. He's got one coming and he knows it.

 

He showed he's got a pair. Consequences be darned, I'm sticking up for my guys. That's the kind of guy I want beside me if I'm a player.

 

You're praising Kennedy for doing the exact same thing Grienke did, with the exception that Grienke went about it the right way.

I dislike Greinke more than just about anyone in the league. UKMF I couldn't agree more that the kid is an absolute punk and every time he starts I hope he's rocked. But I can't say that I don't care about him getting thrown at around the face area.

 

I'm all about competitive pitchers who protect their players but Kennedy crossed the line, end of story.

Speaks volumes. There's a code, he crossed the line. Condoning anyone getting thrown at with a 90+ mph fastball to the head quite possibly could be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Greinke did it right. Square up the numbers. To say otherwise is simply lacking the knowledge of how things work.

 

Exactly. As much as I can't stand him at least he didn't put anyone's livelihood in jeopardy.

Speaks volumes. There's a code, he crossed the line. Condoning anyone getting thrown at with a 90+ mph fastball to the head quite possibly could be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Greinke did it right. Square up the numbers. To say otherwise is simply lacking the knowledge of how things work.

 

 

Agreed, they should have kicked Kennedys behind.

If you watched Montero's reaction after Kennedy hitting Greinke, it looks like he had an oh crap moment. He didn't want Greinke to get hit in the head, and I don't blame him

If you watched Montero's reaction after Kennedy hitting Greinke, it looks like he had an oh crap moment. He didn't want Greinke to get hit in the head, and I don't blame him

 

I don't care what Montero's reaction was, did you see Kennedy's? Just started walking straight to the dugout because he knew he'd be tossed. He meant to hit Greinke and he meant to do it at his head.

I don't care what Montero's reaction was, did you see Kennedy's? Just started walking straight to the dugout because he knew he'd be tossed. He meant to hit Greinke and he meant to do it at his head.

 

I know he meant to hit Greinke in the head. Montero knew it too, he was mad at Kennedy for doing it. He was even trying to apologize to Greinke for it

I'll tell you who I think the biggest fool out of the whole deal was. Mattingly. For sending Greinke to bat in the bottom of the 7th, knowing he's going to get drilled after drilling the Dbacks catcher, and having no intention of him pitching in the 8th. THEN he let him run the bases. He does a take out slide on Gregorious at 2b. Greinke asks for it a lot. He'll get more thrown his way. That being said.....you never throw at anyone above the ribs. Kennedy should know better. If I'm Gibson, I'm kicking his butt myself after the game. There's a right way, and a wrong way, and that is definitely wrong. McGwire looked like pure 'roid rage to me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.