June 14, 201313 yr 10 games = 2 starts. If I used my brain I would have followed along from the beginning. :thumb:
June 14, 201313 yr He started the whole thing. Why does everyone keep overlooking that? Yes or no question....If Grienke doesn't hit Ross, does the brawl ever happen? How do you figure? What started the whole thing was Puig getting hit in the face. Whether Grienke hit Ross on purpose or not is irrelevant. If Kennedy retaliates in Puig's back it may have been over. When he went to the face it was back on. I'm not sure how you keep overlooking the fact that being hit and being hit in the face or having it thrown at your head are two totally different things in MLB. It's mindboggling.
June 14, 201313 yr Kennedy hit 2 guys in the head.... once is too much, twice is just uncalled for. Nobody deserves to get hit in the head. Greinke might have gotten off easy but Kennedy deserved everything he got.
June 14, 201313 yr Ross was hit unintentionally. I still think Puig gets hit intentionally and the events unfold as they did. Once again you are the only person in America to think Ross was hit intentionally...oh wait, you don't even think he was hit intentionally... so I fail to see how you are arguing that Puig was retaliation (because that is what you are arguing) So you really think Kennedy would've drilled Puig had Grienke never hit anyone first? And as I said before, the Dodgers have to understand what his reputation is. If he hits anyone, there's a very good chance (whether it was intentional or not) that one of them is getting dotted as retaliation. He's earned himself that reputation and it's one the Dodgers have to live with. I did enjoy hearing the Dodgers say yesterday that "it isn't over". If that's the way they want to be, next time he pitches against them, I drill Grienke in the hand. Hey, it's not the head, so it should be okay.
June 14, 201313 yr How do you figure? What started the whole thing was Puig getting hit in the face. Whether Grienke hit Ross on purpose or not is irrelevant. If Kennedy retaliates in Puig's back it may have been over. When he went to the face it was back on. I'm not sure how you keep overlooking the fact that being hit and being hit in the face or having it thrown at your head are two totally different things in MLB. It's mindboggling. Anyone who watched it could clearly see he didn't go for Puig's head. He's led baseball in HBP the past 3 seasons. Dude doesn't have good control. Puig getting hit should've ended it, but Grienke just has to have the last say. Good to see Kennedy stand up for his guys.
June 14, 201313 yr Anyone who watched it could clearly see he didn't go for Puig's head. He's led baseball in HBP the past 3 seasons. Dude doesn't have good control. Puig getting hit should've ended it, but Grienke just has to have the last say. Good to see Kennedy stand up for his guys. :banghead: You don't let your young star get hit in the face. Doesn't happen, nor should it. If you can't figure that out, there's no point in having this conversation. The fact that you are defending a guy that threw at someone's head tells me all I need to know. And we ALL know the intent of that pitch.
June 14, 201313 yr :banghead: You don't let your young star get hit in the face. Doesn't happen, nor should it. If you can't figure that out, there's no point in having this conversation. The fact that you are defending a guy that threw at someone's head tells me all I need to know. And we ALL know the intent of that pitch. You're really trying to tell me he tried to hit Puig in the head? You can't watch the reactions and possibly logically come to that conclusion.
June 14, 201313 yr You're really trying to tell me he tried to hit Puig in the head? You can't watch the reactions and possibly logically come to that conclusion. He tried to plunk Grienke in the head. Good grief.
June 14, 201313 yr He tried to plunk Grienke in the head. Good grief. Who said he didn't? You said "we ALL know the intent of that pitch" regarding the Puig plunking....There's no way you could logically come to that conclusion if you watched it happen.
June 14, 201313 yr So you really think Kennedy would've drilled Puig had Grienke never hit anyone first? I thought your stance was that he didn't hit Puig on purpose? What should the unintentional hitting of Ross have to do with anything? It's one thing to believe Greinke is in the wrong for whatever he did. Fine. Drill him in the back. What everyone in this thread is arguing with you is that you DO NOT THROW AT THE HEAD INTENTIONALLY. Set aside the Puig hit entirely. Assume that Greinke hit Ross intentionally as well as Montero if you'd like (even though we know Ross was unintentional), so now Greinke has it coming for hitting two guys "on purpose". You do not throw at the head for a retribution pitch and that's ironclad. I don't care how much he may deserve to get hit. BTW, in one of your earlier posts you referenced how many HBP Kennedy has. If he can't control it, then he has no business throwing high and inside on a batter. Because if he hits a guy around the face he can expect that unintentional or not someone on his team is getting plunked.
June 14, 201313 yr I thought your stance was that he didn't hit Puig on purpose? What should the unintentional hitting of Ross have to do with anything? It's one thing to believe Greinke is in the wrong for whatever he did. Fine. Drill him in the back. What everyone in this thread is arguing with you is that you DO NOT THROW AT THE HEAD INTENTIONALLY. Set aside the Puig hit entirely. Assume that Greinke hit Ross intentionally as well as Montero if you'd like (even though we know Ross was unintentional), so now Greinke has it coming for hitting two guys "on purpose". You do not throw at the head for a retribution pitch and that's ironclad. I don't care how much he may deserve to get hit. BTW, in one of your earlier posts you referenced how many HBP Kennedy has. If he can't control it, then he has no business throwing high and inside on a batter. Because if he hits a guy around the face he can expect that unintentional or not someone on his team is getting plunked. I disagree. When it comes to Grienke, he deserves whatever he gets and then some. I personally would go for his hands though.
June 14, 201313 yr I disagree. When it comes to Grienke, he deserves whatever he gets and then some. I personally would go for his hands though. And I guess that's where we are, agreeing to disagree. I do believe that the argument in this thread boils down to that fundamental issue. Your side believes it is OK to throw at the head in that situation and therefore don't understand the disparity in the suspensions. Ours does not so it makes perfect sense.
June 14, 201313 yr And I guess that's where we are, agreeing to disagree. I do believe that the argument in this thread boils down to that fundamental issue. Your side believes it is OK to throw at the head in that situation and therefore don't understand the disparity in the suspensions. Ours does not so it makes perfect sense. My man!
June 15, 201313 yr If Kennedy never hit Greinke in the head and just the back there most likely would have been no brawl
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.