Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dodgers /Diamondbacks brawl

Featured Replies

I'll tell you who I think the biggest fool out of the whole deal was. Mattingly. For sending Greinke to bat in the bottom of the 7th, knowing he's going to get drilled after drilling the Dbacks catcher, and having no intention of him pitching in the 8th. THEN he let him run the bases. He does a take out slide on Gregorious at 2b. Greinke asks for it a lot. He'll get more thrown his way. That being said.....you never throw at anyone above the ribs. Kennedy should know better. If I'm Gibson, I'm kicking his butt myself after the game. There's a right way, and a wrong way, and that is definitely wrong. McGwire looked like pure 'roid rage to me.

 

As to the bolded, Mattingly even stated after the game that it should have been finished when Montero got hit. Puig got hit then Montero. That should have concluded the beanings. So to say Mattingly knew Greinke was going to get hit isn't exactly fair or true.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As to the bolded, Mattingly even stated after the game that it should have been finished when Montero got hit. Puig got hit then Montero. That should have concluded the beanings. So to say Mattingly knew Greinke was going to get hit isn't exactly fair or true.

 

No it shouldn't have. Mattingly's an idiot if he really thought that. You hit Ross, Puig gets hit, that ends it. You hit Montero and that starts it back up again.

As to the bolded, Mattingly even stated after the game that it should have been finished when Montero got hit. Puig got hit then Montero. That should have concluded the beanings. So to say Mattingly knew Greinke was going to get hit isn't exactly fair or true.

 

No I think him out to the shooting gallery to get it going again. He's vying for his job, and if his team doesn't get fired up and win some games, he's done. He didn't send Greinke out to pitch in the 8th again why? And why did he run the bases? He was trying to start it up AGAIN. Mattingly is way too baseball smart to think the beanings were done. He knew exactly what would happen.

No it shouldn't have. Mattingly's an idiot if he really thought that. You hit Ross, Puig gets hit, that ends it. You hit Montero and that starts it back up again.

 

Exactly. And the catcher to boot. You know it's going to go again.

No I think him out to the shooting gallery to get it going again. He's vying for his job, and if his team doesn't get fired up and win some games, he's done. He didn't send Greinke out to pitch in the 8th again why? And why did he run the bases? He was trying to start it up AGAIN. Mattingly is way too baseball smart to think the beanings were done. He knew exactly what would happen.

 

 

Couldn't agree more....Adding to that, did anyone else notice how quickly the dugouts cleared? Seems everyone on both sides knew it was time to throw down.

No it shouldn't have. Mattingly's an idiot if he really thought that. You hit Ross, Puig gets hit, that ends it. You hit Montero and that starts it back up again.

 

I didn't see the Ross beaning. Was it blatantly intentional? If so then I'll admit I am wrong and Mattingly is the idiot here. Just can't comment on what I didn't see.

Grienke should know better from the last incident.

 

 

But either way each team hits once and it's done. I applaud Ian Kennedy for not backing down and standing up for his.

 

Grienke thinks he can just do whatever he wants, or so it seems. He seems like a punk.

I didn't see the Ross beaning. Was it blatantly intentional? If so then I'll admit I am wrong and Mattingly is the idiot here. Just can't comment on what I didn't see.

 

Didn't look that intentional. Hit him in the hand...Problem is, with Grienke's reputation it's always going to be seen as intentional. That's why I keep harping on his history coming into play.

 

If it wasn't intentional, I would think the Puig beaning would've ended it.

A straight plunk and it's over. As soon as you go above the shoulders I'm getting someone else. Those two are not equal.

Didn't look that intentional. Hit him in the hand...Problem is, with Grienke's reputation it's always going to be seen as intentional. That's why I keep harping on his history coming into play.

 

If it wasn't intentional, I would think the Puig beaning would've ended it.

 

I'll look for video of Ross getting hit. I do understand about Greinke's rep but the part of your post I'm confused about (I could just be over thinking it) is you say if Greinke didn't intentional hit Ross then Kennedy intentionally hitting Puig should have ended it. I would think that wouldn't be the end if you have an unintentional then intentional HBP.

A straight plunk and it's over. As soon as you go above the shoulders I'm getting someone else. Those two are not equal.

 

If he had tried to to that with Puig, I MIGHT agree. It was clear he didn't.

I'll look for video of Ross getting hit. I do understand about Greinke's rep but the part of your post I'm confused about (I could just be over thinking it) is you say if Greinke didn't intentional hit Ross then Kennedy intentionally hitting Puig should have ended it. I would think that wouldn't be the end if you have an unintentional then intentional HBP.

 

What I'm saying is, with his reputation, the Dodgers have to realize if he plunks a guy, someone is getting dotted, whether it was originally intentional or not.

If he had tried to to that with Puig, I MIGHT agree. It was clear he didn't.

 

There's only one person that knows his intent.

 

And how could you not agree that hitting someone in the hand and hitting someone in the face isn't equal? Makes no sense.

As my old college coach used to tell pitchers, "Let me hit you in the back then hit you in the face and tell me if you think there's a difference."

If this was softball, the foul lines would've shifted to roughly 2' to the left and right of the pitcher's mound lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.