Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Government Monitors Your Calls

Featured Replies

I think it's safe to say the GOP has lost it's credibility as a party for a "smaller government".

 

My boy Rand Paul voted the right way and I know he represents the younger GOP more than anyone.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The govt said this morning that they have not listened to any calls. They are tracking which numbers were called by suspected terrorists.

 

Anyone specifically? Is it kind of like when the govt said it was two individual IRS agents in a Cincy office that discriminated against tea party organizations? Is it kind of like when the govt said those warriors and govt officials were murdered because of a youtube video?

I think it's safe to say the GOP has lost it's credibility as a party for a "smaller government".

 

That happened a long, long time ago. Of course they could argue that "smaller" is relative and they'd represent the least intrusive government. Of course, both parties want to intrude, just in different ways.

Not a big deal to me. If this stops any terroristic activity, I'm good with it.

Not a big deal to me. If this stops any terroristic activity' date=' I'm good with it.[/quote']

 

But where does it stop? As someone mentioned, just look at the IRS scandal. Someone, or some agency could dislike your political views and go in and find any little thing they don't like. There has to be accountability.

the Guy in charge promised " I'll radically change America"

the Guy in charge promised, "I'll radically change America"

 

 

True. But there's a lot of blue and red "yay" votes on this page. Both sides are equally despicable.

 

H.R. 5949 (112th): FISA Amendments Act Reauthorization Act of 2012 (On Passage of the Bill) -- GovTrack.us

  • Author

White House Defends Phone-Record Tracking as 'Critical Tool' - WSJ.com

 

Under this same rubric the NSA monitors Google and Facebook's servers (which I believe includes all of your communication on there, from searches to chats) and credit card companies.

 

NSA also obtains access to data from Internet service providers on Internet use such as data about email or website visits, several former officials said. NSA has established similar relationships with credit-card companies, three former officials said.

the Guy in charge promised " I'll radically change America"

 

You know things are really, really bad when both MSNBC.com and the NYT question a democratic administration's credibility in the same week.

True. But there's a lot of blue and red "yay" votes on this page. Both sides are equally despicable.

 

H.R. 5949 (112th): FISA Amendments Act Reauthorization Act of 2012 (On Passage of the Bill) -- GovTrack.us

 

True but only one guy is in charge . And that guy ranted against EXACTLY what he is supporting as a president when he was a senator in 2005 . 100% polar opposite when he was in the senate as Bush was prez .

  • Author
I'm at the other end. In a digital era, privacy is impossible.

 

I think you're right and it makes me uneasy. :lol2:

I think you're right and it makes me uneasy. :lol2:

 

Change your Facebook privacy settings and you'll be fine. Copy and paste it and pass it on so everyone else can get their privacy back also. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.