Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yasiel Puig

Featured Replies

Anybody see this kid from the Dodgers? He is going to be a superstar. He's played 2 games and is absolutely raking. Also the other day he doubled up a guy on first after catching a ball at the base of the wall to end the game. In sprig training this guy hit over .500! Love me some Yasiel even though I hate the Dodgers.Yasiel Puig blasts two home runs in his second MLB game | For The Win

  • Replies 48
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody see this kid from the Dodgers? He is going to be a superstar. He's played 2 games and is absolutely raking. Also the other day he doubled up a guy on first after catching a ball at the base of the wall to end the game. In sprig training this guy hit over .500! Love me some Yasiel even though I hate the Dodgers.Yasiel Puig blasts two home runs in his second MLB game | For The Win

 

 

He looks like he's going to be a great one. I wonder if he'll be able to jump start the Dodgers much like Trout did with the Angels last year.

  • Author
He looks like he's going to be a great one. I wonder if he'll be able to jump start the Dodgers much like Trout did with the Angels last year.

 

I think the Dodgers are still a long shot to get it going this year. But if they can trade some of those other "superstars" at the deadline and get a solid young squad, this team could be dangerous down the road.

Let's see if he can consistently hit the breaking ball before we put him into Cooperstown. Otherwise, he will be Willy Mo Pena II.

Let's see if he can consistently hit the breaking ball before we put him into Cooperstown. Otherwise, he will be Willy Mo Pena II.

 

Consistently is the only question. I have seen clips of him and half the highlights I have seen he is hammering off speed stuff. Big guy, 5 tool ... Puig is the next young superstar .... Harper ... Trout ... Puig.

NL ROY right now may be Shelby Miller and Yasiel Puig.

 

But yeah this guy needs to prove he can be patient at the plate. I think I read he didn't have a walk in Spring Training this year (though he did hit something ridiculous like .517) so that has to get better. Right now though this is fun to watch and I hope he amounts to the hype. Having guys like him, Trout, Harper, Taveras, ect. makes the game more exciting.

  • Author

From what I've seen I'll take him over Harper. Trout still to me is a freak of nature. Puig might have a bit more power.

Read an article about him during Spring Training. He is supposed to be for real, I'm hoping he can live up to the hype.

I agree he is a talent. My point is that he needs to be patient at the plate and baseball needs to be patient with him. Especially, that he has now been deemed the savior for the Dodgers season. If he has a weakness at the plate, technology will find it and will make it part of scouting reports. It would not surprise me to see him have a few good weeks or so and then hit a slump that in theory could temporarily put him back in the minors to "fix something".

  • Author

took him 4 games to get his first grand slam... :lol2:

Not only does he launch the ball but when he hits bombs that bat goes farther than the ball.

Let's see if he can consistently hit the breaking ball before we put him into Cooperstown. Otherwise, he will be Willy Mo Pena II.

 

I guess he hit that breaking ball pretty well.:notworthy:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.