Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recruiting 2015

Featured Replies

  • Author
Henry Ellenson announced yesterday that Kentucky is in his top 3. Others are Marquette, and can't remember the last one. Brother will be eligible to play basketball at Marquette the same year he will be able to go there. Probably a Marquette lean.

 

Most likely Wisconsin. That is where he is from and they have been recruiting him a long time. I could see him going there. I really hope UK gets this kid.

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 159.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most likely Wisconsin. That is where he is from and they have been recruiting him a long time. I could see him going there. I really hope UK gets this kid.

 

Really love your opinion on recruits, so am curious what it is in his game that you see that makes you think "love to get him"? What one or two skills stand out?

  • Author
Really love your opinion on recruits, so am curious what it is in his game that you see that makes you think "love to get him"? What one or two skills stand out?

 

I tend to really like the player that is hard nosed, plays both ends of the court, and does the little things that really help the team, which don't always show up in the stats. It is not all about points. He will play the role that the team needs in that game to win. Love his demeanor on the court, every team needs this type of player. He fits this bill. I can see him and Ulius doing great things together at UK.

I tend to really like the player that is hard nosed, plays both ends of the court, and does the little things that really help the team, which don't always show up in the stats. It is not all about points. He will play the role that the team needs in that game to win. Love his demeanor on the court, every team needs this type of player. He fits this bill. I can see him and Ulius doing great things together at UK.

 

Gotcha.

 

If he's committed to being a team player and refining his game in the same way that Ulis seems to be, then I think we're talking about a real player.

 

Looking at some of his highlight tapes (which obviously don't tell the whole story, especially for a kid like this), I didn't get it as much, but I see what you're saying now for sure. Ellenson looks really skilled, but I'd probably fall out of my seat if I saw him bruise his forehead on a breakaway dunk.

 

In terms of how the big analysts like Chad Ford, etc. who get paid to talk about kid's professional potential, how does Ellenson project? Not saying that UK shouldn't pursue him, because tons of collegiate players (i.e., Tim Tebow) don't always project to the American professional levels making millions, but where does he project?

 

I'd think if he's got that kind of potential, that UK is a much better "finishing school" than Marquette, Wisconsin, or most all of the others offering him, no doubts about that.

  • Author
Gotcha.

 

If he's committed to being a team player and refining his game in the same way that Ulis seems to be, then I think we're talking about a real player.

Looking at some of his highlight tapes (which obviously don't tell the whole story, especially for a kid like this), I didn't get it as much, but I see what you're saying now for sure. Ellenson looks really skilled, but I'd probably fall out of my seat if I saw him bruise his forehead on a breakaway dunk.

 

In terms of how the big analysts like Chad Ford, etc. who get paid to talk about kid's professional potential, how does Ellenson project? Not saying that UK shouldn't pursue him, because tons of collegiate players (i.e., Tim Tebow) don't always project to the American professional levels making millions, but where does he project?

 

I'd think if he's got that kind of potential, that UK is a much better "finishing school" than Marquette, Wisconsin, or most all of the others offering him, no doubts about that.

 

Agree that his highlight tapes doesn't show the real type of player that he is IMO. Most highlight tapes are points and dunks. I can see him staying mostly likely in the 2- 4 year range. Most thought Willy would stay 4, but could have left after 2, so with Cal coaching him, it is hard to project. I think he can be a real player, that some will say....where did this kid come from.

SG Antonio Blakeney has committed to UL.

UK has in-home visits today with Malik Newman and Jaylen Brown. Today's a pretty critical day for this recruiting class.

  • Author
UK has in-home visits today with Malik Newman and Jaylen Brown. Today's a pretty critical day for this recruiting class.

I thought they were tomorrow...?? Also have a few more later this week. Big recruiting week this week for all colleges.

I thought they were tomorrow...?? Also have a few more later this week. Big recruiting week this week for all colleges.

 

You're correct, it is tomorrow. My mistake. But those two visits are especially crucial for this class. Brown more so than Newman in my mind.

Saw Jawun Evans at the Original House of Pancakes in Champaign, having breakfast with John Groce and staff Sunday morning.

Saw Jawun Evans at the Original House of Pancakes in Champaign, having breakfast with John Groce and staff Sunday morning.

 

My favorite PG in the class...

My favorite PG in the class...

 

Would love to see the Illini land him.

 

Any clue on how he's leaning?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.