Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Pitino Gets His Tattoo

Featured Replies

So that's exactly my point. I can understand that UK fans don't throw flowers at his feet anymore, but I don't get the ones tossing bombs at him.

 

Those bombs are being tossed both ways.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To use a line by 02Ram54, Richie plead not guilty and I believe him. BTW, this still is America isn't it. Innocent until proven guilty.

The Feds are going nail Farmer's mustache to the wall. Just for the record.

I am a UK fan and tried to root for the Cards, but during the game I found that I just could not do it. My only dislike for Pitino is that he coaches our (UK's) biggest rival. Pitino did something that Rupp, Hall and Sutton could not...he made my dad a UK Basketball fan. Dad never had any interest in basketball at all until he watched a couple of games of the cats running and gunning under Pitino, so for that I am forever grateful.

Should his Jersey come down...no way! He restored UK to national prominence won a title and set up a second one. He has often said his biggest mistake career wise was leaving to go to Boston.

 

Should Ritchie's Jersey come down...I am leaning that way...he had the highest sense of entitlement I've ever seen, going back to his HS days. If guilty, pull it down. IMO

The Feds are going nail Farmer's mustache to the wall. Just for the record.

 

But he plead not guilty.

I am a UK fan and tried to root for the Cards, but during the game I found that I just could not do it. My only dislike for Pitino is that he coaches our (UK's) biggest rival. Pitino did something that Rupp, Hall and Sutton could not...he made my dad a UK Basketball fan. Dad never had any interest in basketball at all until he watched a couple of games of the cats running and gunning under Pitino, so for that I am forever grateful.

Should his Jersey come down...no way! He restored UK to national prominence won a title and set up a second one. He has often said his biggest mistake career wise was leaving to go to Boston.

 

Should Ritchie's Jersey come down...I am leaning that way...he had the highest sense of entitlement I've ever seen, going back to his HS days. If guilty, pull it down. IMO

 

Richie was framed

Glad Rick is a better person, however, the baby that he paid to have murder wasn't so furtunate.

 

It is officially time to remove his jersey from the Rupp Arena rafters.

 

I'm alright with the salt idea but for every decision there is a consequence. If anyone knows this it's Mr. Pitino, he knows exactly what he is doing. He did it for two reasons, the consequence of this action is his jersey/name should be removed from the rafters of Rupp Arena.

 

1. I agree because UK has more class than me.

2. If you think that wouldn't bother that egomanic you are nuts. Rick is all about Rick, he wouldn't act like it but it would kill him inside.

 

 

That's a bunch of crap. Then remove Rupp's name off the arena and take his banner down for being a racist.

 

 

 

Class my hind end.

That he is getting a tattoo.

 

Act like you have been there before, 1996"

 

Should have added OSER to the rest of it.

That's a bunch of crap. Then remove Rupp's name off the arena and take his banner down for being a racist.

 

 

 

Class my hind end.

 

Can you help me out here? You quoted me three times, is everything I said a bunch of crap or just the class part? And I would argue that Rupp is no more of a racist than most of the slave owners who's pictures grace most of our currency. Would you like to remove them also? Heck until the 1960's every president allowed us to force black people to sit at the back of buses and drink from separate water fountains. Should we remove all of these racist's names off everything they are on?

 

Or should we just assume that you hold a basketball coach to a higher standard than our presidents? How about we just drop the racist CRAP and agree that our country has changed much for the better over the last 50 years.

Can you help me out here? You quoted me three times, is everything I said a bunch of crap or just the class part? And I would argue that Rupp is no more of a racist than most of the slave owners who's pictures grace most of our currency. Would you like to remove them also? Heck until the 1960's every president allowed us to force black people to sit at the back of buses and drink from separate water fountains. Should we remove all of these racist's names off everything they are on?

 

Or should we just assume that you hold a basketball coach to a higher standard than our presidents? How about we just drop the racist CRAP and agree that our country has changed much for the better over the last 50 years.

 

 

You said Rick had an abortion so take his name out of the rafters. That's a moral issue and it isn't against the law. I say if Rick comes down then Rupp does too. At least when Rick committed his moral issue violation he wasn't the head coach of UK. That's all. Save your racial inequality speech for some other time.

And Richie shouldn't come down either. What they did after they took the uniform off shouldn't take away from what they did in the uniform.

And Richie shouldn't come down either. What they did after they took the uniform off shouldn't take away from what they did in the uniform.

 

I say take Pitinos name off until he gets a UK tat on the other shoulder.

 

But better yet take it down because he coaches for the enemy. Send it to UL and save money for their banner.

Any other team but duke and north carolina I can handle.

  • Author

You guys will get over it one day...

The notion that Pitino's banner should come down is laughable. If you don't like him now, that's your prerogative I suppose. There's no denying what he did for UK and for that, he belongs in the rafters till the end of time. That's really all I have to say about that.

 

On the tattoo, I'm with a few of the others, I think the Cardinal head would've been cooler than the L logo. Gotta hand it to Rick though, he followed through. I sure as heck wouldn't have done it!

I like Rick. Always have, always will.

 

Is he an arrogant arse. Yes, but how many great coaches aren't a little full of themselves.

 

What he did at UK was fantastic. So what he left.

 

Thanks to him for all he did here.

You guys will get over it one day...

 

I don't think so.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.