Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Pitino Gets His Tattoo

Featured Replies

Drew Franklin posted a couple of pics of tattoos that Rick almost decided to get.

 

Ricky P.jpg

  • Replies 75
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drew Franklin posted a couple of pics of tattoos that Rick almost decided to get.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39793[/ATTACH]

 

 

I can't make out the one on top, but the Pat Forde one is hilarious.

Hate all you want, but Pitino is a better person having gone through the humiliation of the Sypher mess.

 

He was embarrassed by what happened in Boston, but it wasn't nearly as big a blow to his self-image and ego. When he says that his greatest regret in life is not becoming a more humble person sooner, I think that was the catalyst. He's just a different person now.

Hate all you want, but Pitino is a better person having gone through the humiliation of the Sypher mess.

 

He was embarrassed by what happened in Boston, but it wasn't nearly as big a blow to his self-image and ego. When he says that his greatest regret in life is not becoming a more humble person sooner, I think that was the catalyst. He's just a different person now.

 

Look, Rick has come back from the Sypher situation in a way I never imagined. He's established himself among the great coaches in college basketball history. I truly believe that.

 

But humility? In no way do I believe the man has an ounce of humility. This quote, offered after Syracuse announced its Big East departure, sums it up for me:

 

"My problem is not them leaving," he (Pitino) said. "My problem is you did it in 48 hours. Don't run away with a girl after one date when you've been dating someone else for three or four years. You've been dating this woman for 30 years, show a little respect."

 

Humility?

 

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Like I said, hate all you want. Doesn't change what I said.

 

In my opinion, a Rick Pitino without an ounce of humility could never have developed Russ Smith. The man he was in 2009 would not have won this title.

 

Last thing I'll say, and then I'm off this topic: it's a matter of degree. I'm not saying that Rick is about to take a vow of poverty and start washing the feet of the poor, but is he happier and less arrogant now than he was four years ago? Yes.

Like I said, hate all you want. Doesn't change what I said.

 

In my opinion, a Rick Pitino without an ounce of humility could never have developed Russ Smith. The man he was in 2009 would not have won this title.

 

Last thing I'll say, and then I'm off this topic: it's a matter of degree. I'm not saying that Rick is about to take a vow of poverty and start washing the feet of the poor, but is he happier and less arrogant now than he was four years ago? Yes.

 

Oh, I will continue to hate. :lol2:

 

I don't know what Pitino 2009 would have done with this team. He had a darn good team that year that simply got beat in a single-game elimination tournament. That happens to a lot of other teams that are really good. And he got beat by a team with another coach who is one of the best. Perhaps he has improved himself & perhaps he's the same coach...I have no idea.

 

But in no way do I believe the man could be accurately described as humble.

Oh, I will continue to hate. :lol2:

 

:no:

 

All that hate... let it go, Randy... let it go.

:no:

 

All that hate... let it go, Randy... let it go.

 

:lol2::thumb:

Hate all you want, but Pitino is a better person having gone through the humiliation of the Sypher mess.

 

He was embarrassed by what happened in Boston, but it wasn't nearly as big a blow to his self-image and ego. When he says that his greatest regret in life is not becoming a more humble person sooner, I think that was the catalyst. He's just a different person now.

 

Glad Rick is a better person, however, the baby that he paid to have murder wasn't so furtunate.

 

It is officially time to remove his jersey from the Rupp Arena rafters.

  • Author

The salt. :lol2:

The salt. :lol2:

 

I'm alright with the salt idea but for every decision there is a consequence. If anyone knows this it's Mr. Pitino, he knows exactly what he is doing. He did it for two reasons, the consequence of this action is his jersey/name should be removed from the rafters of Rupp Arena.

  • Author
I'm alright with the salt idea but for every decision there is a consequence. If anyone knows this it's Mr. Pitino, he knows exactly what he is doing. He did it for two reasons, the consequence of this action is his jersey/name should be removed from the rafters of Rupp Arena.

 

1. Won't happen.

2. Don't think he'd lose too much sleep over it.

1. Won't happen.

2. Don't think he'd lose too much sleep over it.

 

1. I agree because UK has more class than me.

2. If you think that wouldn't bother that egomanic you are nuts. Rick is all about Rick, he wouldn't act like it but it would kill him inside.

I have said before, that it saddens me as someone who was a huge Pitino fan to see he go from an all time UK hero to all time UK vilian. I find it even more disturbing that he almost seems to relish it in but that just goes back to the "look at me" attitude.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.