Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Pitino Gets His Tattoo

Featured Replies

  • Author
1. I agree because UK has more class than me.

2. If you think that wouldn't bother that egomanic you are nuts. Rick is all about Rick, he wouldn't act like it but it would kill him inside.

 

It would bother anybody I'd say. I just don't think he'd be as torn up about it as he may have been in the past. Winning a National Championship at Louisville may have something to do with that as well.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pitino doesn't relish the fan hatred from UK, but I would say his love of his time at Kentucky is definitely shaded somewhat because of the very hateful things that happened in his first return trip to Rupp, which apparently genuinely surprised him. But again, he doesn't relish it.

Glad Rick is a better person, however, the baby that he paid to have murder wasn't so furtunate.

 

It is officially time to remove his jersey from the Rupp Arena rafters.

There was never any abortion.

Pitino doesn't relish the fan hatred from UK, but I would say his love of his time at Kentucky is definitely shaded somewhat because of the very hateful things that happened in his first return trip to Rupp, which apparently genuinely surprised him. But again, he doesn't relish it.

 

How could you possibly know this? Even if he said it I know you don't believe him.

How could you possibly know this? Even if he said it I know you don't believe him.

Because it comes up in press conferences constantly? So he has said it, and I do believe him. How could he hate a place where he had so much success?

Glad Rick is a better person, however, the baby that he paid to have murder wasn't so furtunate.

 

It is officially time to remove his jersey from the Rupp Arena rafters.

 

 

Where is your outcry for Richie's jersey to be removed?

  • Author

For those of you that think his name should be taken from his rafters, I guess it's safe to assume you want to remove his wins and NC from the books as well. Correct?

I can understand UK fans' feelings toward Pitino being tempered by his taking the Louisville job, but I don't get the outright hate, considering what he did for UK.

 

If Denny Crum had left after 1986 and been hired at Kentucky in 1990, he probably wouldn't have a court named after him... but he would still be honored for what he did for the school and there wouldn't be the same vitriol that Kentucky fans have for Pitino.

I mean, he only saved the program and restored its winning tradition. NBD.:idunno:

Because it comes up in press conferences constantly? So he has said it, and I do believe him. How could he hate a place where he had so much success?

 

How could you believe anything that comes out of his mouth? He loves to get his digs in at UK anytime he can.

somI can understand some UK fans' feelings toward Pitino being tempered by his taking the Louisville job, but I don't get the outright hate, considering what he did for UK.

 

If Denny Crum had left after 1986 and been hired at Kentucky in 1990, he probably wouldn't have a court named after him... but he would still be honored for what he did for the school and there wouldn't be the same vitriol that Kentucky fans have for Pitino.

I mean, he only saved the program and restored its winning tradition. NBD.:idunno:

 

 

Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.

I think it has affected how he's viewed by all UK fans, not just some. That doesn't mean they all view him negatively, but can you really say there are any that view him in the completely same light in May of 1997 as today?

I think it has affected how he's viewed by all UK fans, not just some. That doesn't mean they all view him negatively, but can you really say there are any that view him in the completely same light in May of 1997 as today?

 

 

He's not the UK coach anymore so he's not my favorite coach now, but I think very highly of him as a coach.

He's not the UK coach anymore so he's not my favorite coach now, but I think very highly of him as a coach.

So that's exactly my point. I can understand that UK fans don't throw flowers at his feet anymore, but I don't get the ones tossing bombs at him.

Because it comes up in press conferences constantly? So he has said it, and I do believe him. How could he hate a place where he had so much success?

 

I 100% understand having blind loyalty for a coach who has done a great job for your school. I can understand looking past his transgressions and obvious character flaws but how in the word can you believe anything Rick Pitino says in a press conference? He is the absolute king of exaggerations and hyperbole.

Where is your outcry for Richie's jersey to be removed?

 

To use a line by 02Ram54, Richie plead not guilty and I believe him. BTW, this still is America isn't it. Innocent until proven guilty.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.