Has Obama worn out his welcome? Democrats are starting to turn on him as well?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never hated or do hate Obama. I do feel he is trying to do what is best. But I dont think it is best on what he is doing. But a lot and I mean a lot do feel he is right.

I hate he has pushed and lied about ObamaCare and hate how he does things in the media.

I dont feel he is a good leader or unifier.

I think I saw Randy Parker say it best. Good guy who is in over his head. I am a huge Obama supporter because I believe in his vision. Unfortunately I don't think he has been able to achieve that vision for whatever reason and I think people who wanted to buy in to his ideaology have soured on him. I know he is on borrowed time but I am still hoping he can turn around public perception of him because I don't believe he is purposely trying to run the country into the ground. You're only as good as the people you surround yourself with, correct?

^

You think like me, I dont think he is trying to destroy the country on purpose. The job has got over his head. I think he has a somewhat good vision for America, but yes some will keep that vison out for reasons beyond my understanding.

^ - A lot of the 'seasoned' players are now gone (Clinton, Penneta). New ones are a lesser tier. I think policy is now mainly driven by two people - Valerie Jarrett for Domestic and John Brennan for Foreign. They are the strongest personalities inside the Administration.

Of course, it couldn't be Obama?? His policies stink. That isn't a comment charged on hate or race. It's his policies, not him that is horrid. He doesn't know what to do so he focuses on social softball issues and now he isn't even winning these.

Progressives view Obama as tragically obsessed with consensus. Conservatives view Obama as terrifyingly unilateral.

Personally, I think he's bent over backwards to appear bi-partisan, and all it has accomplished is that it makes him look weak. It certainly hasn't led to any legislative victories.

In polling against Romney, "Leadership" was the only trait where Mitt had a strong edge on Obama. That difference spiked following the debt ceiling debate. Whether you believe that Republicans negotiated in bad faith to pin problems on him or just had obvious ideological differences, failing to provide a strong vision against the other team while bashing your base (in a base turnout election year!) was pretty weak and foolish electorally. Honestly, if the whole 47% thing hadn't happened, I think the debt ceiling debacle would have turned the tide against Obama--which is really saying something, because until that point I didn't see an electoral path to victory for Romney.

A liberal leaning CEO of a health foods company is turning on Obamacare.

Eden Foods doubles down in birth control flap - Salon.com

“Because I don’t care if the federal government is telling me to buy my employees Jack Daniel’s or birth control. What gives them the right to tell me that I have to do that? That’s my issue, that’s what I object to, and that’s the beginning and end of the story.” He added, “I’m not trying to get birth control out of Rite Aid or Wal-Mart, but don’t tell me I gotta pay for it.”

"I asked him what he was hearing from customers about the lawsuit. ”As you can imagine we’re getting a lot of feedback,” Potter said delicately. Indeed, since the story, Eden Foods’ Facebook page has been inundated with complaints and boycott declarations. “Your company’s unfair, judgmental and misogynistic treatment of your employees has lost you yet another customer,” was a typical comment.

He did sound annoyed to be receiving emails telling him to stay out of people’s bedrooms. “I’m not in your bedroom,” he clarified. “Obama’s in your bedroom.”"

Jack is covered under Obamacare? Who knew....

While I am conservative, I never really got into the Obama hate until the gun issues. I am just curious as to what other think as of late? Not looking to stir up hate and name calling. Honest opinions and facts.

How can he wear out his "welcome" if he was never "welcomed" to begin with? I'm digressing a bit here but it seems that the larger issue is how can the GOP "survive" three-seven-quite possibly 11 more years of a Democrat-controlled Executive Branch (especially if Hillary runs in '16).

How can he wear out his "welcome" if he was never "welcomed" to begin with? I'm digressing a bit here but it seems that the larger issue is how can the GOP "survive" three-seven-quite possibly 11 more years of a Democrat-controlled Executive Branch (especially if Hillary runs in '16).

Are you really that delusional? Obama was granted savior status from the time he was elected. Remember words about him like unifier, post-partisan, post-racial. How has he lived up to any of that? Wait let me guess the Republicans made him as condescending and arrogant as is is. I'm sure in your little world Obama has done absolutely nothing wrong and the only reason we're not living in Utopia right now is because the Republicans won't let it happen.

Are you really that delusional? Obama was granted savior status from the time he was elected. Remember words about him like unifier, post-partisan, post-racial. How has he lived up to any of that? Wait let me guess the Republicans made him as condescending and arrogant as is is. I'm sure in your little world Obama has done absolutely nothing wrong and the only reason we're not living in Utopia right now is because the Republicans won't let it happen.

Re: "Republicans won't let it happen:" The last time the country has seen obstructionism and rancor at this heightened level was probably the 1850s.