Has Obama worn out his welcome? Democrats are starting to turn on him as well?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're wrong, but I would be happy to hurl more insults for the sake of balance.

Not on this board and that is what I am talking about.

As a BGP vet I can tell you that while it may lean right on BGP, the vitriol has traditionally been brought forth by both sides. With more bombs being thrown at the President's party. And the defense is always, "your party is being hypocritical because they did it when my guy was in power..." OK, so then that same person does it any they are guilty of the same thing but they justify their actions. The political forum has a lot of "two wrong equals a right" thinking.

As a BGP vet I can tell you that while it may lean right on BGP, the vitriol has traditionally been brought forth by both sides. With more bombs being thrown at the President's party. And the defense is always, "your party is being hypocritical because they did it when my guy was in power..." OK, so then that same person does it any they are guilty of the same thing but they justify their actions. The political forum has a lot of "two wrong equals a right" thinking.

That makes sense. I'll remember that in the future. Nothing like the witty comeback of "you are part of the problem" to stimulate discussion.

As a newcomer to BGP, my two-month impression is that if BGP were the Leaning Tower of Pisa, it would lean right at about an 80-degree angle. I don't say that based on the comments of respondents. I say that based on the political topics offered for discussion.

As a newcomer to BGP, my two-month impression is that if BGP were the Leaning Tower of Pisa, it would lean right at about an 80-degree angle. I don't say that based on the comments of respondents. I say that based on the political topics offered for discussion.

And we need folks from all sides to help lean the tower back towards the middle with opposing views and discussion points. It makes this forum great ;) Trust me, when Bush was in office the Tower of Pisa would have been laying horizontal the other way around :lol2:

And we need folks from all sides to help lean the tower back towards the middle with opposing views and discussion points. It makes this forum great ;) Trust me, when Bush was in office the Tower of Pisa would have been laying horizontal the other way around :lol2:
Very true!

Being that Kentucky is a more conservative state and this is a Kentucky website there are more conservative/Republican posters active here by a comfortable margin. I think the vast majority of posters here are respectful and intelligent and willing to argue/discuss ideas on their merits rather than relying on name-calling or other boorish tactics, which makes this a great place for discussion. I think the nature of the topics and the nature of argumentation tends toward impassioned and direct posts, but I don't think that should be confused with some of the more spiteful posts found here from time to time.

Ignorant and stupid comments like this is the problem and why I hate coming in here. All the insults always seem to come from one side too. That stupidity will be the death of our country. Screw it though. Let's get dirty.

Then don't. Right, only stupidity on the other side, another arrogant know it all. Thanks for playin.

I think you're wrong, but I would be happy to hurl more insults for the sake of balance.
If you're talking this board, I know I'm not wrong, I've been here for ten + years.

If you mean in general, I still say both sides are guilty. I know we've had our radio disagreement, but I'm curious as to why you think it's one sided. Where is its you're seeing and hearing it as one sided.

If you're talking this board, I know I'm not wrong, I've been here for ten + years.

If you mean in general, I still say both sides are guilty. I know we've had our radio disagreement, but I'm curious as to why you think it's one sided. Where is its you're seeing and hearing it as one sided.

Oftentimes a fresh set of eyes (like mine) will illuminate. I would say the right-wingers/2nd Amendment boys outnumber those on the left at least 5-1 on BGP, and outnumber those who might be labeled centrists at least 2-1. Also, from responses seen today, there's an element on the right that might best be described as ill-mannered and boorish, which is a subject we have yet to broach. I know you are greatly concerned by equality. Personally, I could give a rat's behind as to whether there's balance on the board -- or not.

Oftentimes a fresh set of eyes (like mine) will illuminate. I would say the right-wingers/2nd Amendment boys outnumber those on the left at least 5-1 on BGP, and outnumber those who might be labeled centrists at least 2-1. Also, from responses seen today, there's an element on the right that might best be described as ill-mannered and boorish, which is a subject we have yet to broach. I know you are greatly concerned by equality. Personally, I could give a rat's behind as to whether there's balance on the board -- or not.
You don't have to be on the right to be pro 2nd amendment and there are people on this board that voted for Obama and disagree with him on the gun control issue. If you think this board is bad (I certainly don't, in fact I believe it's one of the most civil I've seen) then you would simply cringe at the hatred on other boards. I can tell you, I've seen and heard some of the most cruel, vile and despicable comments come from those that lean left, so again, neither side owns the rights to ill-mannered, boorish behavior IMO. If you're ever interested, I can give you proof of what I'm talking about.

I'm really not concerned by equality in the manner you're speaking of, I'm just merely pointing out what I honestly believe to be true, but I do enjoy hearing other perspectives than my own.

Your self righteous posts have comedic value. Yes everyone who disagrees with you is hateful. You can't have true open dialogue without disagreement . If you only run in circles of people who agree with you , you are never challenged and life becomes boring.

Then don't. Right, only stupidity on the other side, another arrogant know it all. Thanks for playin.

What side am I on? I like discussion but I don't see discussion in here. Forgive me for trying to learn something new.

Edited by bugatti