March 29, 201313 yr ^ To at least be fair to UK on this one, most of these aren't officially licensed shirts, but apparel companies trying to make a few cents off crazy fans. A bunch of UofL shirts have come out recently that I've thought were completely ludicrous and I've subsequently found out that it's some company that makes both UofL and UK shirts for every little achievement or situation that might come up. None of them get my business.
March 29, 201313 yr ^ While I am taking solace in the message of that shirt, I hate shirts like this. And UK is notorious for putting them out there. You can't make fun of Indiana cutting down nets, making those popcorn boxes, or creating a trophy case for a Sweet 16 season when you're putting out shirts like that IMO. Sure you can. Just because I'm fat it doesn't mean I can't make fun of Watusi. :lol2:
March 29, 201313 yr Just a joke of a game. IU looked scared and confused. Yogi was lost tonight and for the 2nd straight game they just couldn't hit the open looks they did get. Which weren't many. The deal with Lyles is he backed out of his commitment and when he did, IU stopped recruiting him. I guess he took that personally. Can't say I blame him. Zeller deserves some criticism but he got rode hard and put away wet tonight. No help inside and double to tripled EVERY time he touched the ball. I agree, another year may not help his draft stock but it would have to improve his game. I do think it's funny how holier than thou UK fans like to ride Crean and Indiana but the second anyone mentions anything about Cal or UK they're a hater and jealous. Just my opinion and has nothing to do with the loss. If any other teams fans got as much pleasure from a UK loss as UK fans do from a UL or IU loss I have no idea what would come of it. I can only imagine. It's funny though, never saw anything about IU on here and making fun of them until December of last year. Guess that one loss will lead to 20 years of hatred....it's been 20 years since Laettner's shot and you guys still hate Duke for no reason. Oh well, been a fun year 5-1 against Top 10 teams and a Big Ten Title.....things are looking up. Can't wait to see these replies, lol Tom Crean is 2 games above .500 at IU. Indiana gets sweet 16 rings. They cut down nets after losses. Of course IU fans are jealous. They haven't stepped up and delivered ANYTHING but a preseason #1 team and a couple of sweet 16 appearances. After a UK loss, U of L fans and IU fans have a field day on twitter. Don't act like UK fans are soooooo obnoxious for ripping IU when they lose. It goes both ways. It's a rivalry. And as far as Duke goes, I could probably pick at least 5 teams I hate more than Duke. IU is the one leading the pack, though.
March 29, 201313 yr You can't make fun of Indiana cutting down nets, making those popcorn boxes, or creating a trophy case for a Sweet 16 season when you're putting out shirts like that IMO. Of course you can. Shirt like that aren't coming from the school. Crean cutting down the nets, now that is comedy.
March 29, 201313 yr Author ^ To at least be fair to UK on this one, most of these aren't officially licensed shirts, but apparel companies trying to make a few cents off crazy fans. A bunch of UofL shirts have come out recently that I've thought were completely ludicrous and I've subsequently found out that it's some company that makes both UofL and UK shirts for every little achievement or situation that might come up. None of them get my business. True & I should not have said "UK." I just meant UK people. Those shirts would not get made if people didn't gobble them up. Sure you can. Just because I'm fat it doesn't mean I can't make fun of Watusi. :lol2: :lol2:
March 29, 201313 yr Author Of course you can. Shirt like that aren't coming from the school. Crean cutting down the nets, now that is comedy. Oh, I make fun of Indiana & UL all the time. But I think it's silly to make fun of them if you're the type that wears that kind of shirt. It's the same thing IMO.
March 29, 201313 yr Well I hope Bench gets of Twitter, and gives us his thoughts. He'll be on here soon enough.
March 29, 201313 yr Let's all be honest with each other... UK fans like when IU or UL loses and those fans like when UK loses. I will admit that I don't like Crean or the Hoosiers and I like it when they lose. I'm not that way with Louisville. I'm still grateful to Pitino and his role in reviving Kentucky basketball and I love their style of play. I hope they win it all this year.
March 29, 201313 yr The difference in the attitude I have between UL and IU is one thing, the fans. UL fans at least acknowledge UK has a great program and have acted like they have been there before even though they haven't hahaha. IU is a totally different animal. Its like they feel entitled of respect from other schools and if they don't get it they become downright mean. Its like they are trying to make up in the arrogance they have from the past 10 years of being irrelevant. They don't realize they are the laughing stock of basketball with all of the stupid things that happens to that program, popcorn boxes, trophy cases of a win, cutting down the nets after a loss, giving out rings for losing in the sweet 16, Crean giving tongue to his son. To them UK doesn't exist when in fact its really theirs that doesn't. If IU won the title I would be so angry, if UL wins Ill be indifferent. Thank God they lost! If this strikes you as ignorant I'm sorry, but I have family who graduated from IU and have had to deal with all of this the whole season and am venting.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.