Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

So After Tonight's Putrid Showing...

Featured Replies

Honestly, I am done with this team and just ready to move on to next year. I would feel no excitement if they made the tourney. More like dread for what they will likely do next.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if Ole Miss loses to Vandy tomorrow?

 

I heard on espn one of the analyst say that J. Lunardi had just put them in no matter what happens. Who really knows what they (ncaa) will do ?

Honestly, I am done with this team and just ready to move on to next year. I would feel no excitement if they made the tourney. More like dread for what they will likely do next.

 

I certainly understand that. I am just the "never give up" type. I know full well that if in the Cats are not going very far at all, maybe out in the 1st round. I certainly won't be mad / devastated if UK doesn't make it.

I think they are in the NIT lol. I think they need to bring in Bob Huggins!!

From the penthouse to the outhouse in one year. I guess that is what BBN will have to get used to with one and dones.
I agree. UK and the BBN knew what they were getting into when UK hired Calipari... feast or famine.

 

At least UK won the title last year... that should hold the BBN for about 5 or 6 years.

At least UK won the title last year... that should hold the BBN for about 5 or 6 years.

 

Yeah right... :lol2:

Crazy how people are so upset with one down year out of four. Cal's first season brought extreme excitement to the program. That was the best team in college ball that year. They just happened to have a really bad night in the Elite 8. His second season was possibly my favorite team. Rough start to the season, but pulled it together and got hot for a run to the Final Four. Of course last year's team was amazing. I think I can handle a down year every 4 years or so. Also, let's not forget that this team lost their best player. Freak injury had a huge impact on the remainder of the season. On other boards and comment sections, I have seen people legitimately questioning Cal's approach to coaching and recruiting because of this season. I don't even have words to describe how insane that is to me.

Crazy how people are so upset with one down year out of four. Cal's first season brought extreme excitement to the program. That was the best team in college ball that year. They just happened to have a really bad night in the Elite 8. His second season was possibly my favorite team. Rough start to the season, but pulled it together and got hot for a run to the Final Four. Of course last year's team was amazing. I think I can handle a down year every 4 years or so. Also, let's not forget that this team lost their best player. Freak injury had a huge impact on the remainder of the season. On other boards and comment sections, I have seen people legitimately questioning Cal's approach to coaching and recruiting because of this season. I don't even have words to describe how insane that is to me.

 

I agree. I will wear my UK clothes with pride, win or loose.

It's not like this team started the year sting or anything. They barely beat Maryland and then lost to Duke. It was a struggle all year. This team beer gelled like last ones have. I think a lot of fans expected this for a while this the reason it's not as upsetting.

Either NCAA Tourney or the NIT, I think UK players could go a long y to redeeming themselves by just going out and playing hard. Show some life, hustle and pride for themselves, the fans, and the program.

I think they are in the NIT lol. I think they need to bring in Bob Huggins!!

 

Might want to check how old Huggy Bear did this season...

UK's fate is up in the air, unless Ole Miss wins the SEC. That would be the final nail in the coffin.

Honestly' date=' I am done with this team and just ready to move on to next year. I would feel no excitement if they made the tourney. More like dread for what they will likely do next.[/quote']

 

I've said this for 2 months. This team is a bad dream that won't go away. It was at least fun when Noel was around. I hope Poythress sticks around so he can watch from the bench players playing with heart next year.

UK's fate is up in the air, unless Ole Miss wins the SEC. That would be the final nail in the coffin.

 

Clyde posted in another thread that UK's RPI dropped to 56. If anyone wants to hold on to a shred of hope for the NCAA, better root for Vandy over Ole Miss so they deal the same damage to them. I'm still not sure that would be enough help for UK.

Lunardi has UK playing UVA in the play-in game as of 10:24 this morning.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.