Newport Catholic 55 Bellevue 42

No disrespect? You just did disrespect Bellevue. Last time I checked (yesterday I believe it was) Bellevue is a very small public school with less than 500 enrolled in the top 4 grades. Now maybe I'm wrong but I don't see a great deal of success by any other schools fitting that same description. The Bellevue players executed a beautiful game plan to a T and almost pulled off a monumental upset. The players AND the coaches deserve better than your thinly veiled insult. But, what am I thinking? Your opinion really means squat doesn't it? It is a shame though that people absolutely MUST take cheap shots. The NewCath coach himself was a gracious winner when he told each and every player and coach to the effect, "we may have the W but you guys deserve the win." And that's not hearsy, thats a fact, I know, I heard it. Too bad that same sportsmanship doesn't play out there where Big Studs live.

No one disrespected Bellevue's work ethic and effort to almost pull the upset off. But when you are NCC- with their talent, coaching, tradition, etc.- a very close win against a team that does finish towards the bottom of the 9th- which is certainly affected by their small student body- is not too impressive. Hats off to Bellevue though.

No one disrespected Bellevue's work ethic and effort to almost pull the upset off. But when you are NCC- with their talent, coaching, tradition, etc.- a very close win against a team that does finish towards the bottom of the 9th- which is certainly affected by their small student body- is not too impressive. Hats off to Bellevue though.

I thought it was a cheapshot as well, especially coming from someone who never had to experience going to a small school or playing with a small school. It is a numbers game. If you have 4-5 Jeremy Wight;'s to choose from like the CovCath's, Highlands',Boone Co, and campbell counties of the world, then you have a luxury. NCC has so many feeder schools to choose from, they oughta be embarrassed by their "moral Loss" IMO. I gurantee every player on Bellevue's roster has more heart than most kids on bigger school rosters. Is it their fault where their parents chose to raise them? That is why they have small school tournaments so things like upsets and opportunity can happen. Bellevue should never be expected to compete and be at the top of the 9th region polls.

that mchale kid said he should be back soon. and when he does get back watch out

Since he is a Senior.... and the season is winding down.... when can they expect him back???? I heard he had several poor grades.....how you get to your senior year and tank is beyond me but I don't know the particulars on the situation. I'd like to see them do well in the District tournament. Possibly get a good draw and get to the Region.

Bellevue dominated the game, they Just fell apart when the Wight kid went out early in the third

I heard the same thing..... if he stays in the game and handles the ball it probably ends in regulation and Bellevue advances.

My question about Bellevue is why do they have 10 seniors on their roster??? Are they developing any younger kids?