Dominique Hawkins = Darius Miller?

This years UK team is evidence why it's important to have "4-year" guys on the roster. No chemistry, selfishness, etc. Why was last years group so good? Darius Miller...he would have put Harrow and Goodwin in their places this year while making Poythress play hard ALL of the time.

With that said, in my opinion, Dominique Hawkins for Madison Central should be offered a scholarship to play for UK. Not sure where he is being recruited but he is consistently putting up big numbers against the top competition in the state and nation. I know they're a little different in position but their roles could be similar on a team next year that will tout unbelievable talent but need a "SOLID" guy in the program.

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why this isn't already a done deal??? In years past they have let some solid kids from in-state go (i.e. Lofton, Hickey, etc). Its time that he starts picking up some solid in-state recruits that can be 3-4 year guys, and Darius wasn't even his recruit.

I don't think KY currently recruits KY kids and if Darius Miller were a Senior this year he wouldn't get a look out of Lexington.

How can they not recruit Kentucky kids when one has already signed to play at UK next season in an already loaded class? I guess they should tell Marcus Lee to hit the door to free up a spot for Hawkins?

I am willing to bet Miller would have been recruited to play for Cal.

Wasn't the knock on Darius that he never turned into the leader everyone hoped? He was a nice 4 year player but he was never the man to take charge and calm things down nor did he ever appear to want that role.
That's funny, I thought when he was in the game last year, that's exactly what he did.

This years UK team is evidence why it's important to have "4-year" guys on the roster. No chemistry, selfishness, etc. Why was last years group so good? Darius Miller...he would have put Harrow and Goodwin in their places this year while making Poythress play hard ALL of the time.

With that said, in my opinion, Dominique Hawkins for Madison Central should be offered a scholarship to play for UK. Not sure where he is being recruited but he is consistently putting up big numbers against the top competition in the state and nation. I know they're a little different in position but their roles could be similar on a team next year that will tout unbelievable talent but need a "SOLID" guy in the program.

What are your thoughts?

Please pardon my ignorance about Madison Central & Mr. Hawkins.

First, how big is Hawkins?

Second, what type of national schedule has Madison Central played this season?

Please pardon my ignorance about Madison Central & Mr. Hawkins.

First, how big is Hawkins?

Second, what type of national schedule has Madison Central played this season?

Madison Central has played games against the top 3 teams in ky in Bullitt East (twice), Trinity and Ballard. They also played Travis from Ft Bend, Tx which is where the Harrisons play. He had 29 in that game in a 7 pt loss.

I'm not sure of his height. I'd guess 6'2"